Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here is a horrible thought

Early in a game, let's say Pashos gets banged up. Who plays right tackle?
    Later on, Ogden gets hurt. Now who is our left and right tackle?

Brown and Chester are candidates, I guess. Maybe Wilcox, or even Q-Tip.

A Very unlikely scenario I realize, but who would be used in the first case, and even more scarily - in the second?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: Here is a horrible thought

I think Terry was a RT in college.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

I wouldn't stress out about potential doomsday scenarios unless they actually happen. We aren't picking up anybody at this point to help with tackle depth, so it is kind of a moot point. There is no need to make up problems like "what if McNair and Boller have injuries on back-to-back plays" when we have actual problems like Mike Flynn at center and Keydrick Vincent at guard.

To answer your question: Terry would play RT and then switch to left where we would then have 2 TEs playing RT in a max protect package. At that point it really doesn't matter because that game and our season are toast.

Adam Terry is the backup at both RT and LT. As for who else would step in - who knows? They'd sign another tackle or bring someone up from the practice squad right after the game if either injury was serious enough.

Maybe Kordell Stewart is available. We know he can punt - maybe he can block too.

Terry was a LT in college.

Hence the struggle going to the other side.

I would imagine Chester might step in,he is probably the most qualified(I know that isnt saying much) and the Ravens have said that he might eventually end up there in the future.

To expand on woodlawn's post, Terry was an LT in college, Terry is purely an LT (and a pretty good one technique-wise) and does not have the physicality and strength and leg drive to play RT and hence hasn't taken over at RT as so many (myself not included) have been expecting since midway through last season.

Mule would move out to RT, the posistion he played in college.
    Terry would take over LT.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

[QUOTE=Art-Florida;8697]Early in a game, let's say Pashos gets banged up. Who plays right tackle?

God dude.......take some Pepto....Chill!!!!!!!!:usa:

[quote=Ravensarge;8754]
    Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    Early in a game, let's say Pashos gets banged up. Who plays right tackle?

God dude.......take some Pepto....Chill!!!!!!!!:usa:
    Thanks for the sage advice, but did you think I lose sleep over this?

I was merely posing a hypothesis. The fact is, we have ONE backup tackle for two spots. I really don't know who would play if two were knocked out. Neither do you, or anyone else who posts on here.

If that's too complicated, do a Google on hypothesis. There. Now is that "chilly" enough for you...dude?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Art presents a legitimate concern, and one I thought would have been addressed by now. JO is hobbling and we are down to just two healthy tackles. I believe Kracalik or Droge is on the PS, but that would be a nightmare as bith of those guys were horrid. We must sign/trade for a legit tackle by the deadline. It seems we are trying to protect Daniels, Ross, Derrick Martin, Ogelsby, Prude and David Pittman, but we may have to sacrifice one of them to carry more depth at tackle.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

[QUOTE=Art-Florida;8779]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge View Post

If that's too complicated, do a Google on hypothesis. There. Now is that "chilly" enough for you...dude?
    Nope.....nothing came up on that scenario when I Googled it....dude:usa: