Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: Terrelle Pryor Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Bullshit. The NFL is an organization made up of 32 employers. It is up to the individual employer if they want to hire someone with past transgressions. If I committed academic fraud, say, in college and I found a company willing to hire me anyway why shouldn't I work there without punishment?

The NFL isn't about morals and what's right and wrong. It's a source of employment. And if they are willing to employ, then god bless them.
    Then why have a draft? Let the 32 employers make their offers to the players and let them sign wherever?

In fact, why even have college football? Make the offers right out of high-school. Middle school if they show promise.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Then why have a draft? Let the 32 employers make their offers to the players and let them sign wherever?

In fact, why even have college football? Make the offers right out of high-school. Middle school if they show promise.
    You still have a choice in the draft. If you don't like Pryor, you don't have to select him. All it takes is 1 team willing to take that chance. Usually that team is the Bengals.

It is...certifiable.

He isn't even on a team...and he's suspended for five games? Bush & Carroll are coo' though. Riiiight...

Goodell has managed to come up with a suspension here that is both insane AND worthless. How much would Pryor be playing the first five games anyway?

I wish someone would tape one of these to his office door...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Too often, players break rules to the detriment of the college game and escape all punishment by going to the NFL.
    To the detriment of the college game?

That's like chastising a hooker for leaving a street pimp to move into the best brothel in town.....
    Last edited by mindless lemming; 08-19-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I think that it was a good call by Goodell. Cheating is cheating.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

The NFLPA just had their chance to do something about these suspensions and chose not to. Personally I hate the arbitrary and ambiguous nature of Goodell's ruling but there really is nothing that's going to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think that it was a good call by Goodell. Cheating is cheating.
    Cheating is cheating.

Punishments/fines are haphazard and seemingly random.

That makes Goodell full of doublespeak, lies, and fail.

Is there a suspension coming for Tavares Gooden? He broke NCAA rules as well. Pete Carroll left USC in shambles. Surely he's out the first five games? Good thing Jim Tressel isn't in the NFL. He'd have a suspension coming his way, right Commish? This is the same type of bullshit as Goodell 'fighting' for player safety while pushing for a longer season.

Re: Pryor will be suspended after he enters the NFL

Caleb King (RB-Georgia) is ineligible this year and will be allowed in the NFL draft.

The NFL needs to stop trying to get in bed with the NCAA, or they might catch the hypocrisy themselves..

Re: Pryor will be suspended after he enters the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    Caleb King (RB-Georgia) is ineligible this year and will be allowed in the NFL draft.

The NFL needs to stop trying to get in bed with the NCAA, or they might catch the hypocrisy themselves..

This is pathetic.

Gene Smith & Jim Tressell offered Terrell Pryor to take a 5 game suspension if he wanted to play in the Sugar Bowl. As long as OSU won that Bowl game and made big money of it, the NCAA was perfectly fine with it. Now that they all made their money and have their pockets filled, they're going to make Pryor suffer for his mistakes, yet take their paycheck and enjoy a nice vacation. It's great to see Jim Tressell leave with MILLIONS of dollars and live a comfortable life, while Pryor is the only one held accountable for his mistakes.

So is Mr. Goddell going to do anything about Peter Carroll? You know the guy that bolted a program before the revelations of cheating came through and is making 8 million dollars a year in the NFL.

The sad part is that he didn't suffer anything (except for a nice big paycheck) yet all those kids who were there AFTER his tenure have to pay for his wrongdoings. So is Goddell going to do something about Carroll and protect the "integrity" of the sport? What a joke.

I like it as well.

These cheaters are viewing the NFL as their safe haven from their misgivings done in college. They get to the pros and almost thumb their nose at the problem, never once caring what they are doing to their institutions after they are outside the reach of the NCAA.

I hope Goddell and the NCAA expand their cooperative.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I like it as well.

These cheaters are viewing the NFL as their safe haven from their misgivings done in college. They get to the pros and almost thumb their nose at the problem, never once caring what they are doing to their institutions after they are outside the reach of the NCAA.

I hope Goddell and the NCAA expand their cooperative.
    I'm in this boat as well.

Although I think Pryor should have to wait until April to be eligible. The NFL came out and said he undermined the integrity of the NFL and the supplemental draft. If that's the case, he shouldn't be eligible.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66