Madden 12 Player Ratings

Not sure if everyone saw the ratings, but there are some surprises:

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...ltimore-ravens

Jah Reid - 70 Overall
    Torrey Smith - 69 Overall
    Anthony Allen - 60 Overall
    Grubbs - 95 Overall
    Yanda - 85 Overall

How is Grubbs 10 overall ratings beter than Yanda? These ratings suck.

Re: Madden 12 Player Ratings

Terrence Cody - 71 Overall
    Paul Kruger - 78 Overall

Fabian Washington - 78 Overall
    Lardarius Webb - 75 Overall

Some of these guys don't even compare...

LOL @ Grubbs as a 95...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    LOL @ Grubbs as a 95...

- C -
    Seriously. This rating system is rediculous.

Micheal Oher is rated lower than Jared Gaither who was injured all of last year!

now i knew they were adding long snappers this year but they made morgan cox a defensive end haha couldnt have put him as a offensive lineman

Blog Entries

I haven't bought Madden in about five years, but figured it was time to end my lockout of EA Sports and get it for the PS2 before they stop making them. I heard that they no longer get as carried away with speed as they used to. For example, you won't see a bunch of guys with speeds of 98 and 99. Is that true? I mean, in one of the older Maddens like 05 or 07, I would expect Torrey Smith to at least have a 97 rating in speed. However, I see that he is not close to that in these ratings. Is that alarming or does it just confirm what I have heard, that Madden has toned down the hyper ratings over the past few years?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Typical Madden game. The guys who make it don't seem to know much about the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Typical Madden game. The guys who make it don't seem to know much about the NFL.
    I think they actually get a fair amount of input from different sources.

Last year Flacco was an 83 or 84 and this year he's an 88 I believe and Ryan is an 89.

As Ravens fans we see that Grubbs is a solid guard, but not a "95" guard like the game has him rated, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of NFL pundits think Grubbs is one of the better guards in the NFL.

Kyle Orton is rated an 82 and Tebow is like a 74 or 76 I think. I'm sorry, but Orton is MUCH better than an 82. At least an 85 or 86. Tebow should probably be a high 60's low 70's.

I'd also like to point out that the ratings aren't going to make as much of a difference in certain aspects because if say a QB has a string of games where he's throwing below 50% completion than his accuracy rating in the franchise mode is going to drop whereas if you have a RB and put together a string of games where he has over 100 rushing yards per game then you will likely see stats like BC vision, awareness, and carrying go up a few points.

My biggest gripe and they didn't do anything about it was they still seem to be using height/weight charts from 2-3 years ago.

Ray Rice 5'8" 205lbs (he's listed on the Ravens site as 212lbs).
    Dannell Ellerbe 6'1" 228lbs (listed on the Ravens site as 240lbs).
    Bryan Mattison 6'3" 272lbs (was just listed against the skins as 313lbs).

I wish they would permit us to change those things. Or, at least they could go off of the team's websites.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Hopefully some of these guys shoot up after preseason, Yanda was still low balled, As was Tandon Doss's speed, Arthur Jones i think will suprise them and see a raise in rating. Anthony Allen is only a 60 but he has good short yardage running attributes, should be able to replace Mcclain as a short yardage runner. Jimmy Smith iis a 76 but has shut down coverage attributes from day one. Sorry, just thinking strategy out loud lol

I think I will be buying this Madden. I haven't had one in a few years and I've been wanting to play Madden again.

I agree some of these ratings seem low and not correct. Yanda and Grubbs should be around the same rating. But I'm sure they will do a roster update after the first few preseason games.

Those rankings are crazy!

Grubbs is 10 pts higher than Yanda?!