Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Camp Hardass... Maybe not so attractive to FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Sorry, Jayc00 but Billick had to make chicken salad out of chicken shit with Boller (yes partly his fault bc he wanted to draft him), only JO as an OL that was worth 2 shits, and a cast of WRs that sucked other than Mase. The year he had a healthy McNair, the Ravens O was pretty damn good (except for his turd game of a lifetime against the Colts in the playoffs). I really wonder how Billick would have done if Flacco was his QB. Whether you're a Joe fan or not, its a fact that Flacco has provided stability and he will win you a lotta games as the starting QB. Maybe not against the elite QBs, but he is a proven winner. Boller was ok at home but he was absolutely terrible on the road.

Hey Billick wasn't the best HC either.. I would not pick him either if I was choosing my coach.

Its been 3yrs, and long enough to make my judgement on Harb... I am not that impressed with his coaching ability. I will stand by my statement that I think its been the talent that has achieved the 32-16/4-3 reg season/playoff record during Harbs tenure, moreso than Harbs and his staff getting the most out of that talent.
    That still doesn't answer why Billick's teams were not prepared for games they were suppose to win. Harbs teams are more prepared, more disciplined, and are pretty much always in a position to have a chance of winning every game. When's the last time they have lost by double digits?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Agreed.

Two a days are eliminated and cash is king. I can't believe practice is part of the decision on which team to choose.
    Reason 1. Drew Brees (Kruetz)
    Reason 2. Phillip Rivers (Floyd)

A 37 yr old receiver going else where to learn a new system for even money?

Case closed. Wake up people.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    No.

Besides, if that was the angle why not put it out there to vastly larger media outlets like The Sun or ESPN or NFLN?

It's about relationships that have developed over years and respect and it is why we knew about Bulger's retirement nearly a week before everyone else including all of the outlets above.
    Tony, I apologize if you took it as I am questioning your word. Just was playing devil's advocate. Your right, you have been straight on. Its just annoying as a fan right now when you report something from your sources, and its completely opposite from what 105.7 reports from their sources, which is also completely opposite from what the Sun reports from their sources. I know... Just trust TL and Ravens24x7.

Again, sorry if I offended you.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/#!/KenWeinman1057

Sources closeto vinny & kenny show tell us ravens offered more $ for kreutz, floyd, & mason. The difference, vets dont like harbs practices
    Well then I don't think I like vets who don't like to practice hard.

Leach seems perfectly happy. Guess he is a real man's player...and not a puff.

Tony, I apologize if you took it as I am questioning your word. Just was playing devil's advocate. Your right, you have been straight on. Its just annoying as a fan right now when you report something from your sources, and its completely opposite from what 105.7 reports from their sources, which is also completely opposite from what the Sun reports from their sources. I know... Just trust TL and Ravens24x7.

Again, sorry if I offended you.
    Context is lost sometimes in a post...no need to apologize. Your's was a legit question. I just wanted to address it.

It's all good!

:respect
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    Reason 1. Drew Brees (Kruetz)
    Reason 2. Phillip Rivers (Floyd)

A 37 yr old receiver going else where to learn a new system for even money?

Case closed. Wake up people.
    Mark Sanchez? (Mason and Burress) huh?

Talk to the Saints players.....they practice in brutal conditions down here, no easy camp for them.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Mark Sanchez? (Mason and Burress) huh?
    Exactly. It's not camp. Mason believes he has a better chance of winning with a team with Sanchez at QB. Actions speak louder than words.

Exactly. It's not camp. Mason believes he has a better chance of winning with a team with Sanchez at QB. Actions speak louder than words.
    This all assumes Mason had a chance of re-signing with the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    This all assumes Mason had a chance of re-signing with the Ravens.
    I don't think he did. Ravens did not want him anymore IMO and are letting him save face out of respect.

Boldin's a legit #1 and they had Torrey Smith graded as a near first round talent. You see what he can do. Not to mention they're high on david reed.

This year hinges on 2 things: OL and Flacco. Both need to play much, much better than they did last season if we're to have success.

PS to whoever said that Bililck wanted to draft Boller - not the case. Billick badly, BADLY wanted Byron Leftwich (not that it makes it much better). When we missed on him Boller was the next best QB on board and OZZIE made the move. What difference does it make anyway, really, the truth is we were gonna come out of that draft with either Leftwich, Boller, or Grossman. As the sea captain on the simpsons says - not a looker in the bunch.

Boller survived in Baltimore as long as he did not because of Billick. Billick would have had him gone the day we traded for McNair (another LOL fail when we could have signed Drew Brees though of course his shoulder was completely fucked and we could have also signed Daunte Culpeper - talk about a crap shoot). Anyway back to the point a little history lesson is when you're golf buddies with the owner it really helps you hold a roster spot down and sometimes gets you a 1-year extension...

Blog Entries

Says who?

I've heard Rex would let him visit family in Tenn more than Harbaugh. Pretty good reason right there.

Have a link his decision was based on QB, or is that just your opinion?

Do you know for certain the Ravens even made him an offer?

Please share how you know he thinks he can win more with Sanchez than Flacco.