1. 2011 Ravens vs. NFC West schedule

Whoa, I didn't notice this. In 2007 we played at home vs. Arizona and St. Louis, and on the road at SF and Seattle. This year instead of reversing that, we're playing home vs. Arizona and SF, and on the road at St. Louis and Seattle. Does anyone know why this is?

(Functionally this means that Seattle will not have played in Baltimore any year between 2003 and 2015, same goes with Baltimore playing in Arizona. Weird.)

Re: 2011 Ravens vs. NFC West schedule

Actually we did play in AZ in 2003
    90% of the game is half mental

3. Re: 2011 Ravens vs. NFC West schedule

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Actually we did play in AZ in 2003
    Yes, the point is that instead of AZ/BAL alternating venues every four years, 2003 to 2015 is going to be AZ, BAL, BAL, AZ.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...team-opponents

I had the same question in April, see above for the explanation.

Blog Entries

I think they changed this right after last year.

The NFL recently announced that in future years, when teams play the entire AFC West division, they will travel to either Kansas City and San Diego OR to Oakland and Denver, and when playing the entire NFC West division, they will travel to San Francisco and Arizona OR to Seattle and St. Louis. The actual home and away opponents have not yet been announced, so, while the Ravens' 2011 NFC West opponents will remain the same, the location of the games are subject to change. 2011 matchups against NFC West teams that are not confirmed appear in italics.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

6. Re: 2011 Ravens vs. NFC West schedule

Hmm, interesting policy. I guess it doesn't work both ways for West teams traveling East, because in that case, all of those destinations are in the same time zones.

7. Re: 2011 Ravens vs. NFC West schedule

THE NFL ANNOUNCED that in future years, teams will travel to either Kansas City and San Diego OR to Oakland and Denver when playing the entire AFC West, and to San Francisco and Arizona OR to Seattle and St. Louis when playing the entire NFC West.* The actual matchups have not yet been announced, so AFC West and NFC West opponents are subject to change.

Basically the NFL changed the rules so the west coast teams could cut down on traveling when playing the east coast. This schedule change happened a few years ago.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

This really fucked up our road trip plans, which had been centered around visiting the new stadium outside of Phoenix.

I'm still shaking my head over the "logic" of swapping Seattle (2329 miles from Baltimore) for Phoenix (2001 miles from Baltimore). The jet lag impact would be essentially the same.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    This really fucked up our road trip plans, which had been centered around visiting the new stadium outside of Phoenix.
    Totally agree! The Breckenridge Ravens Faithful planned on travelling to Phoenix. Screwed again!