Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Mark my words......

dbcw, you made a very specific proclamation. I asked you to back it up, and you repeated your conclusory argument.

Fine, I understand.

Greg, please remind me not to post in this thread anymore. :brickwall:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Does the fact that the offense had spent all week preparing to be run by a different QB matter?
    No, it doesn't matter. Boller isn't walking on to the field without knowing the guys or the playbook. He does take some snaps during the week and is familiar with whats going on, or at least I like to believe that. Lets face it though, the games he did come in he played well considering and applauding the two freak plays against the panthers and the layup of a game with the Browns. As a fan of the ravens I was Happy with the win against the browns but upset about not being able to pull it out against Carolina. I think with all that is going on with Mcnair,We need to thank god we have Boller and that we didnt trade him away. We may need him now as a starter since Mcnair may be in some hot water.

Hopefully these charges are dropped and we dont have to worry. Even so we have a little bit of protection at this point.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by dbcw View Post
    If you can show me one quote by any of his teammates saying "He's our leader out there," when referring to Boller, I'll take it back.
    Here you go:

Boller's teammates said they haven't lost faith in him.

"He's our quarterback, he's the leader of our offense," Mason said. "No matter what went on, I don't think we've lost confidence in him. I had confidence in him when I came here and I still have confidence in him."
    Now then

Quote Originally Posted by dbcw View Post
    But I have never heard or read of any Raven player speak of him in that regard.
    Has that changed now?

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

No, it doesn't matter. Boller isn't walking on to the field without knowing the guys or the playbook. He does take some snaps during the week and is familiar with whats going on, or at least I like to believe that. Lets face it though, the games he did come in he played well considering and applauding the two freak plays against the panthers and the layup of a game with the Browns.
    So then my original take was spot on, the offensive game plan did not change so which QB you planned for makes no difference. Thanks for the clarification.

You guys can't have it both ways, either the offense and defense both have to adapt to Boller or they don't. Each team knows both QBs strengths and weaknesses so the difference in style makes little difference. They can adjust immediately to Boller's weaker decision making and stronger arm.

C-choke was a layup for Boller?
    Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec
    41 23 56.1 264 1 0 83.8 2 10 2 -2 -1.0 -1 0 0 0
    21 13 61.9 238 2 1 112.8 1 7 9 12 1.3 10 0 1 0

Wasn't such a layup for McNair.

And again, the freak plays, the first was a well thrown ball Mason just didn't haul in and the second was tipped at the line. Who knows whether that ball, if not tipped, is a good pass or not. When Clarence Moore doesn't complete his route and lets a perfectly good Boller throw go for a pick do you all start calculating that into the equation?

You guys can't have it both ways, either the offense and defense both have to adapt to Boller or they don't..
    Greg I liked your assesement. I thought I was agreeing with you. Unless it just a knee jerk reaction. However I did have some reservations about the use of the word dramitic changes in the offense. We did well against who we played against. Nothing more nothing less.

Wasn't such a layup for McNair.
    HUH? we won that game. Don't show me stats when the outcome of both games results in wins. To me its pointless. But if we are going to get to the nitty gritty In the past it was a game we would have lost on the road. That's the difference between the two qbs. Now I'm a huge critic of Mcnair once he gets this team to the next level, I expected better this season but we really cant complain about how he did during the season. (well you can if you want but who would be listening)

And again, the freak plays, the first was a well thrown ball Mason just didn't haul in and the second was tipped at the line. Who knows whether that ball, if not tipped, is a good pass or not. When Clarence Moore doesn't complete his route and lets a perfectly good Boller throw go for a pick do you all start calculating that into the equation?
    All this if stuff is nonsense. Ex if Clarence ran his route straight, if the ball wasnt tip what would have happen. Without certainty you really cant say. Today I can sit back and say good for our guy kyle but in mid season thats not the type of plays you want to take to the coach and say put me in man I threw two tds, I deserve to be in there.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...

HUH? we won that game. Don't show me stats when the outcome of both games results in wins.
    You said "layup" as in easy. C-choke games are not always "layups." That was the point.

All this if stuff is nonsense. Ex if Clarence ran his route straight, if the ball wasnt tip what would have happen. Without certainty you really cant say.
    I am quite certain that if Clarence Moore, during a game against the Irsays in Indy, turns and completes his route over the middle instead of wimping out, that instead of a ball caught by a safety behind the play it would have been a 20 yard gain assuming Moore holds onto a very well thrown ball.

Boller has his issues, but the facts are his supporting cast was crap when he put up the 70 rating. When we added Mason what happened to Boller's stats? If he hadn't gotten hurt in 2005 I think he would have progressed nicely.

Anyway, I am not for starting Boller ahead of McNair, I am also not for planning our whole future on Boller. I am for continually looking for a new starter until we hit pay dirt. But I think it would be a mistake to let Boller go and just assume he has hit his peak. I think there is some upside that will show with a little more patience given the talent now available to throw to. But I wouldn't gamble the franchise's future on his panning out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    Um, Boller has had more than ample time to produce better than backup numbers and shown postively he cannot do it, even with a very good team around him. His road record is atrocious. No NFL QB will retain his starting job with a road record and rating as sported by Boller even if he was on a bottom rung team which the Ravens are clearly not. This thread is good for a chuckle though, I must admit. There is about as much chance of this happening as Sidney Ponson winning a Cy Young!

I challange anyone to find me a qb in NFL history that played well at home and badly on the road. The reason why he has done worse on the road is more coincidence than anything else

layup of a game with the Browns.

Regardless of the "layup game" the deep completions he had to Clayton and D Will are throws that McNair can't make anymore. And they are the kind of explosive difference-making plays that the offense needs.

Boller wins a game with some heads up play and he can't get credit. McNair wins in a game-managing Trent-Dilfer-ish way and he is the second coming.

Its incredible.

CrazyRaven, to clairfy, I'm not disagreeing with you or Greg. But I find it funny that in wording its tough for anyone to give Boller credit for anything.

Tex, this is what I wrote:
    Tell me he's occasionally inaccurate, I'll say fine. Tell me he's occasionally butterfingered, I'll tell you yes, I've seen it.
    This is how you responded:
    Same way that some of you look at Boller and see the next Drew Brees where the realists see the reincarnation of Stoney Case
    Neither I nor anyone else said Drew Brees. Understand, Tex, despite the depth of your passion on this (one) subject, *you* come across as the extremist, not the realist.

I would like to apologize deeply to all those who have Tex on ignore and who just accidentally read a line of his post because I quoted it here.
    Festivus

CrazyRaven, to clairfy, I'm not disagreeing with you or Greg. But I find it funny that in wording its tough for anyone to give Boller credit for anything.
    That falls upon his shoulders. As the QB of the Baltimore Ravens he has a heavy burden to fullfil. He needs to win the tough games. Regardless when he was drafted or when he was put into the starting role.

As for as boller starting, Nobody wants to see that but in light of the mcnair DUI I'm glad we have somebody with some knowledge of our system right now. A few weeks ago I was perfectly happy to see him go to make room for troy but now I feel we need to keep him around for at least this season until this mess is off our plate
    No, Thank you Ray...

How do you select ignore Tex Ritter/WSO/OldFan reincarnate?

I dont quite know how to navigate this forum's interface yet.

Go to the User CP button near the top left corner. Then there's a button (I think) down the left hand side called buddy/ignore list. Go from there, and hope people don't quote him in their own posts, because you of course still see those.
    Festivus

Actually, just scroll up and left click on his name, you will get 4 options. Select view his public profile and in the blue menu bar putting him on your ignore list will be available.

Greg I couldn't be less sorry about the thread drift.

I tried that and the 'ignore' option doesn't come up for me. That's why I explained it the long way. What gives?
    Festivus