1- Boldin
    2. Evans
    3. Reed
    4. Smith
    5. Doss
    6. Williams

Blog Entries

Re: WR's- Who makes the cut?

And I wonder just how much special teams will be discounted this year.
    I'm not saying ST isn't important.... just with the KO marker change, there will be more touchbacks, so team impact of ST will be less (but still important).
    Now how much that figures into the final cut(s) If it comes down to Williams or MSmith how much more of an edge does MSmith now need? I don't think it is quite as cut and dried this year. Combine 40 results have both running 4.5ish, have to watch LaQuan on special teams to see if he sheds blocks and reaches the ball.

I'm with CodyPKA but leaning to Williams feeling he has a lesser bubble than Marcus.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

I think the top 5 are pretty set in stone.

Boldin
    Evans
    Reed
    Smith
    Doss

I think they'll carry a 6th receiver and that's where it gets interesting.

Honestly, I think it'll be between LaQuan Williams and Marcus Smith. Both are really good ST'ers, but Williams has shown the ability to contribute as a receiver. Significantly more than what Marcus Smith has. So, I think Williams gets the nod over M. Smith at this point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
    1- Boldin
    2. Evans
    3. Reed
    4. Smith
    5. Doss
    6. Williams
    This

Agree in general with prevailing thoughts above as to who will/won't make the final roster.

Unless an amazing turnaround happens, I see the Ravens finally showing Justin Harper the door. Marcus Smith certainly seems to be on the bubble, but has a better chance than Harper.

One wild card that always lurks nearby -- potential injuries. Much as we hate to consider the prospect, it's the sort of thing that often yields a roster spot for a bubble player. A lot can happen in a couple of preseason games.

Boldin, Evans, T. Smith, Reed, Doss are set. Marcus Smith is gonna get the nod, simply because Williams is practice squad eligible.

Blog Entries

1- Boldin
    2. Evans
    3. Reed
    4. Smith
    5. Doss
    6. Williams

Agree with the group, just slightly differ on the order.

1- Boldin
    2. Evans
    3. Doss
    4. Reed
    5. Smith
    6. Williams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post

One wild card that always lurks nearby -- potential injuries. Much as we hate to consider the prospect, it's the sort of thing that often yields a roster spot for a bubble player. A lot can happen in a couple of preseason games.
    no doubt. [fingers crossed]

Blog Entries

Marcus Smith and Justin Harper may have run out of chances. If they carry six receivers, the sixth could be La'Quan Williams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

1- Boldin
    2. Evans
    3. Reed
    4. Smith
    5. Doss
    6. Williams

That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    Boldin, Evans, T. Smith, Reed, Doss are set. Marcus Smith is gonna get the nod, simply because Williams is practice squad eligible.
    I think this may be the thinking inside the castle, although LaQuan Williams is the cheaper of the two players. With a salary cap, that isn't something that is dismissed out of hand. If it goes like that, Marcus Smith is surely gone by next year, so why keep him now?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the top 5 are pretty set in stone.

Boldin
    Evans
    Reed
    Smith
    Doss

I think they'll carry a 6th receiver and that's where it gets interesting.

Honestly, I think it'll be between LaQuan Williams and Marcus Smith. Both are really good ST'ers, but Williams has shown the ability to contribute as a receiver. Significantly more than what Marcus Smith has. So, I think Williams gets the nod over M. Smith at this point.
    Barring a health issue regarding one of the top 5, I really don't see them carry 6 WRs. In fact, historically, they've rarely carried 6 WRs and only did so last year because Stallworth was going to miss the first 6 or so weeks.

The only way Williams or Smith make the team is for ST, but they aren't going to be carry 6 active WRs on a weekly basis. So, that 6th guy isn't likely to be active ever anyway - and I doubt they deactivate any of the others.

As such, I have a feeling that they will need to use one of those last roster spots on a position that requires greater depth than WR (again, barring injury issues at WR).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap