Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: Terrelle Pryor Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They get to the pros and almost thumb their nose at the problem, never once caring what they are doing to their institutions after they are outside the reach of the NCAA.
    Once again, could somebody PLEASE point out to me evidence that the colleges involved in big time football or basketball today give two shits about anything but raking in the vast quantities of monies these programs generate, and why ANYONE would feel the slightest bit of angst when the programs are forced to lie in a bed of their own making?????? I mean really, the colleges as victims.....

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by mindless lemming View Post
    Once again, could somebody PLEASE point out to me evidence that the colleges involved in big time football or basketball today give two shits about anything but raking in the vast quantities of monies these programs generate, and why ANYONE would feel the slightest bit of angst when the programs are forced to lie in a bed of their own making?????? I mean really, the colleges as victims.....

Terps Hoops Program.

I defy anyone to make a claim that Gary was dirty.

And when did I cast the college as the victim?

Re: Pryor will be suspended after he enters the NFL

I like it.

Good to see this developing cooperative between the NFL and the NCAA.

And the argument that this could / should be retroactive is silly to past players who had NCAA infractions is silly. It's a new initiative and nobody in the past is going to get the horns.

The NFL is becoming the safe haven for those who screw around in the NCAA and I'm getting tired of it.

Kudos Roger!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    These cheaters are viewing the NFL as their safe haven from their misgivings done in college. They get to the pros and almost thumb their nose at the problem, never once caring what they are doing to their institutions after they are outside the reach of the NCAA.

Couldn't agree more! Wait...who are we talking about here?

BL, I agree.

He was dirty, IMO. But you have to start somewhere and just because Carroll got in under the gun doesn't mean they shouldn't start the cooperative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Cheating is cheating.

Punishments/fines are haphazard and seemingly random.

That makes Goodell full of doublespeak, lies, and fail.

Is there a suspension coming for Tavares Gooden? He broke NCAA rules as well. Pete Carroll left USC in shambles. Surely he's out the first five games? Good thing Jim Tressel isn't in the NFL. He'd have a suspension coming his way, right Commish? This is the same type of bullshit as Goodell 'fighting' for player safety while pushing for a longer season.
    Jim Tressel was actually a special guest of Mike Brown at Bengals camp the other day. They are very close. Lots of rumors that he's going to get hired by the Bengals next year.

We all know that Goodell wouldn't do shit to a coach no matter what they did. Different rules for players. Our own drunk driving o-line coach is proof of that. Goodell is such a clown. They should make him VP of Marketing instead of Commish because that's all he really does.

Let's see. AJ Green was suspended for 4 games for selling his OWN jersey. He violated NCAA rules. Yet he was eligible for the draft...I wonder why? Maybe because he was a top 5 pick and the NFL didn't want to hurt their next big money maker...

The NFL should NOT punish players for something that happened in a different league. What Pryor did while in college is no business of the NFL. And to let the coaches go nonpunishable is even more hilarious.

Thumbs up Re: Pryor will be suspended after he enters the NFL

to the Commish for taking a stand against cheaters!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Pryor was suspended for the first five games by Ohio State. Then he decides to move to NFL. They're just honoring that suspension so to speak so he can't get away scott free. \

However, now Pryor and lawyer are saying they're going to appeal: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ame-suspension

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!