Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: McClain signs with Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    A little sad, but mostly because the Ravens are beginning to look very unfamiliar to me.
    Waaaa? Because of 4 - 6 players? Turnover is every year. Ravens turn over less than most teams, Ray has been here forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    How's he going to get carries there?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    The only chance that McClain will have for carries out there is if there is an injury to Thomas Jones or Jamaal Charles, both of whom were running well, as of last season.

I would like to think that this is a wake up call for McClain to dedicate himself to being the FB that he is capable of being.
    So much for carrying the ball.

Like I said, when we signed Vonta, his ticket was punched. There was NO way he was coming back.

I don't get it from his perspective. He goes from being stuck behind a great back in Rice to being stuck behind a great back in Charles.

At least here he was #2. Maybe the Leach signing was too insulting to him.

Blog Entries

I really do not think that the Ravens wanted him back at all. There was never a report of the Ravens contacting him or his agent. It sounds like he didn't have a choice, but to accept Kansas City's offer. No other team was reportedly interested.

The reality is that with the sort of powerful (run blocking) offensive line and fullback the Ravens are putting together, they would not necessarily 'need' McClain to be the power back in the #2 role. They could find several others to fill that position and Anthony Allen could very well be one of those guys.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

There he goes.
    Turn the page.

Blog Entries

Watch them use McClain as an outlet receiver. They want to turn him into a Larry Centers type fullback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Watch them use McClain as an outlet receiver. They want to turn him into a Larry Centers type fullback.
    He can't even catch the ball!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'll never forget that drop he had against Indianapolis in the playoffs. The Ravens march all the way down the field. Cam calls a nice play to get McClain open and there is only one defender close enough to him to keep him out of the end zone, a defender he could have trucked quite frankly. McClain drops the ball, the Ravens settle for a field goal and it just sets the tone for missed opportunities the entire game.

As a matter of fact, they ran the exact same play against New Orleans last year and McClain dropped the ball again. He was even more open on that play.

Is anyone getting a bit irritated that Todd Haley seems to be going after ex-Ravens? ;)

The only chance that McClain will have for carries out there is if there is an injury to Thomas Jones or Jamaal Charles, both of whom were running well, as of last season.

I would like to think that this is a wake up call for McClain to dedicate himself to being the FB that he is capable of being.
    +1 I don't know if KC is the best place for a guy who spent last season campaigning for more carries with how well their RB's played last year.

Blog Entries

He can't even catch the ball!
    He can but he drops a lot. He has been getting about 20 catches a year. They think they can double that with their offense. The last time a Ravens RB when to the Chiefs we were saying the same kind of things and Priest pretty much proved us all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The last time a Ravens RB when to the Chiefs we were saying the same kind of things and Priest pretty much proved us all wrong.
    "We"? Speak for yourself.

I remember Priest as being a very talented RB. It was simply a matter of the Ravens having a young Jamal and he was going to start for the next 5 years or so and Priest wanted to start, too.

With McClain, while I think he is talented in some respects, he isn't as "polished" as Priest was...and I also think he did some things that got him on the coaches' bad side (you never heard that about Priest). I am not trying to bash LeRon, just providing my observations/analysis.

All that being said, I wish LeRon the best of luck....