Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

Just saw about 5 seconds on the rally at the end of Sportscenter, but hey, it made national news.
    SS

Re: FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

I don't know how many of you reading this made it to Camden Yards with us today, but if you did and you're reading this, thank you...thank you...thank you.

It was a day for us to show the baseball team that there are still a lot of people in this town who love baseball and love attending games...but when the owner essentially calls you all stupid ("the people who were at this protest know nothing about the business side of baseball") and threatens to raise ticket prices because it's OUR responsibility to fund HIS business (do we get some of the profits too?), it's hard to WANT to go to the games.

You're going to raise ticket prices, but not have BALTIMORE on the road jerseys and you're going to instruct your TV and Radio staff to refer to the team only as "THE ORIOLES"...and I'm going to buy into that? We, the citizens, built that ballpark for you, Pete, and you're going to threaten us with the notion of having to increase payroll to "get competitive"?

I think people had FUN today. We got up, we cheered, we chanted and no ushers were there to tell us to sit down or shut up. It was like the old days, which are sorely needed in our town.

For one day, and it's been a while since I could say this, I enjoyed going to a baseball game.

DF

3. Re: FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

The Sun says less than 1,000 people showed up, even though 3,000 to 10,000 were expected.

In other words . . .

4. Re: FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchterps View Post
    The Sun says less than 1,000 people showed up, even though 3,000 to 10,000 were expected.

In other words . . .

There were way more than that! The Sun is in Angelos' back pocket.

WBAl had a ton of coverage.

There were definitely more than that.

Also, I couldn't go, but wanted to listen to it on WBAL to see if I could hear them. You definitely could hear them chanting on the radio broadcast and it was loud too.

It was also discussed by Mike and Mike this morning. The ball is rolling, let's not stop it. I want to go to an Orioles game and have something to get excited about again.

I get it, Mike Flanagan gets it, Miguel Tejada got it, why do some Orioles fans not get it?
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

She had me at "Hell, NO!"

In other words . . .

You weren't there but 10 yrs from now you'll claim you were. Thanks for doing YOUR part in telling the team how you feel.

I think they did a great thing yesterday! Bring on the Orioles and winning again. Being competatie is all that is being asked. Who wakes up and decides that they want to be in last place every day? NO ONE!!! But that is how it seems for the past nine seasons of losing.

I wasn't there but I'm very happy for what was done. I miss going to Orioles games and having fun.

11. Re: FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

You weren't there but 10 yrs from now you'll claim you were. Thanks for doing YOUR part in telling the team how you feel.
    I do my part by doing the same thing I have been doing for five years -- not going to games. (Prior to 2000, I was an mini-plan holder who probably ended up going to 20 games a year.) But I had no interest in yesterday's event because (A) I work, and (B) I had no interest putting more money into Angelos' pocket.

12. Re: FYI--Rally made Sportscenter

I do my part by doing the same thing I have been doing for five years -- not going to games. (Prior to 2000, I was an mini-plan holder who probably ended up going to 20 games a year.) But I had no interest in yesterday's event because (A) I work, and (B) I had no interest putting more money into Angelos' pocket.

Work is one issue, but you could have picked up a ticket for about $10. I'm sure you could enter the game for an hour and 8 minutes and not be enticed to buy a hot dog or beer, thus keeping money from King Pete.