Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Where do the Ravens look for a Pass Rusher?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Arthur Jones is going to be a player who surprises some fans with his ability to rush from the inside. The Ravens drafted him, because he has the rare athletic ability to rush from the 3-4 DE position, and still slide inside in four man fronts. He slipped to the fifth round, due to injury, but had second round talent at the very least.

He was slowing getting onto the field late last season. He is the guy who will get the most opportunities next to Ngata, to rush from the inside and I think that he will be successful.

Paul Kruger and Sergio Kindle will share opportunities to rush from the end spot in the Ravens' four man fronts. Kindle will also get opportunities to rush off the edge in the 3-4.

Jameel McClain might be used as a pass rusher more this year, someone who could rush up the middle or off the edge.
    Jones started over Redding during practice yesterday so he MAY be on his way to winning the position.

Re: Where do the Ravens look for a Pass Rusher?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    My impression, which I think jives with the numbers, is that Mattison played a conservative style that leaned toward stopping the run and keeping plays in front of defenders. They gave up a lot of completions and allowed teams up and down the field, but were stingy with their backs to the end zone.

I sense they want to go back to more of a Rex style defense. On paper that means more sacks, and more three-and outs, but also more vulnerable to the explosive plays.
    I disagree with the first sentiment but agree with the second sentiment. Our rushing YPC last was our worst in the Ravens history at 3.9ypc. Teams just didn't run as much against us for some reason. I thought our run D last year was very weak.

I do agree, considering the DB's we had, he played to keep the plays in front with soft coverages.