Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Well, now we know why Hue Jackson's crew did not bring him in for keeps.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Talking Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I saw the deal was only $685K. And to think we valued him as a second round pick.

I thought the veteran minimum was now $910K. Doesn't he qualify for the veteran min.?
    You are correct. The other $225K was to be paid out in cheese burgers and fries (to get him up to playing weight), plus massages for his bad back... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    For the record, that wasn't me who said it. (Maybe someone hacked my Twitter).

I'm willing to give Oher another year to settle in and see what happens at left tackle.

Here's my bet: Oher stays at left tackle, Yanda at right guard, and they sign a veteran to play right tackle. (if Cousins fails to show much at right guard they may cut him and sign a second veteran to play behind Yanda -- and perhaps start the season at center).

I think Ozzie is just waiting another couple weeks for roster cut downs and he'll pounce on a veteran or two.
    Good bet.

PP

Blog Entries

Oher did not play terribly last year. If my memory has not betrayed me, the Ravens did not give up any sacks against the Steelers in the first game last season. Oher later began dealing with a knee issue. It was only his first year at LT. Gaither's first year at LT was not spectacular either. The Ravens went to max protection several times that year, against the tougher defenses they faced.

Oher's early success at RT is working against him. Now, people are skeptical as to whether or not he can improve at LT. I believe he can and will.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Oher's early success at RT is working against him. Now, people are skeptical as to whether or not he can improve at LT. I believe he can and will.
    Ex, IMO moving a player from his dominant position (Oher = RT, Yanda = RG) to another to cover a deficiency does downgrade the OLine as a whole. Oher's early success works FOR him if he continues to play @ RT. It's not his fault that Gaither has his "problems", and he had to move over to cover LT. Same as Yanda had to move to his right to cover RT, when Oher was transferred. Personally, I do not believe that Oher can be the Pro Bowl player he could be @ RT. IMO the Ravens need a sufficient LT to make this OLine it's strongest... Bc

I love that we have a thread about a former player, that is five pages long. He got a one year, min vet deal because of his injury, not rumors from bad past behavior. If the rumors were true, the first guy going after him, wouldn't be his former Ravens coach, who knows him. He let him go, because of the injury, nothing else. He even said he would like to revisit it, once the injury was healed. You guys think what you want though.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    ...and he looked like this, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

Oh Noooooooooooooooooo

Gaither ate Terrance Cody :)

Fava beans anyone?
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

What happened to this guy?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

It's the same guy, different angle. If he was fat, it would show in his face...he looks the same as always.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    It's the same guy, different angle. If he was fat, it would show in his face...he looks the same as always.
    Actually, I took this pic last year when he came in looking like a TE. He apparently had lost all of that weight w/o permission

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Actually, I took this pic last year when he came in looking like a TE. He apparently had lost all of that weight w/o permission
    He lost the weight because of the back injury. You're right, the Ravens didn't give him permission to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    He lost the weight because of the back injury. You're right, the Ravens didn't give him permission to get hurt.
    Your timeline is way off. This obviously is a camp photo. He came into camp very light. Then he got hurt. Always happy to help