Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-a-Raven.html

That is a link to an article where Jared claims that he always wants to be a Raven. Yet, you claimed that the team wanted him back as well. While I also claimed that the team did not want him back. Why is Gaither not a Raven Sean? He wanted to be a Raven? Could it be that the team really did not want him back? He signed with Kansas City for less than a million. Couldn't the Ravens afford that? Why didn't they pay him?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bl...tml?mode=print

Here is a link to an article by Aaron Wilson where Gaither's agent, back in MARCH, claimed that Gaither was fully healed from the back injury, while Gaither himself claimed that he felt great.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    makes no sense.
    Glad to see you over here at 24x7, Sean. I remember that you've had some similar medical issues that have kept you out of action from time to time, even on the message boards, so I understand your passion.

A lot of things don't make sense... My wife still loves me, for instance, even after 23 years of marriage and a few more living in sin before that. At least she says she does. :D But that doesn't mean it makes sense. And where Drew Rosenhaus is involved... I personally think anything is possible, both ill and good. Making sense? Not so much when he's around, I suspect.

Bottom line, I hope Jared can get it together and perform well. I always liked him, warts and all. But then again, I cut a lot of slack for most people, even for those many would say deserve none.

Bang The Drum Slowly: "He was not a bad fellow, no worse than most and probably better than some, and not a bad ballplayer neither when they give him a chance, when they laid off him long enough. From here on in, I rag nobody.‎"

That's the way I was raised. I am at my best when I remember it and at my worst when I don't.

Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    It is now in it's 6th page and you've contributed several posts to it. So what exactly is your point? ... Bc
    I had one post until the fifth page. My point is, why do former Ravens players and coaches, spawn so many threads of disdain...it's amazing!

Blog Entries

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ight_loss.html

Here is a link to a entry where Gaither claims that he lost the weight to relieve the pain in his FOOT, but didn't expect to lose as much as he did.

How the hell did he even pass his physical?!
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    I had one post until the fifth page. My point is, why do former Ravens players and coaches, spawn so many threads of disdain...it's amazing!
    Simple, he has set the team back. He wanted LT money which is why he worked so hard in the off season to lose that weight. The coaches were not happy with his weight loss. If had dedicated himself to the team and become transparent there would not be ay thread, much less a 6 page one. No we have freakin Cousins and Jah Reid
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post

That is a link to an article where Jared claims that he always wants to be a Raven. Yet, you claimed that the team wanted him back as well. While I also claimed that the team did not want him back. Why is Gaither not a Raven Sean? He wanted to be a Raven? Could it be that the team really did not want him back? He signed with Kansas City for less than a million. Couldn't the Ravens afford that? Why didn't they pay him?

Injury, and money. You're right, Harbaugh expressed interest in Jared returning to baltimore. My guess is they didn't want to take the risk on someone with a long term, dicey injury. Mason, Heap, and Buddy Lee aren't on the team either...did the Ravens not trust them? Again, find me one link where any Raven coach, player, front office person claim that Jared was lazy, a head case, or anything but a hard worker.
    Tony and i have talked about this very issue. I'm not saying he's a liar, just misinformed. We both know how the other feels about this subject. I've had the same personal conversations with Ravor. i never said that there wasn't some merit to things being said. My point is most of this is junior high telephone, blown way out of porportion.
    Why would Hugh Jackson want him with the Raiders, if the rumors were true? He was an offensive coach here, he would know. He wasn't signed because his back couldn't pass the physical.
    The Chiefs took a flyer, hoping to get the guy back to health. They know they have a steal, if he can get the injury resolved. I hope for Jared's sake, they can fix the injury. The guy is just starting to enter his prime years in the NFL. It's not like our front office has been rocket scientist, when it comes to the O-line. JO fell in their laps at five, we have zero other o-lineman, pro bowlers. I love our front office, but they haven't built alot of confidence on the O side of the ball, besides running back, and tight end.
    This is a dead horse, i'm tired of beating. Lets see how it plays out. My guess is, if he can get healthy, he'll sign a mega deal next year. Bad timing, some his fault, but mostly bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Simple, he has set the team back. He wanted LT money which is why he worked so hard in the off season to lose that weight. The coaches were not happy with his weight loss. If had dedicated himself to the team and become transparent there would not be ay thread, much less a 6 page one. No we have freakin Cousins and Jah Reid
    All your opinion, and suicide in a contract year. Even Drew isn't that stupid. Jared was going to be the LT before the injury. They even had Kevin write in his blog before camp, that the LT position would be won on the field. The notion that he lost all that weight so they couldn't move him, is probably the most ludacris thing i've read on a MB ever. As i said to excel...dead horse. I'm off to find a Rex thread, or one of the many others laughing at our loyal ex-players for having the audacity to go to another team when low-balled.

Blog Entries

Where is the long term risk Sean? KC signed him to a one year deal. I posted a link to a piece written by Aaron Wilson, where Gaither claimed that he felt great and his agent said that he was 100%. The piece was written back in March. Were they lying?

Blog Entries

Here's the link to that one article Sean, for the second time.

Shortly after Harbaugh conducted an extensive conversation with Gaither’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes, Gaither confirmed that he planned to report for workouts.

Gaither, 24, said it doesn’t bother him that Harbaugh singled him out.

Why would he single out Gaither Sean?

Here's more from the article:

"I really believe Jared is going to be a premier offensive tackle in this league," Harbaugh said. "The thing we need him to do is to get up there and start working on it. I talked to Drew Rosenhaus and he tells me he’s getting Jared in shape. The last time I checked Drew Rosenhaus doesn’t coach the offensive line in the National Football League. Jared needs to be in our weight room with our players with our offensive line, becoming the player he can become. ..

“To think that you’re going to gain something by staying away, this is a team sport,” Harbaugh said. “Come in and be the very best you can be. As a coach and a general manager and an owner you look at that and you say, ‘That’s the kind of guy we want to have for the long term that we want to make a long-term investment because we can trust him and count on him to be there.’ The other thing is you kind of go, ‘Well, I don’t know. Is this the kind of guy we can trust and count on?’”

"I walked up to him and said, ‘Hey, we’re going to have a great offseason. You need to get bigger and stronger and therefore more durable,’" Harbaugh said. "And he was right on that. He absolutely was, ‘Coach, that’s what I’m going to do.’”

Blog Entries

How could Gaither pass KC's physical if he wasn't healthy, and why would he say that he felt great, back in March, if he really wasn't? Since Rosenhaus is no fool, why would he say that Gaither was 100%, back in March, if he really wasn't?