Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 194
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In a van down by the rivah
    Posts
    760

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...



    *fade in from black*

    ANNOUNCER: In a world… where no one will protect you…

    *rapid-fire video montage of Joe Flacco and Matt Cassel being repeatedly and violently sacked*

    Friday…

    *ominous music plays*

    August 19...

    *sound of hammer and anvil*

    The Baltimore Ravens visit the Kansas City Chiefs...

    *sound of football pads colliding at high speed*

    Two warriors…

    *more ominous music*

    Gaither

    versus

    Cousins

    *sound of distant screams, horror-movie-style*

    Two men enter…

    One man leaves…

    Well, I mean if he feels like it, and isn't busy or something…

    *sound of football players tackling, grunting*

    On the gridiron it's lack of talent versus lack of work ethic…

    *sound of an X-box video game*

    *still shot of Gaither standing around with his belly hanging out of his shirt*

    *still shot of Cousins fighting with his own teammates*

    *fade to black*

    *sound of frightened little boy asking, "Mommy, are bad offensive tackles real?"

    FRIDAY. NIGHT. FOOTBALL.




  2. #38

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Not defending Gaither's profile here, but sometimes a photo angle can be deceiving.

    Plus, when's the last time you saw an O-lineman with a skinny waist and six-pack abs?
    Ummm, last year, same player, same reaction.

    He is simply HATED by the average Baltimore fan. It doesn't matter what he does, it's wrong.
    He's skinny, and the fans complain he sat on his ass, and that his frame would require him to work hard to stay at 340 or higher.
    This year, he's back up to ideal playing weight, and the jealous Ravens fans call him fat....

    It's pretty humorous sour grapes. Wait until he plays well against us this week, the board as a whole will find a way to slam him down, even if he grossly outperforms Quentin Aaron.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,139
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Seriously, where are his legs, because I do not see legs. I see twigs.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Really?

    Where?

    Seems to me I referred to him as:



    ...in a Grapevine piece titled: One Man's Trash is Another's Treasure
    I'm guessing he was referring to the article where you said the Ravens should bring Gaither back AFTER Week 1.

    Even then, your thought was "if Gaither's salary isn't guaranteed, there's no risk in giving him a 2nd chance".
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall, MD
    Posts
    15,906

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm guessing he was referring to the article where you said the Ravens should bring Gaither back AFTER Week 1.

    Even then, your thought was "if Gaither's salary isn't guaranteed, there's no risk in giving him a 2nd chance".
    Ok...that makes sense....they still might get that chance but after seeing this, I'm not sure that's even worth it.

    I was wrrrrr

    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fredneck, MD
    Posts
    355

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    *fade in from black*

    ANNOUNCER: In a world… where no one will protect you…

    *rapid-fire video montage of Joe Flacco and Matt Cassel being repeatedly and violently sacked*

    Friday…

    *ominous music plays*

    August 19...

    *sound of hammer and anvil*

    The Baltimore Ravens visit the Kansas City Chiefs...

    *sound of football pads colliding at high speed*

    Two warriors…

    *more ominous music*

    Gaither

    versus

    Cousins

    *sound of distant screams, horror-movie-style*

    Two men enter…

    One man leaves…

    Well, I mean if he feels like it, and isn't busy or something…

    *sound of football players tackling, grunting*

    On the gridiron it's lack of talent versus lack of work ethic…

    *sound of an X-box video game*

    *still shot of Gaither standing around with his belly hanging out of his shirt*

    *still shot of Cousins fighting with his own teammates*

    *fade to black*

    *sound of frightened little boy asking, "Mommy, are bad offensive tackles real?"

    FRIDAY. NIGHT. FOOTBALL.
    Dude you have way too much time on your hand, but that was hilarious!




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,117

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    I guess I'm not using enough smileys/emoticons!

    Honestly, I don't hate Gaither, I don't think he's fat, I don't know what his true issues were/are, I just want a guy who can play well on the O-line at one of the tackles. In fact, there was another thread discussing Gaither where I posted that maybe we'll get to learn the real truth behind all of the stories, rumors, innuendo and whatever that surround the guy. If his timing of a bad back and mysterious spasms coincides with training camp and/or contract negotiations, that makes me wonder about certain things. But if he couldn't pass a physical by an NFL franchise's team, that makes me ask other certain questions. If he's barely able to walk/practice with the Ravens, then becomes Jim Parker with the Chefs, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what's going on.

    I'd just be interested to know what's what with Gaither.




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Who here "hates" Gaither?!?!

    Or is this one of those times if you criticize someone, you're labeled a hater?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fredneck, MD
    Posts
    355

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ummm, last year, same player, same reaction.

    He is simply HATED by the average Baltimore fan. It doesn't matter what he does, it's wrong.
    He's skinny, and the fans complain he sat on his ass, and that his frame would require him to work hard to stay at 340 or higher.
    This year, he's back up to ideal playing weight, and the jealous Ravens fans call him fat....

    It's pretty humorous sour grapes. Wait until he plays well against us this week, the board as a whole will find a way to slam him down, even if he grossly outperforms Quentin Aaron.
    Sorry but I have to disagree with you. I don't care whether he wears a Ravens jersey or not. A bum is a bum. I thought Jamarcus Russel was going to be a stud for the Ravens but once he started to make that long slide into meathead-dom he is fair game and I criticized him. I thought Michael Vick would never be anything more than a one trick pony but I am happy to say I was wrong. He has learned to play the position of QB and use more than his legs and is a blast to watch. I don't care what team a stud plays for, I love football and if you have talent I will watch. It is a damned shame about Jared because the guy has the potential to be a stud. I think it is incredible to watch a huge LT swallow up Freeny, Harrison, Allen, or even Suggs. It amazes me and if Jared ever gets his shit together I will enjoy watching him do it




  10. #46

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who here "hates" Gaither?!?!

    Or is this one of those times if you criticize someone, you're labeled a hater?
    First, to the post above this, I would be very curious to hear the whole truth behind the Gaither fiasco. It is an onion with many, many layers I'm sure.

    Onto this post, hater is being thrown around in an internet bully way. No one probably HATES the guy to the point where they are actually trying to take food off the man's table. I will give you that.

    But the entire board and Ravens fandom to a much lesser extent, is so hell bent on being pro-Oher and anti-Gaither that it has become silly. It's a mad rush toi judge against Gaither, and make excuses for Quentin Aaron's shortcomings.

    The only thing I really know or care about, was that on Sundays, when they both suited up, there was no comparison who the better player was. Yet that never seemed to matter to anyone else(FO , coaching staff included).


    Wouldn't it be amazing if we had someone in house so that Oher could start at RT and possibly be the best in the league there, while also being the very best backuop LT in football? To have two affordable LT's under 25, both on the rise? In March and April of last year it seemed very attainable. Now I never see a situation that good in Baltimore ever again. A lot went on in between, including Jared acting like an infant, but it was positively a two way street that is not recognized by most.


    Put simply, wasn't EVERYONE complaining about Gaither weighing 20 pounds under known ideal playing weight? So what is the problem when a lineman gets back to that weight with some slop before camp? These guys are GOING to drop weight once the practices begin. He will trim down, he has no choice.
    I understand it would have been better for him to go to the gym and pack 20 on the right way, but there are very few linemen in the league that trim and disciplined. It's also to the point that shear mass was a step in the right direction for Jared, adding weight of any kind would both help him anchor in pass pro and exert more force in the running game.

    I know he's not Mother Teresa but give him a little bt of a break. We don't know what ever was up with his back, and he may have turned over a new leaf or six with the change of scenery.

    In this case, you can't have both sides of the coin. Many of you calling him fat were the same people complaining about the weight drp[ last year. You can pick one, not both.




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,394

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    First, to the post above this, I would be very curious to hear the whole truth behind the Gaither fiasco. It is an onion with many, many layers I'm sure.

    Onto this post, hater is being thrown around in an internet bully way. No one probably HATES the guy to the point where they are actually trying to take food off the man's table. I will give you that.

    But the entire board and Ravens fandom to a much lesser extent, is so hell bent on being pro-Oher and anti-Gaither that it has become silly ....
    ... and here is where I stopped reading.

    This board has been brutally honest with BOTH Gaither and Oher so I am not sure you can make that claim hold water.

    As to Gaither, a modest review of news articles and scouting reports of him coming out of college state he's lazy, a malcontent, etc. Nothing he has done in the pros counters that observation that has been made by dozens of people.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #48

    Re: If Gaither showed up to practice...

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    ... and here is where I stopped reading.

    This board has been brutally honest with BOTH Gaither and Oher so I am not sure you can make that claim hold water.

    As to Gaither, a modest review of news articles and scouting reports of him coming out of college state he's lazy, a malcontent, etc. Nothing he has done in the pros counters that observation that has been made by dozens of people.
    I don't disagree at all, I just don't care since he' was the best LT on the team by a fair margin, and not treated as such.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland