Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

what's more of a mystery is that the raiders passed on him I don't know what's going on

Look. KC is taking the proverbial "shot in the dark" that Jared Gaither can help them. If he fails, the team spent less than a million to find out. If he can, then that's a complete bonus for them.

I say again, if the Ravens believed that Gaither was worth bringing back, or could be the player they thought they got in the supplemental draft, then he would be a Raven right now; back injury and all. He would have started camp on PUP while he gets better.

Let's remember that Gaither also held himself out of OTA's and mini-camps last year too, without saying anything to anyone. I remember Harbaugh calling him out (in that article Ring posted), to the press because he simply decided not to show up.

Gaither would be a Raven if he did the right things. He didn't. He's now in Kansas City making a small fraction of what he could be making now. And he's lucky he's there. That's the bottom line

Well...since this thread about a non-Raven is up over 120 posts, I can only assume the new thread about current Raven Art Jones will double or triple that, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Well...since this thread about a non-Raven is up over 120 posts, I can only assume the new thread about current Raven Art Jones will double or triple that, yes?
    I don't know why we're still talking about it TBH.

You nailed it Stinger, He simply does not act or play like a Raven. BTW, Sandiegosean, it is not my opinion, it is well documented about Harbs distaste with Gaither. Simply pick any of the links that have been previously provided to you. Gaither was never going to be our LT. Thats why Oher (THE BLIND SIDE GUY) was brought in. Granted, that was probably a bad decision.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    I'm off to find a Rex thread, or one of the many others laughing at our loyal ex-players for having the audacity to go to another team when low-balled.
    Really, whos bashing Heap, Wilson, Gregg, Mason, Landry ????? You must have a man crush on Rex and Gaither. Biscuit made it PERFECTLY CLEAR why Harbs was selected over Rex
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    You nailed it Stinger, He simply does not act or play like a Raven. BTW, Sandiegosean, it is not my opinion, it is well documented about Harbs distaste with Gaither. Simply pick any of the links that have been previously provided to you. Gaither was never going to be our LT. Thats why Oher (THE BLIND SIDE GUY) was brought in. Granted, that was probably a bad decision.
    And this is the problem with the whole thing.

It's hard not to think of what our line could look like, and how much better it would perform with tha healthy, motivated Gaither, but that was never part of the plan. Oher fits the image of what Harbs wanted at left tackle, and it doesn't seem to matter that he looks like tarzan and plays like Jane. I think he will be our LT for some time to come, almost independant of his play there.

Wow, I could show up and look like that if any NFL teams are interested! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And this is the problem with the whole thing.

It's hard not to think of what our line could look like, and how much better it would perform with tha healthy, motivated Gaither, but that was never part of the plan. Oher fits the image of what Harbs wanted at left tackle, and it doesn't seem to matter that he looks like tarzan and plays like Jane. I think he will be our LT for some time to come, almost independant of his play there.
    Because........OHER PLAYED LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE!!!! IT'S THE POSITION THE RAVENS DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND TO PLAY!!!

Why does this point get ignored? The Ravens aren't drafting a right tackle in the first round. No team in their right mind does.
    As for Gaither being healthy and motivated, its all about the cash. He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off...
    ...even more.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Because........OHER PLAYED LEFT TACKLE IN COLLEGE!!!! IT'S THE POSITION THE RAVENS DRAFTED HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND TO PLAY!!!

Why does this point get ignored? The Ravens aren't drafting a right tackle in the first round. No team in their right mind does.
    As for Gaither being healthy and motivated, its all about the cash. He knew he couldn't get paid as a LT playing RT. its almost that plain and simple. So he slacked off.
    And when your LT doesn't work as a Lt he gets moved to teh right, and even inside to guard, see Gallery, Robert the difference is ego. Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field. .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Oher is a LT at this moment due to Oz's ego, Harbs image desires, and then play on the field...
    Don't agree. Oher is @ LT because Gaither is an unmotivated, lazy, but talented OT who "shot himself in the foot." If Gaither had worked with the team, and put in the required time and effort, IMO he would be the Ravens starting LT (with Oher @ RT). Why do you think Ozzie drafted Reid in round #3? It's because he couldn't trust Gaither to show up in football shape, that's physically and mentally... Bc