Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

How many players NOT under contract VOLUNTEER to show up at OTA's? Hint, the answer is almost zero.

Gaither was under contract last offseason when he blew off OTAs.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Sean is just in denial. He'll just go back to talking about how everyone has a 'hatred' for Jared or is misinformed.

We had this argument on SunSpot a while back (Sean, Brohan and I). Sean asked for one shred of evidence that one of Gaither's coaches, teammates, etc. criticized his work ethic and/or attitude. Brohan provided a link to Ralph Friedgen doing just that. Then, Sean decided to switch the goal posts in the discussion and demanded a link from an NFL coach or player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Sean is just in denial.
    maybe you are in denial. you don't know anymore than he does. he has made a good argument to back up his opinion just like you have made a good argument to back up yours. the only people who know for sure are those directly involved.

weird how polarizing gaither still is. i had strong opinions on the situation myself but the second he signed with the chiefs they became irrelevent. its time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Gaither was under contract last offseason when he blew off OTAs.
    No, he wasn't. He was dangled on a tender which is not a contract until signed. There is a major difference from a legality viewpoint. Tendered players(including franchise tagged players) rarely, if ever, participate in OTA's,

Blog Entries

I am not in denial. My argument to Sean has long been that Gaither's poor conditioning of his body has made him less durable. Thus, leading to many of the injuries he has suffered. That John Harbaugh called him out and singled him out with this in mind. I have also contended that Gaither's weight loss had a key impact on his back injury. I have also contended that Gaither's injury is healed, and that his poor work ethic is what has truly led to him settling for a one year contract with KC. I have provided links to all of my claims, as evidence. Sean has not provided one, why declaring that Tony Lombardi is misinformed, this board is full of 'hatred' for Jared Gaither and that:

Gaither actually hurt his back during the New England regular season game in 2009

And

That Gaither's injury is why Oakland did not sign him.

While I have provided links to evidence that suggest that Gaither was not still hurt.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Has anyone heard how he has looked in KC?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    I have also contended that Gaither's injury is healed.
    Healed? Many back injuries never fully heal. I've been dealing with a thoracic issue myself for over ten years.

Your opinions, theories, and suppositions do not equal facts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, he wasn't. He was dangled on a tender which is not a contract until signed. There is a major difference from a legality viewpoint. Tendered players(including franchise tagged players) rarely, if ever, participate in OTA's,
    Here's a guy with one more year under Ravens rule, looking for a BIG PAYDAY, and he doesn't show up @ OTAs (?) He apparently doesn't take care of himself, and comes into TC under-weight and injured. Your "legality" does not jive with "reality". That's why he was rejected in Oakland, and signed for the minimum in K.C.... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And when your LT doesn't work as a Lt he gets moved to teh right, and even inside to guard, see Gallery, Robert the difference is ego. Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field. .
    Sigh.. AND THE FACT THAT HE WAS A LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE AND DRAFTED IN THE FIRST FREAKING ROUND TO BE A LEFT TACKLE!

You know, it's amazing to me that you are holding onto this belief that Gaither was this next coming of Jonathan Ogden. Especially since he's gone and had to get picked up by a team who's basically taking a low risk flyer on him when no other team wanted him. And if you think for a minute the Ravens are drafting Michael Oher to play RT after paying him what they needed to as a first round pick, you are definately nearly alone in that thinking.

I'll say it a third time. If Gaither, a supplemental draft pick BTW, was as good and dominant as you so want everyone to believe he is/was, then Michael Oher, a LEFT TACKLE, would not have been drafted. Gaither would never have been moved to right tackle, and he'd still be here.

Bottom line, they drafted Oher because what they saw in his college time was better than what they saw in Gaither, and wanted to have Gaither on the right. Gaither wanted money over position and voila, here we are.

No one moves the meter on this board like Jared Gaither. The longevity of this debate, as evidenced by the numerous threads over the years, is simply staggering.

He is not on this team not due to Ozzies ego or a coaching staff's vendetta, but because he is not reliable. I dont think anyone would argue his immense talent, but as we know, that will only get you so far in life, especially in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    Has anyone heard how he has looked in KC?
    They just wrapped up their last day of camp in KC yesterday as they prepare to fly to Baltimore.

Camp Notes:

INJURY REPORT
    Offensive linemen Jared Gaither, Ryan O’Callaghan and Darryl Harris, nose tackle Anthony Toribio and linebacker Eric Bakhtiari did not practice.
    They said they'd try to get him ready to back up LT Brandon Albert. My guess it will be some time before he suits up.

Can't wait to hear the crowd chant J-A-R-E-D !!!!!! when he steps onto the field again. :liar: