Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 LastLast
    The part that I find most amusing is that Jon spent all last offseason and season telling people who think Oher is the better option at LT that they were kool-aid drinking, Sandra Bullock enchanted idiots.

Meanwhile, jonboy is carrying a torch for Gaither that makes the Lighthouse of Alexandria look like a matchstick.

It's Harbaugh's fault that Gaither threw a babyish temper tantrum when presented with a little offseason competition. It's Ozzie's fault Gaither screwed up his body to the point that only KC was willing to take a 1 year vet flier on him. I'm sure it's Sandra Bullock's fault too.

It doesn't take a football genius to know that while Oher is only a an average LT at best right now, when one looks around the league, it's clear ALL of the teams view Gaither as a subpar right tackle.

But I'm sure that's Harb's fault too.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The part that I find most amusing is that Jon spent all last offseason and season telling people who think Oher is the better option at LT that they were kool-aid drinking, Sandra Bullock enchanted idiots.

Meanwhile, jonboy is carrying a torch for Gaither that makes the Lighthouse of Alexandria look like a matchstick.

It's Harbaugh's fault that Gaither threw a babyish temper tantrum when presented with a little offseason competition. It's Ozzie's fault Gaither screwed up his body to the point that only KC was willing to take a 1 year vet flier on him. I'm sure it's Sandra Bullock's fault too.
    There was no competition.

And Oher has been a disappointment at LT.

Both of those are FACTS.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    There was no competition.

And Oher has been a disappointment at LT.

Both of those are FACTS.
    No. One is your interpretation of a press room soundbyte.

The other is a fact that is offset by the MASSIVE disappointment that is Jared Gaither.

No matter how bad Oher plays, he will absolutely outplay Jared Gaither this year, and based on Gaither's attitude and work ethic, for their careers.

I'll take a motivated C+ caliber Left Tackel over a slovenly, uninterested B+ LT any day of the week.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

A thought experiment. If both Jared Gaither and Michael Oher were released tomorrow, who would get signed first and who would get more money?

A thought experiment. If both Jared Gaither and Michael Oher were released tomorrow, who would get signed first and who would get more money?
    Gaither ....

.... to a slim fast ad campaign

So in short, I blame the precipitous drop of our Oline play on that decision and the manner in which his coach handled it with the media, which led to Gaither being an immature, lazy POS.
    News flash. Gaither was already an immature, lazy POS before he was drafted. When he didn't get his way, he just let his inner child come out in all its glory.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Obviously Oher.

Gaither just had to fight through his reputation to get a try-me deal.

Prior to this offseason I was out of the loop as far as how far gone his reputation was. Despite what stinger thinks, that does not equal any sort of connection to his play on the field. It coorelates the the likelyhood that teams feel that he will BE ON THE FIELD.

And there was absolutely, in NO WAY a competition for the LT spot. It was HANDED over. that is NOT an interpretation, it is a FACT.

Gaither might get signed first, but Oher would get the big money. However, I think Oher would be signed as a RT.

I'd rather have someone better than Oher at LT, but Gaither is NOT that someone.

His reputation?!?!?!

He created his reputation. How was he fighting through something he created in college?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    News flash. Gaither was already an immature, lazy POS before he was drafted. When he didn't get his way, he just let his inner child come out in all its glory.
    Agreed, and that was an inner-child known to the Kings of the castle prior to the move.

The same damn thing happenned at MD.

The definition of insanity is expecting different results from the same conditions.

Agreed, and that was an inner-child known to the Kings of the castle prior to the move.

The definition of insanity is expecting different results from the same conditions.
    I don't think it's too much to expect that a guy who wants to be paid millions of dollars should grow up a little. Last year was his chance to audition for the big contract, and he screwed the pooch.

Which is probably why he was a supplimental draft pick and not a first rounder. But of course fact continues to be irrelevant in all this. Gaither's problems weren't caused by Gaither of course. It was everyone else.

Jon, let's just blame it on Kyle Boller and let's get this over with, shall we?