Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegosean View Post
    He lost the weight because of the back injury. You're right, the Ravens didn't give him permission to get hurt.
    HUH???

Ok when did said back injury happen? And when did said weight loss happen?

HINT.... The loss was first.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    HUH???

Ok when did said back injury happen? And when did said weight loss happen?

HINT.... The loss was first.
    He hurt his back in the Patriots game...you know the one where he left on a stretcher. Back injuries are very tricky, to those who have them. More amazing was how quickly he came back from that devestaing collision, to help his teammates to the playoffs. Kinda like the year before, when he played with one arm.

Can we please get a crickets icon?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

You guys think what you want though.
    I'm gonna go back there, Sean, even though I know you are passionate in your defense of Gaither. The dude lost all that weight first and then hurt his back. I am still convinced Rosenhaus had a master plan to coerce the Ravens into playing Gaither at LT, and that plan "backfired" figuratively, literally and physically. I used to question whether or not his back was actually injured, but I believe now that it truly was - and I also believe his unsupervised weight loss contributed to the injury.

Looking at his Chiefs TC pic, though, I gotta say, that tummy blubber does not look that pronounced to me.

He hurt his back in the Patriots game...you know the one where he left on a stretcher. Back injuries are very tricky, to those who have them.
    Ravens starting LT Jared Gaither was carted off with a neck injury that appeared very serious at the time, and ended up keeping him out several weeks. Do I have the wrong game?

While a neck injury could be related to a back injury, his back injury was reported to be a muscle tear, I thought. So not likely related to his injury in this game. Is it not thought to have been a muscle tear anymore?
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 08-17-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Maybe if the man kept himself in shape, he wouldn't get hurt so freaking much. Did anyone ever think about that Sean?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Ravens starting LT Jared Gaither was carted off with a neck injury that appeared very serious at the time, and ended up keeping him out several weeks. Do I have the wrong game?

While a neck injury could be related to a back injury, his back injury was reported to be a muscle tear, I thought. So not likely related to his injury in the playoff game. Is it not thought to have been a a muscle tear anymore?
    Hey mael,what's up? Haven't seen you in a while. According to Jared, it's the same play that he injured his back on. They were most concerned about the neck at the time. That stuff is so connected, that over-compensating one injury, makes another worse. I don't get where the rumor came from, that he thought it was smart to lose 40lbs in a walk year?...makes no sense.

Blog Entries

So, Jared claims that he injured the back during the Patriots game, early during the 2009 season, but no issues were found with the back until after training camp of 2010, when it was deemed a thoradic disc injury?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    So, Jared claims that he injured the back during the Patriots game, early during the 2009 season, but no issues were found with the back until after training camp of 2010, when it was deemed a thoradic disc injury?
    Yes, and doctors have agreed. Speaking from experience, lacrosse, and a car accident, back injuries can flare out of nowhere. I know that's not the answer you want excel, but it's the truth.

Blog Entries

By the way, if the back was really the issue the entire time, why didn't Gaither keep the team more informed during the previous off-season, between the end of the season and mini-camp, when Aaron Wilson reported that Gaither wasn't even in the shape that he was in previous years?

Tony Lombardi has apparently made a claim that Gaither was late to team sessions, particularly weight lifting sessions. Are you saying that he is a liar, since all of these 'rumors' are unsubstantiated?

Look at that picture Sean. The man barely has any legs. What lower body strength does he have?

If Hue Jackson's group did not bring him in due to the injury, why did KC bring him in less than a month later? Has the injury, that has apparently plagued him since the first New England game in 2009, that cost him a contract with Oakland less than a month ago, healed that fast?

By the way, both Jared and his agent (Drew Rosenhaus), months ago, claimed that Gaither was healthy and ready to play LT. Are they lying as well, since you say that Oakland did not sign him due to the injury?

Blog Entries

Question Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

I love that we have a thread about a former player, that is five pages long...
    It is now in it's 6th page and you've contributed several posts to it. So what exactly is your point? ... Bc

It's incredible. The guy does everything the wrong way and because he had a pretty decent couple of seasons in 08 and 09 some fans can't get it through their heads that his productive years were the flukes and last season and this offseason are indicative of his true character.

He's a reasonably talented bum. We got the most out of him we could then cut ties. Good riddance.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron