Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Yanda to miss Chiefs game and maybe Redskins

According to a tweet from Aaron Wilson Yanda is hurting. He's already missed 5 practices from this and will be out tomorrows game. There is also a chance he is out against the Redskins next week. Look for a Mattison-Cousins-Reid group on the right side.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Yanda to miss Chiefs game and maybe Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    According to a tweet from Aaron Wilson Yanda is hurting. He's already missed 5 practices from this and will be out tomorrows game. There is also a chance he is out against the Redskins next week. Look for a Mattison-Cousins-Reid group on the right side.
    The Ravens certainly have to be cautious with Yanda, we know what he can do. No problem seeing if Mattison (C) Cousins (RG) and Reid (RT) can be productive. BTW, why is Mattison the back-up center? Did he ever even play the position? What about our two UDFAs (Bartholomew and Barnes)? ... Bc

Re: Yanda to miss Chiefs game and maybe Redskins

Give Justin Boren another go, I'd like to see him make the team as backup guard

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The Ravens certainly have to be cautious with Yanda, we know what he can do. No problem seeing if Mattison (C) Cousins (RG) and Reid (RT) can be productive. BTW, why is Mattison the back-up center? Did he ever even play the position? What about our two UDFAs (Bartholomew and Barnes)? ... Bc
    I think the coaching staff wanted to give Mattison a shot since he'd put in so much practice squad time. Coupled with the fact that there were a limited number of O-linemen who were relatively familiar with the blocking schemes and line calls. In effect, he is actually the most experienced back-up we have in that regard after Cousins. On top of that, the coaches and I believe even Filmstudy felt that he performed pretty well against the Eagles.

But yes, you are correct that Mattison has not played center in the past, however, maybe they finally found the spot he is able to succeed at in the NFL. It's certainly a possibility albeit unlikely.

I know he'll likely play week 1, but I'm starting to get concerned.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

hey, if he isn't 100%, there is no need to risk further injury in a meaningless exhibition game. give the other guys the reps, they def need them.

yanda is being held out because he has been having back spasms. does anybody have any insight into that kind of injury? harbs has said that he will be ready to go by week 1, but when i hear about back injuries i get pretty nervous.

7. Re: Yanda to miss Chiefs game and maybe Redskins

if it were a regular season game he would be playing on Sunday and listed as questionable. I'm not too concerned about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    if it were a regular season game he would be playing on Sunday and listed as questionable. I'm not too concerned about this.

Its preseason, he's a proven talent and he doesn't need to play in a game that is as worthless as Cousins' skills at RT.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Just a safety precaution and chance to see the other guys. With no off season or scrimmages they have to use these games to figure out what they've got in those few questionable positions.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jared Yanda? Marshall Gaither??

I'm not too sure if I would be so positive about this. I don't really care if a plays a snap of pre-season football or not, that's not really whats at stake. Back Injuries, especially for linemen tend to linger. This is not good news at all coming from our best and most consistent lineman. I really do hope he heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Jared Yanda? Marshall Gaither??
    I literally thought the same thing when I heard he had back issues. Not good news at all.