Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Salute to Ravens Fans - CALL FOR ENTRIES

Attention Ravens Nation:

I am a contributing writer on BaltimoreRavens.com and will be doing a story for the 2007 Baltimore Ravens Yearbook saluting the fans of the purple and black. In order to pay homage to the most deserving and dedicated fans amongst you, I am asking for your help.

I ask that if you know of a fan that truly deserves to be part of our tribute, whether it be based on their years of devotion, their game-day rituals, or their ever lasting love of Baltimore football, please send me their story so that they can be considered for this special section.

Time is running out. Please send suggestions to ravensblogger@gmail.com, or post a comment to this topic, by midnight Friday, May 11th.

Thank you in advance for your support and don't forget to pick up a copy of the 2007 yearbook this fall to see who made the cut.

Re: Salute to Ravens Fans - CALL FOR ENTRIES

Who is the guy with the beads? That guy is money

Also capt defense is a cool character. I've high fived him a few times walking into the staduim. He also is out talking to the fans during the pregame by the 5 or 10 yard line where Ray warms up.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I second a Captain Defense nomination. I seem to run into him before just about every game I go to. He always has kinda words for Ravens fans, and semi-threating words for visitors. I love his attitude about our team. If I'm feeling despondent about the team, one look at him fires me right back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Who is the guy with the beads? That guy is money

Also capt defense is a cool character. I've high fived him a few times walking into the staduim. He also is out talking to the fans during the pregame by the 5 or 10 yard line where Ray warms up.
    The guy with the beads is Sports Steve and a poster on this board. He's in my Ravens Roost (#18) also. Haven't seen him post here in awhile and he's doing his thing with the Blackbirds now as well.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    The guy with the beads is Sports Steve and a poster on this board. He's in my Ravens Roost (#18) also. Haven't seen him post here in awhile and he's doing his thing with the Blackbirds now as well.
    I'm here and have been posting from time to time. Just been reading a lot of post lately.

Sports Steve

Why is it that no one thinks of me?
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I second a Captain Defense nomination. I seem to run into him before just about every game I go to. He always has kinda words for Ravens fans, and semi-threating words for visitors. I love his attitude about our team. If I'm feeling despondent about the team, one look at him fires me right back up again.
    He sits up in my Section...513. I give him props too.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I'm here and have been posting from time to time. Just been reading a lot of post lately.

Sports Steve

sorry about that Steve. I do way more reading than posting myself.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Any group of fans that fly over the Atlantic for a four day stay to watch the Ravens pummel the Raiders then go home must be completely bonkers, and those that made them feel so welcome over the weekend are clearly fans of the highest calibre. :D

I say the same thing I said at the scout board, Crowdog, MistaT, and Sports Steve. I don't really know any outside the message board, but what I know from them on the boards is that they fit the description...

their years of devotion, their game-day rituals, or their ever lasting love of Baltimore football,
    perfectly.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

How about a man that travels from the Wake Forest area of North Carolina for every game and travels to at least one away game every year. That sounds pretty dedicated huh.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Also Fanman - the guy with the bus.

For the Steelers game last year he had a Roethlisberger dummy spread across the hood of the bus. That takes time and effort!