Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith & Tandon Doss Impressing at Camp

good to hear. Hope we hear similar reports after the veterans are out there with them

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

David Reed and Derrick Mason do have the same skill set. The Ravens have used Daivd Reed on special teams, similarly to the way Tennessee used Mason when they drafted him. Reed could be considered a younger Mason, like Mason in his Titans' days.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

What we didn't hear about Justin Harper, Marcus Smith and Demetrius Williams is that they were spending extra time in the film room to study the system. What we also did not hear about either of them is that they ran good routes or consistently caught the ball.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Whatever.

No 2d/3d/whatever round WR ever worked before, from which we can deduce that Smith and Doss won't work out either.

I get it. Why waste time arguing, I concede now, they are the suxxorz, as are all our future WR draft picks.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Can this be put in the training camp thread?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Whatever.

No 2d/3d/whatever round WR ever worked before, from which we can deduce that Smith and Doss won't work out either.

I get it. Why waste time arguing, I concede now, they are the suxxorz, as are all our future WR draft picks.
    Lighten up.... I still think the Ravens will add a veteran WR. You dont sink big money into a #2 receiver when you just drafted two guys with promise until you know one way or another if they will work out. There is only so much money to spread around.

[Moderator note: Killing this picture cause it's killing the format of this thread...please find a smaller one to repost]
    Last edited by psuasskicker; 08-01-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    David Reed and Derrick Mason do have the same skill set. The Ravens have used Daivd Reed on special teams, similarly to the way Tennessee used Mason when they drafted him. Reed could be considered a younger Mason, like Mason in his Titans' days.
    Ah, but a young Mason no longer exists, it's now an old Mason. What Derrick did in his Titans' days doesn't factor into the equation now. The age difference alone makes for a somewhat different skill set between he and David Reed in the present day. I do consider kick returns and ST participation to be part of a player's skill set, so that may account for some of the difference in our views.

Still curious as to whether Mason will come back at reduced rate. I honestly have mixed feelings about the prospect.

There wasn't a smaller "Why so serious" out there on the whole internet?

I don't have any confidence any of the veteran WRs out there, still available, will be an upgrade over Smith. Why bend over backward to sign Floyd? No thanks. We have Smith and can press Reed into service if necessary. If we are going to add another WR it might as well be Mason, in my humble opinion, though it may be we don't even need one.

I'd sooner add a blocking TE, if we have to choose.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    sorry, bro. I'm jaded from the many WR that were drafted in the 3rd-7th rounds, yet never made a start for this team. The list is too long to regurgitate right now. Then we have our hated rivals north of the Mason-Dixon who get 3rd round draft picks to play like 1st rounders.
    That's maybe because the hated rivals let their young WRs on the field and allowed their QB to actually throw them the ball.

It all sounds good but you can't teach a player how to make a big play in an NFL game.......and until they make big plays they are just another WR in the NFL.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That's maybe because the hated rivals let their young WRs on the field and allowed their QB to actually throw them the ball.
    Yes, this is it......you are so right. But I don't think that Harbs or Flacco had enough confidence in Dickson, for example, last year to throw to him a the clutch. Roethlisberger, say what you want, has made those huge plays by going to a Holmes or a Wallace, even though they were not proven....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

If Torrey Smith is running with the first team, either he is doing really well or James Hardy is doing really bad. That did not take long at all.