Blog Entries

OT - Plaxico out with an ankle injury...

Apparently he hasn't practiced fully at all yet.

Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that they let 3 of their top 4 receivers go, signed a guy who hasn't played in 2-3 years, and signed a 37 year old receiver as their top guys...and now one of them might be out for a while and hasn't even participated in a full practice.

I'm sorry, but I get the feeling that the Jets' eyes may have been bigger than what their stomachs actually are. I'm sure they'll still be a good team...but their big free agent signing has been in the trainer's office more than on the field and that's not good when you consider how long it's been since he's really played.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

2. Re: OT - Plaxico out with an ankle injury...

Santonio Holmes is good but he isn't a one man show type of receiver. I guess they still have Keller who put up pretty much the same numbers as Heap did last season. A little better. The Jets running game looks pretty lame too. Tomlinson wasn't carrying them down the stretch like he carried them a good part of last season when they were winning all of those games at the very end. Their schedule is tough. NFC East, two west coast trips, and they don't get all their toughest games at home like last year.

The Jets notable tough games as I see them:

- Season opener against Dallas. At home, but still a tough game
    - Week 4 at Baltimore
    - Week 5 at New England
    - Week 11 at Denver

A brutal final four games

- KC at home
    - at Philly
    - Giants at home (Maybe becomes like another road game. I don't know)
    - at Miami

Re: OT - Plaxico out with an ankle injury...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that they let 3 of their top 4 receivers go, signed a guy who hasn't played in 2-3 years, and signed a 37 year old receiver as their top guys...and now one of them might be out for a while and hasn't even participated in a full practice.

I'm sorry, but I get the feeling that the Jets' eyes may have been bigger than what their stomachs actually are. I'm sure they'll still be a good team...but their big free agent signing has been in the trainer's office more than on the field and that's not good when you consider how long it's been since he's really played.
    I am in total agreement. Rex Ryan has an almost freakish fascination with big names. The Jets are going to be an OK team this year because their defense will still be good, but--and pardon the pun--they will be coming back down to earth.

Mace is great but he's an old malcontent possession guy. Plax was a risk--they chose to view him as the Plax of old when in reality he hadn't played football in two years and is 34 years old. LT's a year older and I think they released the guy behind him. Gone will be the unbelievably lucky/clutchy plays from Brad Smith/Cotchery/Braylon to bail Sanchez out.

Not to mention the Pats are dying to crush them and probably will. They smell 9-7 to me.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Don't tell me....he strapped a gun to his leg.....forgot about it.....went to a club and accidentally shot himself?

5. Re: OT - Plaxico out with an ankle injury...

When Vick got out of the pokey he didn't play right away. QB is a different animal of course but you have to believe Burress injured as soon as he steps on the field is because he's been making license plates for three years and just lifting weights with the boys in the yard. Jamal Lewis sucked too when he got out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Couple that with the fact that LT is bound to come back to earth this season (as he was at the end of last year) and I imagine this will be a long season for Sanchez.

Blog Entries

he has a bad history of lower leg injuries and rarely practices during the season. not sure how they thought a couple years older would make that better.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Its Called Karma folks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I am in total agreement. Rex Ryan has an almost freakish fascination with big names. The Jets are going to be an OK team this year because their defense will still be good, but--and pardon the pun--they will be coming back down to earth.

Mace is great but he's an old malcontent possession guy. Plax was a risk--they chose to view him as the Plax of old when in reality he hadn't played football in two years and is 34 years old. LT's a year older and I think they released the guy behind him. Gone will be the unbelievably lucky/clutchy plays from Brad Smith/Cotchery/Braylon to bail Sanchez out.

Not to mention the Pats are dying to crush them and probably will. They smell 9-7 to me.
    Not only that but one of the reasons Derrick took less money from the Jets was because "reportedly" Rex would allow him to travel to Nashville to be with his family on a regular basis. So I am assuming he's going to be missing some practice. A new QB, new offense, how effective will Mason really be without having to attend all the teams practices?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    When Vick got out of the pokey he didn't play right away. QB is a different animal of course but you have to believe Burress injured as soon as he steps on the field is because he's been making license plates for three years and just lifting weights with the boys in the yard. Jamal Lewis sucked too when he got out of jail.
    O'Neill Cousins must have done a long stretch in the joint, too. That has to be it.;)

Blog Entries

They might as well have signed Randy Moss for all of that trouble.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore