Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Bring Back Gaither!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Gaither is not healthy. Some team would have snatched him up by now if he could pass a physical. LT's are hard to find. There is a reason why no team will touch him.
    Yup, and if the Raiders and Hue Jackson didn't sign him, then there is definitely something wrong... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If it was personal between Harbaugh and Gaither then some other team would have picked him up - or at least checked him out - by now. It's not like Harbaugh can blackball guys.
    Seriously this. It should be especially obvious with teams falling all over themselves to sign our cast-offs that there is something seriously wrong with Gaither.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

The guy that failed his physical in Oakland and won't be playing football ever again?

“I’ve been pretty clear that where he was coming from we knew that it was going to take a little time in a number of different areas, mentally and physically,” Haley said.

I think it's clear now Gaither is a nutball an we were probably lucky to get what we got from him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...r-along-slowly
    Back for the Veteran Minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise View Post
    “I’ve been pretty clear that where he was coming from we knew that it was going to take a little time in a number of different areas, mentally and physically,” Haley said.

I think it's clear now Gaither is a nutball an we were probably lucky to get what we got from him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...r-along-slowly
    And we finally adequately replaced him to boot.

Good, so can we stop talking about this please?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And we finally adequately replaced him to boot.
    It's called player development. You know, how they got Gaither to the level he played at during the 2009 season in the first place. He did not start his first season. He started his second season and needed a lot of help on his side. He did better in 2009, but missed a handful of games. Michael Oher is the player that they are going to develop. He played LT at Ole Miss and put forth decent performances, considering it was his first year starting at LT in the NFL, until he injured his knee. An injury which he played through, much like Gaither played through the shoulder injury in 2008. You do not close the book on a player after one season at the position.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm not so sure we didn't replace him with someone just like him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not so sure we didn't replace him with someone just like him
    LOL! Maybe so, but McKinnie has been in the league a lot longer than Gaither and maybe quit on the probowl but never quit on the team in season. Gaither lookslike he is on the verge of washing out already. Also, McKinnie was always bigger, stronger and more talented than Gaither was.

May have some similar issues, but less of a chance and a bigger, more known upside.
    Back for the Veteran Minimum!

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    It's called player development. You know, how they got Gaither to the level he played at during the 2009 season in the first place. He did not start his first season. He started his second season and needed a lot of help on his side. He did better in 2009, but missed a handful of games. Michael Oher is the player that they are going to develop. He played LT at Ole Miss and put forth decent performances, considering it was his first year starting at LT in the NFL, until he injured his knee. An injury which he played through, much like Gaither played through the shoulder injury in 2008. You do not close the book on a player after one season at the position.
    I'm not so sure that Oher will make that step. He is only marginally younger(2 months) then Gaither and still has a long way of catching up to get to where Gaither was in 08, let alone 09.

I feel that McKinney can bridge the gap to a player to be drafted next year. Maybe Oher will continue on in Bmore as a Rt, maybe he'll move inside to Guard, maybe he'll go elsewhere and play RT. I simply don't see him ever becoming an average or better Lt, and for me, in Bmore, that's not good enough.

And below, Gaither and McKinney are very similar. They are enormously large Human beings with freakish Athleticism for their size. they also both have off field concerns, weight concerns and poor work ethic. McKinney has one less MAJOR red flag, and that is that he has started 16 games in 7 of 9 seasons.

I feel he is an older, complete player with a lower ceiling, but MUCH, MUCH higher floor. Since it appears to be a cheap first year, I like the move. I think it makes the team much better, more experienced, versatile and deep.

If we get absolutely nothing from the guy, at least we go Levoir.

I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm not so sure that Oher will make that step. He is only marginally younger(2 months) then Gaither and still has a long way of catching up to get to where Gaither was in 08, let alone 09.

I feel that McKinney can bridge the gap to a player to be drafted next year. Maybe Oher will continue on in Bmore as a Rt, maybe he'll move inside to Guard, maybe he'll go elsewhere and play RT. I simply don't see him ever becoming an average or better Lt, and for me, in Bmore, that's not good enough.

And below, Gaither and McKinney are very similar. They are enormously large Human beings with freakish Athleticism for their size. they also both have off field concerns, weight concerns and poor work ethic. McKinney has one less MAJOR red flag, and that is that he has started 16 games in 7 of 9 seasons.

I feel he is an older, complete player with a lower ceiling, but MUCH, MUCH higher floor. Since it appears to be a cheap first year, I like the move. I think it makes the team much better, more experienced, versatile and deep.

If we get absolutely nothing from the guy, at least we go Levoir.
    Michael Oher already was where Gaither was in 08. The first Pittsburgh game last year resulted in a victory for the Ravens, where Pittsburgh's defense was held without a sack. That never happened with Gaither at LT and both of them needed help in the backfield, against Pittsburgh, when it came to pass protection.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore