Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Mark my words......

all those who love to bash Kyle Boller and eager to run him out of town...When he leaves the Ravens and becomes a very good QB somewhere else, y'all will be saying we shoulda kept him! I heard something today that made me ponder...If Terry Bradshaw were to enter the NFL today and played the same way he did when he first came into the NFL, he'd of never made it past his rookie year.The fans would never have given him a second chance...It also took Phil Simms a few years to really get it...Just saying that you are going to regret passing on this kid...

Re: Mark my words......

I could not agree more. Now stand by for a volley from the H crowd.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

McNair is locked up for at least two more years. Boller is - contrary to what the "H crowd" says - good enough to go compete somwhere to be a starter. He will be a FA, and we are as we know from other threads, knee deep in youngsters trying to earn a spot as McNair's backup.

I hope when he leaves he is fabulously successful except when he plays the Ravens. But it doesn't make sense (a) for him to stay, and be relegated to backup when he should be competing for more, or (b) for the FO to keep him, and pay a backup starter money.

In a non-salary cap world I'd love to see him stay. But realistically, for the benefit of all parties involved - hating, injury cheering fans aside - I don't think he'll be here.

:2c:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

McNair is locked up for at least two more years. Boller is - contrary to what the "H crowd" says - good enough to go compete somwhere to be a start
    if you say so but that doesnt mean it is so.

You guys are preaching much the same way when redman was on the brink of being dismissed from the Ravens.

I just find it funny that some of you would love to see Boller play well on a rival team just to say you thought he could play somewhere else. The thing is he couldnt raise to a level of play on this team to solidify his position as th starter, why would he tread water somewhere else when he has absoultely no competition since he has been a raven. Now that we got some qbs in the stable it seems like a few are a little nervous.

We'll see.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

If Boller is to become a success, he WILL have to leave here and I think he is anxious to get going from here. Would you want to play for a fanbase that cheers when you get injured? Even Drew Forrester admitted that Boller still carries that day with him. I can imagine him anxiously awaiting to give us the middle finger once he leaves....er...fumbles and bumbles his way out of town.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

If Boller is to become a success, he WILL have to leave here and I think he is anxious to get going from here. Would you want to play for a fanbase that cheers when you get injured? Even Drew Forrester admitted that Boller still carries that day with him. I can imagine him anxiously awaiting to give us the middle finger once he leaves....er...fumbles and bumbles his way out of town.

Honestly its quotes like this that bother me.

Why add on the "fumble and bumble"? What is so personal about this for Baltimore fans.

We already had Johnny Unitas. You get a player like that once a hundred years or so. So every quarterback we'll have after Johnny U is going to have trouble living up to what he could do.

McNair's not playing 2 more years in Baltimore. Call it a hunch. His body isn't strong enough, his arm almost died 3 times last year, but was saved by 1) being rested on the early bye week 2) being rested when Boller came in for relief and 3) against the Colts he wasn't saved actually. He sucked it up hard with his lame duck passes

In any case the sad part is is that we threw Boller to the wolves, toughed out the hard parts of his career with him, and are ready to dump him now that we've made the investment.

His Last 10 games . . . 16 TDs, maybe 3-4 Ints . . . explosive plays downfield . . . I can see the potential for him to go somewhere else and step up.

It'd be far better if management and the fanbase would let him step up here.

First off let me state that I don't know anymore than anyone else but here's a different point of view.
    1) The Raven's drafted Troy Smith because he was the best available at that point. I doubt he was a big focus of the Ravens before the draft.
    2) If they had gone into the draft looking for a future QB they would of moved up to get Quinn or someone else in the second round.
    3) Strangely there has been very little coming from the Ravens (either officially or leaked ) about Boller this off season.
    Now keeping in mind that the owner SB has stated the one thing that bugs him is to see good money investing in developing a player and than having him wind up using that time and effort on another team. My best guess is this, they bring in some QB's from the outside with the thought that, one they get lucky, or two they are developing a future back up. At the same time they are removing the expections from Boller taking him out of the bubble he has existed under since his arrival in Baltimore.

I think the way that Boller stays here is if McNair gets injured for more than a couple of games and Boller plays at a very high level, especially near the end of the season. I personally think the kid has what it takes to take a team deep in the playoffs, but he won't get the opportunity to do it here if he stays behind McNair all the time

Should Boller not get any significant playing time this season, he'll want to leave, and I won't blame him one bit. The fans have been, in general, extremely ungrateful, because apparently they expected a new Johnny U after a couple of season. The truth is, it's very rare for players to come out of nowhere and perform stupendously (how many Dan Marinos are there?). It'll be a shame if Boller leaves down resentful, and if he does, I hope he has great success with another team, if only to teach Baltimore fans to be a little more patient and to really give someone a chance. I don't really consider his first couple of years here a 'chance', he had a mediocre offensive line, terrible receivers and a dreadful offensive coordinator

I hope McNair succeeds in his last few years of play, but should he not, I believe Boller can and will show us what he really has. Just look at his stats for the past games he's played

I also think it's going to be good for Boller to be out of the spotlight a little. Everyone will be talking about McNair and Smith and what the heck, maybe even Olson and Finnerty. But I think the one who's really going to stand out is Boller

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You guys are preaching much the same way when redman was on the brink of being dismissed from the Ravens.
    Not a good comparison, Redman was shot physically from a back injury and his once adequate arm was not strong enough to compensate for this.

I just find it funny that some of you would love to see Boller play well on a rival team just to say you thought he could play somewhere else.
    You missed the part where he said "except when he plays the Ravens."

The thing is he couldnt raise to a level of play on this team to solidify his position as th starter, why would he tread water somewhere else when he has absoultely no competition since he has been a raven.
    List the WRs he had and get back to me.
    Travis Taylor
    Marcus Robinson
    Kevin Johnson

That is the best 3 until Mason came, and in his 10-11 games he has played with Mason on the team his numbers came up nicely. I would love to see him get a number of games with Mason and Clayton and Heap healthy.

The thing that kills him is his clumsiness, a lot of fans can't see past that. It only happens 1-2 times a game tops. Yes, it sucks and unless corrected he will never be an elite QB because of it but it isn't any worse than issues many other QBs have that aren't so obvious to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    LOL you crack me up so much. You quote the media, guys like Drew Forrester (of all people) and act like its gospel. Like if Drew said it, by god, its gotta be true.

Nothing against Drew, but I have just as good an idea as he does about the psyche of Boller, I just don't have a radio show to talk about it to thousands of people.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Honestly its quotes like this that bother me.

Why add on the "fumble and bumble"? What is so personal about this for Baltimore fans.

We already had Johnny Unitas. You get a player like that once a hundred years or so. So every quarterback we'll have after Johnny U is going to have trouble living up to what he could do.

McNair's not playing 2 more years in Baltimore. Call it a hunch. His body isn't strong enough, his arm almost died 3 times last year, but was saved by 1) being rested on the early bye week 2) being rested when Boller came in for relief and 3) against the Colts he wasn't saved actually. He sucked it up hard with his lame duck passes

In any case the sad part is is that we threw Boller to the wolves, toughed out the hard parts of his career with him, and are ready to dump him now that we've made the investment.

His Last 10 games . . . 16 TDs, maybe 3-4 Ints . . . explosive plays downfield . . . I can see the potential for him to go somewhere else and step up.

It'd be far better if management and the fanbase would let him step up here.

I certainly didn't expect another Johnny U.

I also didn't expect the kind of play I saw from a 1st round pick.

I believe your hunches also led you to say that McNair wasn't coming and that Ogden probably was retiring. Along with it, you tried to make the point that this team would somehow perform at the same level from an OL standpoint if Ogden did indeed retire.

Pardon me if Im a bit skeptical about your hunches.

McNair's arm almost died 3 times last year huh? Why so personal when talking about McNair? His body can't take it? How exactly has Boller's body faired so far in his much shorter career? He's missed FAR more time over the last few seasons than McNair has.

We're ready to dump Boller because the investment was a bad one. He's a 1st round QB that is a backup at best. He will serve that role for the 2007 and unless something of epic proportions happens, he will be a F/A looking for another team.

The FO could've and still can offer him a contract extension at any time. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes. YOU may think he can "step it up" here but it's pretty obvious that FO doesn't.

Count me as one who's thankful about that.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    The FO could've and still can offer him a contract extension at any time. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes. YOU may think he can "step it up" here but it's pretty obvious that FO doesn't.
    Mostly I agree with you, PP, but on this point I take issue a little bit.

It serves the Ravens better to have a 1st or 2d year player as a backup to McNair. Boller is a terrific backup, and may one day start somewhere else, but we don't need him here when we can be mentoring someone who is (a) younger and (b) still under contract. We have a glut of young qb's. No need to re-sign the backup, (and this is key, for me) whether you like him or not.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.