Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Harbaugh: Flacco will have more audible opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    I think in addition to the lockout + young receiving corps that it will buy Cam Cameron some time because it's going to take a while for the offense to gel. It's about timing and developing a repertoire between the QB and receivers and that requires experience. It will probably buy him time and he will be here for the whole season.

It also helps that he has a good relationship with the head coach :o
    I don't know that Cam would get fired in season for the reasons you already mentioned, but Harbaugh already used his get Cam out of jail free card.

Billick had a Super Bowl which made him more able to bring Cavanaugh back every year when that guy should have been canned way before he actually did. I don't know that Harbaugh has that kind of power.

Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh: Flacco will have more audible opportunities

Cam and joe were never on the same page from the jump. Joe felt much more comfortable with Zorn as zorn communicated with joe way more than cam did. Cam is dictator look at all the QBs he has had once he leaves or they leave they get better.

I remember hearing that the vets dont like harbs but the younger guys dont have a problem with him. if getting rid of a few of them( although i would have like to hold onto heap) helps get the team on the same page, then it's what needed to be done.

Also i want to point out the one winning drive tweet talking about the stripped down offense cause of the lockout....even more vanilla???

Quote Originally Posted by Rave.n.y. View Post
    I remember hearing that the vets dont like harbs but the younger guys dont have a problem with him. if getting rid of a few of them( although i would have like to hold onto heap) helps get the team on the same page, then it's what needed to be done.

Also i want to point out the one winning drive tweet talking about the stripped down offense cause of the lockout....even more vanilla???
    Vanilla has more to do with the mix of plays as opposed to the play complexity. IMO the most effective offenses keep defenses guessing as to what play is coming, those plays don't need to be fancy, they just need to be well disguised.

Blog Entries

I can see why vets don't necessarily like Harbs.

He's very much a "my way or the high way" kind of guy, but the results speak for themselves.

Who doesn't like winning?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    I think in addition to the lockout + young receiving corps that it will buy Cam Cameron some time because it's going to take a while for the offense to gel. It's about timing and developing a repertoire between the QB and receivers and that requires experience. It will probably buy him time and he will be here for the whole season.

It also helps that he has a good relationship with the head coach :o
    So did Pops Mattison.

Harbs can have his input, but if Ozzie, Bisciotti, and DeCosta are all telling Harbs that the offense is crap and a "change" needs to be made, there is no doubt that he would let Cam go...maybe for a sweet college gig...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I can see why vets don't necessarily like Harbs.

He's very much a "my way or the high way" kind of guy, but the results speak for themselves.

Who doesn't like winning?
    I'd say the media and fans overrate his hardass routine, at least when it comes to veterans.

Isn't Ed Reed currently operating completely on the Ed Reed Rules during camp?

editor's note: BLSmokey fully supports any and all regulations and stipulations regarding Ed Reed which are contained within the Ed Reed Rules.

8. Re: Harbaugh: Flacco will have more audible opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    I'd say the media and fans overrate his hardass routine, at least when it comes to veterans.

Isn't Ed Reed currently operating completely on the Ed Reed rules during camp?

The players complained about Harbaugh to the NFLPA last season about long practices and whatnot. Twice.

They also got in trouble for contact in OTA's and got penalized with lost practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    The players complained about Harbaugh to the NFLPA last season. Twice.

They also got in trouble for contact in OTA's and got penalized with lost practices.
    And yet...here we are with Ed deciding when and/or if he will take any snaps during preseason. He's also sporting #3 and running around basically as he pleases at practice.

The future-HOF veterans still drive the bus (or at the very least, decide when it leaves).

Blog Entries

As far as Cam Cameron goes, I will say that he can call a better game when the run is more effective and that showed in 2008. The problem was that last year, the run was not effective. So, Cam went to plan B, which was to use the pass to set up the run. However, he didn't have any deep threats either. Plan C would have been to modify the offense to suit the talent, which Cam did not do. If the run is more effective, I think that Cameron will last the season.

As far as Ed Reed calling his own shots, that is the luxury of being a future first ballot hall of famer.

As far as the plays on offense being vanilla, as another poster mentioned(GoodandFast), complexity does not equate to effectiveness. Indianapolis, basically, runs the same half dozen plays non-stop. It seems more complex, because they run it in a no huddle offense, which they can switch to a hurry up offense, at any time, while keeping you on edge about which play is coming next. It also does not hurt that their execution is top-notch when they have all of their pieces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    As far as Cam Cameron goes, I will say that he can call a better game when the run is more effective and that showed in 2008. The problem was that last year, the run was not effective. So, Cam went to plan B, which was to use the pass to set up the run. However, he didn't have any deep threats either. Plan C would have been to modify the offense to suit the talent, which Cam did not do. If the run is more effective, I think that Cameron will last the season.

As far as Ed Reed calling his own shots, that is the luxury of being a future first ballot hall of famer.

As far as the plays on offense being vanilla, as another poster mentioned(GoodandFast), complexity does not equate to effectiveness. Indianapolis, basically, runs the same half dozen plays non-stop. It seems more complex, because they run it in a no huddle offense, which they can switch to a hurry up offense, at any time, while keeping you on edge about which play is coming next. It also does not hurt that their execution is top-notch when they have all of their pieces.
    Cam's problem - and it was this way in Miami and in San Diego too - is that he scripts his offense and rarely deviates from it.

A great coach and coordinator knows when to adjust on the fly because someone has the hot hand or there is an obvious mismatch.

Maybe that will all be different this season with Flacco getting the nod to call audibles and change the play up.

12. Re: Harbaugh: Flacco will have more audible opportunities

Cam's main problem is that when he gets a lead he turns into a pussy and it turns into beat the clock instead of beat the other team.