Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Wow, I could show up and look like that if any NFL teams are interested! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And this is the problem with the whole thing.

It's hard not to think of what our line could look like, and how much better it would perform with tha healthy, motivated Gaither, but that was never part of the plan. Oher fits the image of what Harbs wanted at left tackle, and it doesn't seem to matter that he looks like tarzan and plays like Jane. I think he will be our LT for some time to come, almost independant of his play there.
    Because........OHER PLAYED LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE!!!! IT'S THE POSITION THE RAVENS DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND TO PLAY!!!

Why does this point get ignored? The Ravens aren't drafting a right tackle in the first round. No team in their right mind does.
    As for Gaither being healthy and motivated, its all about the cash. He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off...
    ...even more.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Because........OHER PLAYED LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE!!!! IT'S THE POSITION THE RAVENS DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND TO PLAY!!!

Why does this point get ignored? The Ravens aren't drafting a right tackle in the first round. No team in their right mind does.
    As for Gaither being healthy and motivated, its all about the cash. He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off.
    And when your LT doesn't work as a Lt he gets moved to teh right, and even inside to guard, see Gallery, Robert the difference is ego. Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field. .

Blog Entries

Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field...
    Don't agree. Oher is @ LT because Gaither is an unmotivated, lazy, but talented OT who "shot himself in the foot." If Gaither had worked with the team, and put in the required time and effort, IMO he would be the Ravens starting LT (with Oher @ RT). Why do you think Ozzie drafted Reid in round #3? It's because he couldn't trust Gaither to show up in football shape, that's physically and mentally... Bc

How many players NOT under contract VOLUNTEER to show up at OTA's? Hint, the answer is almost zero.

Gaither was under contract last offseason when he blew off OTAs.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Sean is just in denial. He'll just go back to talking about how everyone has a 'hatred' for Jared or is misinformed.

We had this argument on SunSpot a while back (Sean, Brohan and I). Sean asked for one shred of evidence that one of Gaither's coaches, teammates, etc. criticized his work ethic and/or attitude. Brohan provided a link to Ralph Friedgen doing just that. Then, Sean decided to switch the goal posts in the discussion and demanded a link from an NFL coach or player.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Sean is just in denial.
    maybe you are in denial. you don't know anymore than he does. he has made a good argument to back up his opinion just like you have made a good argument to back up yours. the only people who know for sure are those directly involved.

weird how polarizing gaither still is. i had strong opinions on the situation myself but the second he signed with the chiefs they became irrelevent. its time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Gaither was under contract last offseason when he blew off OTAs.
    No, he wasn't. He was dangled on a tender which is not a contract until signed. There is a major difference from a legality viewpoint. Tendered players(including franchise tagged players) rarely, if ever, participate in OTA's,

Blog Entries

I am not in denial. My argument to Sean has long been that Gaither's poor conditioning of his body has made him less durable. Thus, leading to many of the injuries he has suffered. That John Harbaugh called him out and singled him out with this in mind. I have also contended that Gaither's weight loss had a key impact on his back injury. I have also contended that Gaither's injury is healed, and that his poor work ethic is what has truly led to him settling for a one year contract with KC. I have provided links to all of my claims, as evidence. Sean has not provided one, why declaring that Tony Lombardi is misinformed, this board is full of 'hatred' for Jared Gaither and that:

Gaither actually hurt his back during the New England regular season game in 2009

And

That Gaither's injury is why Oakland did not sign him.

While I have provided links to evidence that suggest that Gaither was not still hurt.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Has anyone heard how he has looked in KC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    I have also contended that Gaither's injury is healed.
    Healed? Many back injuries never fully heal. I've been dealing with a thoracic issue myself for over ten years.

Your opinions, theories, and suppositions do not equal facts.

Blog Entries

No, he wasn't. He was dangled on a tender which is not a contract until signed. There is a major difference from a legality viewpoint. Tendered players(including franchise tagged players) rarely, if ever, participate in OTA's,
    Here's a guy with one more year under Ravens rule, looking for a BIG PAYDAY, and he doesn't show up @ OTAs (?) He apparently doesn't take care of himself, and comes into TC under-weight and injured. Your "legality" does not jive with "reality". That's why he was rejected in Oakland, and signed for the minimum in K.C.... Bc

And when your LT doesn't work as a Lt he gets moved to teh right, and even inside to guard, see Gallery, Robert the difference is ego. Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field. .
    Sigh.. AND THE FACT THAT HE WAS A LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE AND DRAFTED IN THE FIRST FREAKING ROUND TO BE A LEFT TACKLE!

You know, it's amazing to me that you are holding onto this belief that Gaither was this next coming of Jonathan Ogden. Especially since he's gone and had to get picked up by a team who's basically taking a low risk flyer on him when no other team wanted him. And if you think for a minute the Ravens are drafting Michael Oher to play RT after paying him what they needed to as a first round pick, you are definately nearly alone in that thinking.

I'll say it a third time. If Gaither, a supplemental draft pick BTW, was as good and dominant as you so want everyone to believe he is/was, then Michael Oher, a LEFT TACKLE, would not have been drafted. Gaither would never have been moved to right tackle, and he'd still be here.

Bottom line, they drafted Oher because what they saw in his college time was better than what they saw in Gaither, and wanted to have Gaither on the right. Gaither wanted money over position and voila, here we are.