Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Finally made the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Our sincerest apologies for trying to keep content here generally high quality.

- C -
    sorry, psu - that ain't what I been seeing from most of the mods here...not even close. I sincerely wish it was the case.
    Last edited by MachineJerk; 08-27-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The beauty of America is that if this forum is not pleasant for any of our members, you are free to return to Sunspot. Or perhaps Scout would be worth checking out.
    I am really sorry you got your feelings hurt in the skin's game thread because people disagreed with you in a rational way...

judging by the way you decided to throw your weight around, perhaps moderating doesn't suit your disposition? I just want to see you happy & pleasant too.

Machine, your responses show you don't get it. And if you think your cutsey little responses are doing anything, they aren't.

If you don't like it here, and you don't like how we are moderating this forum, then leave. It's that plain and simple. Sunspot is right over there.

But don't make whiny comments about this forum and not expect what you got. That will not fly here.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Machine, your responses show you don't get it. And if you think your cutsey little responses are doing anything, they aren't.

If you don't like it here, and you don't like how we are moderating this forum, then leave. It's that plain and simple. Sunspot is right over there.

But don't make whiny comments about this forum and not expect what you got. That will not fly here.
    oh, I get it.

My responses are 100% sincere as is my football talk. Characterizing my posts as "whining" feels like a cutesy insult as well, when in fact everything I have posted is in true to my knowledge and earnest in intent.

I made my point in my sincere replies and am going about my business now - not interested in a pissing contest with you no matter how much you continue to bait me.
    Last edited by MachineJerk; 08-27-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MachineJerk View Post
    My responses are 100% sincere as is my football talk. Characterizing my posts as "whining" feels like a cutesy insult as well, when in fact everything I have posted is in true to my knowledge and earnest in intent.
    C'mon man, do you think we just don't share what's going on with each other? Your "why don't you just exhibit a brain cell?" post wasn't seen by all of us, or are you contending that it was as sincere as your football talk?

This board has been relatively high content for several years. We've had a huge influx of posters over the last few weeks, and we're all working hard to keep it high content and low tension. We've had fights on this board before, and all of the mods - including us new ones - have been involved in squabbles at different times. Each of us new mods have had disciplinary action taken against posts we've made in the past.

We hold people to a higher standard here. The reason people - like you - wanted to migrate over here is because Sunspot took little action on things and/or moderated inconsistently and fostered an environment of allowing significant amounts of garbage content compared with the amount of quality. We don't roll that way, and frankly it's not gonna bother us much if you hate the way we moderate this board and want to leave. The old mods have always been unafraid and unashamed to take action where necessary, and us new ones are using the same standards.

In general, if you want to be a bit nasty to someone, as long as you're not being abusive, and making a reasonable point, the mods will let it by. If you'd like examples, do some searches for Gaither, Emmitt Smith and Mark Clayton conversations I've had with Jeremiah W over the last few years. However, if you're simply going to get nasty or generally whine about things, we're only going to let that stand for so long. Those rules applied to us for years, they apply to you now.

And as was mentioned, if you don't like that, feel free to go back to Sunspot.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

wow - I keep trying to move on...

I freely admit to making one out of line, too sharp remark and had a reasonable exchange with the mod about that error and another one when I made a really, really bad error when I 1st joined - no sweat on either of those and neither was at all what I complained about by any means.

I didn't realize if I made a sincere unfavorable comment regarding the administration of the site in a couple of particular instances I truly felt were out of hand I was breaking a rule and would be ganged up on by multiple mods, rudely addressed, derided and told to leave.

I will try to find the TOS here and highlight that particular rule and adhere to all the necessary rules in order to maintain my membership in good standing here - is that OK? will you guys just leave me alone now? (unless I violate a rule, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by MachineJerk View Post
    is that an insult? I certainly feel insulted. Aren't you breaking some kind of rule with your "uber" rude comments? Who's moderating you? Are you getting points for this post?

You should read your own sig. and pay heed.
    The irony of this post made me giggle a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The irony of this post made me giggle a bit.
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    C'mon man, do you think we just don't share what's going on with each other? Your "why don't you just exhibit a brain cell?" post wasn't seen by all of us, or are you contending that it was as sincere as your football talk?- C -
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinejerk
    I freely admit to making one out of line, too sharp remark and had a reasonable exchange with the mod about that error and another one when I made a really, really bad error when I 1st joined - no sweat on either of those and neither was at all what I complained about by any means.
    The funny thing is that for someone supposedly "throwing my weight around", and without the disposition to moderate, I chose to give a no-point warning to you on this instead of a full-blown infraction; which was well within my right as a moderator to do. Not to mention the fact I could have easily handed them out in the Skins thread rather than just give the warning I did. So as I said, we can cut with the dramatic posts about us moderating the forum.

I will try to find the TOS here and highlight that particular rule and adhere to all the necessary rules in order to maintain my membership in good standing here - is that OK?
    This would be fantastic, and appreciated. Case and thread closed.

MJ, feel free to take this up via PM with any of us if you want to address it further.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid