Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: OK So Maybe The CBA Won't Be Ratified...

The money grab just irritates me.

F international games.

Takes (at least) one home game away from a team each season.

More very likely to come.

That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Guys who are not dirt bags wont have a problem with what Roger does. Its simple stay the hell out of trouble and you dont have much to worry about.
    Think that its not as simple as guys who are thugs being annoyed that he has taken a hard stand

Seems that there is a lot of issues that revolve around fines etc.

I am all for cleaning up the trash, taking a stand, enforcing rules with fines but there should be a system in place in which one man is not judge, jury, and executioner and then doubles as the appeals court as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I can't understand the anti-Goodell sentiment. He has led a group of 32 widely different owners into 10 years of labor peace. He has cleaned up (somewhat) the NFL's image. Within that upcoming decade, I expect to see, under Goodell's leadership: the NFL's revenues doubled, international games expanded, TV ratings going up higher, football returned to the 2nd largest metro area, and halving the exhibition rip-off.

Betcha Goodell makes the HOF before Tags!
    That's the good (sorta)...here's the bad:

Nobody except for him and people outside of the US want international games
    Fuck a 18 game schedule
    The NFL can have it's name changed to the TFL (Touch Football League)
    He over fines players for hits.
    People love football...I can't sit here and give him all the credit for the NFL revenues.
    He displays himself as a no good backstabbing con.
    He doesn't care about the fans he just cares about the $$$.
    Fuck Goodell.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Wink Re: OT: OK So Maybe The CBA Won't Be Ratified...

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    F international games.

Takes (at least) one home game away from a team each season.
    Not, under the 17 or 18 game format. Anyway, I would rather enjoy a road trip to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    he takes the NFL's popularity for granted. You can see a trend downward for the league.

Slipping? Really? Tell that to the broadcast networks: "Of the 20 highest-rated telecasts of any kind so far this television season, 18 have been N.F.L. games on CBS, NBC or Fox."

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Fuck a 18 game schedule.
    Fuck having to pay full price for two home meaningless exhibition rip-offs. The 18 game season will cut that scam in half
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Fuck having to pay full price for two home meaningless exhibition rip-offs. The 18 game season will cut that scam in half
    The 18 game schedule will also fatigue the players more as they have stated and just open it up for injuries late in the season with potentially them missing the playoffs. Why not just cut the preseason ticket cost in half? We get half of product on the field so why not pay half price? Easy fix.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Why not just cut the preseason ticket cost in half? We get half of product on the field so why not pay half price? Easy fix.
    I don't disagree. But NFL greed (players + owners) won't allow that to happen.

If their economic model is based on ten home games per season, it makes a lot more sense to me, as a paying fan, to get to see nine games and just one exhibition for the same season ticket package.

I don't particularly care for a full season of Thursday night football, or relocating an existing franchise to LA, but both are likely to also happen. It's a business.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I dont like the 17 or 18 game season. I think it waters down the importance of each regular season game.

And I understand the ripoff of preseason. But the truth of the matter is not all of those owners need those games to be financially solvent. I wonder what would happen if each team/owner was given the choice in the matter based ont heir own financial position?

It would be interesting to see what teams do with the preseason. The ones that are greedy or need them, can have them, or require season ticket holders to purchase.

The teams that need the revenue/want "game situation" practice can schedule it and charge what they like.

Likewise, it would be interesting to see if/what teams from a personnel standpoint would really use preseason games, and which ones wouild prefer to rest their guys...