Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 194
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...



    http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...tml?mode=print

    Here is a link to an article by Aaron Wilson where Gaither's agent, back in MARCH, claimed that Gaither was fully healed from the back injury, while Gaither himself claimed that he felt great.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    493

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    makes no sense.
    Glad to see you over here at 24x7, Sean. I remember that you've had some similar medical issues that have kept you out of action from time to time, even on the message boards, so I understand your passion.

    A lot of things don't make sense... My wife still loves me, for instance, even after 23 years of marriage and a few more living in sin before that. At least she says she does. But that doesn't mean it makes sense. And where Drew Rosenhaus is involved... I personally think anything is possible, both ill and good. Making sense? Not so much when he's around, I suspect.

    Bottom line, I hope Jared can get it together and perform well. I always liked him, warts and all. But then again, I cut a lot of slack for most people, even for those many would say deserve none.

    Bang The Drum Slowly: "He was not a bad fellow, no worse than most and probably better than some, and not a bad ballplayer neither when they give him a chance, when they laid off him long enough. From here on in, I rag nobody.‎"

    That's the way I was raised. I am at my best when I remember it and at my worst when I don't.

    Regards...




  3. #108

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It is now in it's 6th page and you've contributed several posts to it. So what exactly is your point? ... Bc
    I had one post until the fifth page. My point is, why do former Ravens players and coaches, spawn so many threads of disdain...it's amazing!




  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ight_loss.html

    Here is a link to a entry where Gaither claims that he lost the weight to relieve the pain in his FOOT, but didn't expect to lose as much as he did.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Land of the crab-cake
    Posts
    709

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    How the hell did he even pass his physical?!
    90% of the game is half mental




  6. #111

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-a-Raven.html

    That is a link to an article where Jared claims that he always wants to be a Raven. Yet, you claimed that the team wanted him back as well. While I also claimed that the team did not want him back. Why is Gaither not a Raven Sean? He wanted to be a Raven? Could it be that the team really did not want him back? He signed with Kansas City for less than a million. Couldn't the Ravens afford that? Why didn't they pay him?


    Injury, and money. You're right, Harbaugh expressed interest in Jared returning to baltimore. My guess is they didn't want to take the risk on someone with a long term, dicey injury. Mason, Heap, and Buddy Lee aren't on the team either...did the Ravens not trust them? Again, find me one link where any Raven coach, player, front office person claim that Jared was lazy, a head case, or anything but a hard worker.
    Tony and i have talked about this very issue. I'm not saying he's a liar, just misinformed. We both know how the other feels about this subject. I've had the same personal conversations with Ravor. i never said that there wasn't some merit to things being said. My point is most of this is junior high telephone, blown way out of porportion.
    Why would Hugh Jackson want him with the Raiders, if the rumors were true? He was an offensive coach here, he would know. He wasn't signed because his back couldn't pass the physical.
    The Chiefs took a flyer, hoping to get the guy back to health. They know they have a steal, if he can get the injury resolved. I hope for Jared's sake, they can fix the injury. The guy is just starting to enter his prime years in the NFL. It's not like our front office has been rocket scientist, when it comes to the O-line. JO fell in their laps at five, we have zero other o-lineman, pro bowlers. I love our front office, but they haven't built alot of confidence on the O side of the ball, besides running back, and tight end.
    This is a dead horse, i'm tired of beating. Lets see how it plays out. My guess is, if he can get healthy, he'll sign a mega deal next year. Bad timing, some his fault, but mostly bad luck.




  7. #112

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Simple, he has set the team back. He wanted LT money which is why he worked so hard in the off season to lose that weight. The coaches were not happy with his weight loss. If had dedicated himself to the team and become transparent there would not be ay thread, much less a 6 page one. No we have freakin Cousins and Jah Reid
    All your opinion, and suicide in a contract year. Even Drew isn't that stupid. Jared was going to be the LT before the injury. They even had Kevin write in his blog before camp, that the LT position would be won on the field. The notion that he lost all that weight so they couldn't move him, is probably the most ludacris thing i've read on a MB ever. As i said to excel...dead horse. I'm off to find a Rex thread, or one of the many others laughing at our loyal ex-players for having the audacity to go to another team when low-balled.




  8. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Where is the long term risk Sean? KC signed him to a one year deal. I posted a link to a piece written by Aaron Wilson, where Gaither claimed that he felt great and his agent said that he was 100%. The piece was written back in March. Were they lying?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Here's the link to that one article Sean, for the second time.

    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-a-Raven.html

    Shortly after Harbaugh conducted an extensive conversation with Gaither’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, Gaither confirmed that he planned to report for workouts.

    Gaither, 24, said it doesn’t bother him that Harbaugh singled him out.

    Why would he single out Gaither Sean?

    Here's more from the article:

    "I really believe Jared is going to be a premier offensive tackle in this league," Harbaugh said. "The thing we need him to do is to get up there and start working on it. I talked to Drew Rosenhaus and he tells me he’s getting Jared in shape. The last time I checked Drew Rosenhaus doesn’t coach the offensive line in the National Football League. Jared needs to be in our weight room with our players with our offensive line, becoming the player he can become. ..

    “To think that you’re going to gain something by staying away, this is a team sport,” Harbaugh said. “Come in and be the very best you can be. As a coach and a general manager and an owner you look at that and you say, ‘That’s the kind of guy we want to have for the long term that we want to make a long-term investment because we can trust him and count on him to be there.’ The other thing is you kind of go, ‘Well, I don’t know. Is this the kind of guy we can trust and count on?’”

    "I walked up to him and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to have a great offseason. You need to get bigger and stronger and therefore more durable,’" Harbaugh said. "And he was right on that. He absolutely was, ‘Coach, that’s what I’m going to do.’”
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    How could Gaither pass KC's physical if he wasn't healthy, and why would he say that he felt great, back in March, if he really wasn't? Since Rosenhaus is no fool, why would he say that Gaither was 100%, back in March, if he really wasn't?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    what's more of a mystery is that the raiders passed on him I don't know what's going on




  12. #117

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Look. KC is taking the proverbial "shot in the dark" that Jared Gaither can help them. If he fails, the team spent less than a million to find out. If he can, then that's a complete bonus for them.

    I say again, if the Ravens believed that Gaither was worth bringing back, or could be the player they thought they got in the supplemental draft, then he would be a Raven right now; back injury and all. He would have started camp on PUP while he gets better.

    Let's remember that Gaither also held himself out of OTA's and mini-camps last year too, without saying anything to anyone. I remember Harbaugh calling him out (in that article Ring posted), to the press because he simply decided not to show up.

    Gaither would be a Raven if he did the right things. He didn't. He's now in Kansas City making a small fraction of what he could be making now. And he's lucky he's there. That's the bottom line




  13. #118

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Well...since this thread about a non-Raven is up over 120 posts, I can only assume the new thread about current Raven Art Jones will double or triple that, yes?




  14. #119

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Well...since this thread about a non-Raven is up over 120 posts, I can only assume the new thread about current Raven Art Jones will double or triple that, yes?
    I don't know why we're still talking about it TBH.




  15. #120

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    You nailed it Stinger, He simply does not act or play like a Raven. BTW, Sandiegosean, it is not my opinion, it is well documented about Harbs distaste with Gaither. Simply pick any of the links that have been previously provided to you. Gaither was never going to be our LT. Thats why Oher (THE BLIND SIDE GUY) was brought in. Granted, that was probably a bad decision.
    And this is the problem with the whole thing.

    It's hard not to think of what our line could look like, and how much better it would perform with tha healthy, motivated Gaither, but that was never part of the plan. Oher fits the image of what Harbs wanted at left tackle, and it doesn't seem to matter that he looks like tarzan and plays like Jane. I think he will be our LT for some time to come, almost independant of his play there.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland