Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
  1. Re: Post Game Reactions

Late to the dance, but i enjoyed reading all the great comments. Here's my 2 favs lol

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    We need O-line help about a million times more than we need a new WR. If there's no time to throw, it doesn't matter if we sign Jerry Rice in his prime.
    and

Originally posted by GOTA
    No surprises this game. If anything it met expectations. All those holes had been talked about for weeks and need to be filled by players who are not currently on the roster.
    I actually felt the play was less sloppy then what I expected, but still sloppy. ;) The D showed improvement on the pass rush, but missed tackles allowed Philly to continue drives that should have ended in their backfield.

We need help from outside on the OL RIGHT NOW. Gota is right, The guys we need are not here yet.

I thought our back-up QB did a courageous job for a rook in his first NFL game and almost got us a tie or possibly a win in the last 2 minutes. Besides that i pray fervently that he doesn't see any real action.

The Ravens actually called a couple quick slants and Flacco released quickly and cleanly. That was encouraging so long as they continue it.

No kick-off returns all year is really going to suck.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Post Game Reactions

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the coaches saw the same game we saw so I gotta believe they're making plans. Oher looked completely awful too IMO. He just wasn't giving any effort.
    I can imagine some of the guys definitely got into his ear after the game. I can't even imagine how Harbaugh was in the locker room after that game. You know he won't take shit play or poor effort from anyone. I expect Oher to play a lot better as the pre-season goes on.

this is what I saw from the front row of the upper deck last night:

Excellent- Kruger, Laquan Williams, Pollard
    Good- Jones, Ellerbe, Doss, Pitta, Parmele
    Bad- Oher, McClain, Berry (YOU GOTTA CATCH THAT!), Taylor
    Awful- Cousins

I honestly think if we were to cut Cousins tomorrow not a single team in the NFL would be the least bit interested in signing him. How on earth he has a job in this league blows my mind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    come on guys, this team will need cousins. .....
    What about nieces, aunts, and uncles? :D ... Bc

Reaction to the players I watch closely last night:

Paul Kruger: Word out of camp is that he was looking much improved. Obviously this was affirmed by his play last night. He was all around the ball and the sack on Young was a thing of beauty. I think he could be a big contributor this year.

Sergio Kindle: CRUSHES the look test. The man is huge. And he definitely looked solid. A year after a lot of people thought his career in football was over, its looking like he has a lot of promise.

Torrey Smith: I'm not as high on Lee Evans as most around here, but the trade needed to happen after Torrey's performance last night.

Art Jones: Jon Jones said Art is the best athlete in the family (high praise) and Art definitely displayed some of that last night. He has fantastic explosiveness for a man that enormous. Wouldn't have minded seeing him wrap up Brown for a loss on that one play, but he still looked very good and I wouldn't be surprised to see him overtake Cory Redding as the starter as the season goes on.

Jah Reid: Didn't watch the second half so I didn't see much of Jah. But I was very disappointed to hear that he looked slow and in general overmatched. I'm optimistic about his potential, but we should definitely bring in a vet RT for, at the minimum, insurance purposes, because if Reid continues to falter, Cousins obviously isn't an option.

Bernard Pollard. Playmaker. Forced some intentional grounding with fantastic pressure on Young. Then, on top of the pick, he notched two pass deflections (the secondary in total notched three). I like him way better than Landry already.

Blog Entries

Kruger : Back to 265 lbs, and playing like he did @ UTAH (OLB/DE). Don't know why the Ravens wanted him to add 20 lbs and play the DLine(?) Let the man do what he does best.

T. Smith/Evans : Way too early to tell about Torrey, but Evans can help his development by taking the pressure off this talented young WR. AND I see Evans contributing in a BIG way to the Ravens 4th playoff in a row.

Jah Reid : IMO will (pleasantly) surprise and win the RT job. Who else (Cousins) ?

Pollard : Will win starting Safety job. Young (26), experienced (5 years), big (6' 1" 224 lbs), and tough (213 tackles in last 2 seasons in Houston). IMO better than Zibby and Nakamura.

Arthur Jones / Kindle : Will both be contributors to a revitalized Ravens defense that will IMO again be in the TOP 5. We might even see some PT for McPhee, who may contribute more in 2012.

... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 08-12-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Exactly. That's what Tom, Peyton, and Drew use all day long. Why? Because it's extremely effective.
    We have something none of those teams have, a really small, phenomenal RB. Maybe we could've used more shotgun last season when the running game was weak, but this year with Leach at FB and Yanda back at guard, Rice should be back closer to his 2009 numbers, and the play action (which works really well cause it's even harder for defenses to see if Rice has the ball cause he's so tiny) will again be effective for Flacco. Also, the system Cam's been trying to make work (his modified Air Coryell vertical game) is supposed to rely heavily on the deep pass, but we haven't had a downfield threat until today with Lee Evans, so the play-action should be even more effective this year than in years past. quick passes are great from shotgun, but with the addition of Evans i think we will finally see the offense come together this year the way Cam wants it, and the play-action is a big part of that.

Plus, if you're not using play action, you're tipping your hand and the defense expects pass, which works fine if your team has Brady or Peyton, but those shotgun sets really rely on a QB who's continually making good pre-snap reads and adjustments, and that's probably been Flacco's biggest weakness up to this point. it seems like we can finally play to this team's strengths this year, and those really require play action.

Blog Entries

what was odd was that last night the Igles ran the ball much more effectively than the Ravens. 10 minutes more TOP by mid 3rd quarter. I know it's preseason and they ran specific plays to see how players would perform, just commenting.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Reaction to the players I watch closely last night:

Paul Kruger: Word out of camp is that he was looking much improved. Obviously this was affirmed by his play last night. He was all around the ball and the sack on Young was a thing of beauty. I think he could be a big contributor this year.

Sergio Kindle: CRUSHES the look test. The man is huge. And he definitely looked solid. A year after a lot of people thought his career in football was over, its looking like he has a lot of promise.

Torrey Smith: I'm not as high on Lee Evans as most around here, but the trade needed to happen after Torrey's performance last night.

Art Jones: Jon Jones said Art is the best athlete in the family (high praise) and Art definitely displayed some of that last night. He has fantastic explosiveness for a man that enormous. Wouldn't have minded seeing him wrap up Brown for a loss on that one play, but he still looked very good and I wouldn't be surprised to see him overtake Cory Redding as the starter as the season goes on.

Jah Reid: Didn't watch the second half so I didn't see much of Jah. But I was very disappointed to hear that he looked slow and in general overmatched. I'm optimistic about his potential, but we should definitely bring in a vet RT for, at the minimum, insurance purposes, because if Reid continues to falter, Cousins obviously isn't an option.

Bernard Pollard. Playmaker. Forced some intentional grounding with fantastic pressure on Young. Then, on top of the pick, he notched two pass deflections (the secondary in total notched three). I like him way better than Landry already.

:word

I really liked what I saw from Kruger, Doss and Kindle in that order. Also Pitta turned in a good performance.

Oline got owned and I was less than impressed with the secondary. Also Joe still needs to get the ball out quicker

The new kickoff rule is the most stupid thing the NFL has invented ever.

It's really early and I'm sure the play will improve all around the team.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Post Game Reactions

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Oline got owned ...
    While I know most Ravens fans feel the same way, I am more optimistic. It may take a little time (a few games?), but I can see Oher - Grubbs - Birk - Yanda - Reid gelling, and the Ravens smash-mouth running game punching out a playoff spot (while the passing game takes a little more time to be cohesive). I am a positive thinker about the 2011 Ravens... Bc