Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ok bury your head in the sand and pretend they are not connected, but they are 100% intertwined. You wouldn't read my complaints nearly as much if the line play did not drop precipitously upon Gaither leaving the lineup.
    Dude, if anyone is in denial, it's you and your continued insistency that the decision had anything to do with Oher. Oher did provide them with an alternative, but only if Gaither failed to do what they expected and hoped of him. Had Gaither done what he, HIMSELF, acknowledged he needed to do, none of this would have ever been an issue.

But, he couldn't and didn't, and he proved to them that he was exactly what they had learned he was and that he wasn't going to change.

Sorry, but that's on him, and him only.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Wait, so now Michael Oher is a bust?

Because if we are saying Oher isn't a suitable replacement for Gaither, considering again the FACT that Oher was a left tackle in college (which is still being ignored here), then as a first round pick taking over for a supplemental development pick, we are basically saying he is a bust.

Is that where we are?

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Gaither's hissy fit began the first day of minicamp when Harbs played Oher 100% Lt and Gaither 100% RT. That night Harbs commented the move was "potentially permanent" and the very next day, just a couple of snaps in, Gaither hurts his foot. He then lost 20 pounds came to camp and hurt his back almost immediately.

So in short, I blame the precipitous drop of our Oline play on that decision and the manner in which his coach handled it with the media, which led to Gaither being an immature, lazy POS.

It's easy to lay all of the blame on Gaither for not being a fighter, and I see that point. I simply am one of very few that spreads some blame to the coaching staff for making a decision in their minds during the offseason instead of on the field in camp. I also, personally see plenty of fault in their evaluation regarding those two players. Trust me, I understand Gaither gets the lions share of the blame, but that doesn't excuse the way that the castle handled the whole scenario.

Oher could turn around and perhaps be an average LT, but I don;t see it happenning. He should be a probowl RT instead. Like he was, before they messed with all of this.

IF is the biggest word in the english language, but I feel that IF that fateful day never happenned in mini-camps(with the presser later) then we would likely have had a healhty motivated Gaither last year, and he would likely be re-signed here again.
    It's easy to lay the blame at Gaither's feet because that's where it belongs.

It's really quite that simple.

You are SEVERELY underestimating just how poor his work ethic and attitude were and most likely continue to be.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 08-19-2011 at 05:51 PM.

I can't believe anyone is talking about this anymore. The dude hasn't been a factor here for over 24 months. Get over it.

Blog Entries

wish him well, time to move on

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Wait, so now Michael Oher is a bust?

Because if we are saying Oher isn't a suitable replacement for Gaither, considering again the FACT that Oher was a left tackle in college (which is still being ignored here), then as a first round pick taking over for a supplemental development pick, we are basically saying he is a bust.

Is that where we are?
    I don't care where he played in college. In the pro's he's much more suited for RT, going against the strong side ends instead of the smaller faster guys.

I would not lump him in with Jamarcus Russell, no. Bust is too strong for a very good-great RT, late int he first round. I would say he failed to live up to expectations if he was drafted to be a franchise LT. The bust word would come into the equation had he been a top 5 pick like Gallery.

I believe it was Pat Kirwan, commenting after Oher's great season at RT in 09, that if the draft were done over, he would have gone number one overall. After a season at LT, if the draft were done all over, I think he would be selected around where he was. I would think that Vollmer at least would get selected ahead of him at OT, in what has turned out to be a weak class of tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I think Haley is an asshole, so part of me is happy that he's got these fools to work with. Remember it was Haley who pissed off Anquan Boldin in Arizona and the media ended up calling Boldin a spoiled brat. I always felt it was Haley who deserved the criticism. Haley is that nine-year old pitcher who gives up six runs in an inning and then throws his glove on the mound when the coach comes to take him out.
    Anyone catch Haley at the end of the Ravens game? See what I mean now? Crying over the Ravens trying to get extra work for their fourth string players because he doesn't like losing. He's a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Anyone catch Haley at the end of the Ravens game? See what I mean now? Crying over the Ravens trying to get extra work for their fourth string players because he doesn't like losing. He's a dick.
    lol.

yes, yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    ...and he looked like this, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

First thing that comes to mind........Richard Simmons

The thread has run it's course I think.

It's going where it belongs, NON-RAVENS FOOTBALL. Gaither is not a Raven anymore.

Blog Entries

You cant go thru life fat, drunk and stupid son.

Gaither just did.