Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Which team will be worse to first?

Buffalo is going to shock the football world.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Cardinals

But, despite them not being last in their division last year, I'm going to say Lions. If Minnesota didn't melt down, the Lions would've been last and they're going to shock people this year.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Vikings or Cardinals. The others have zero shot.

Some of these don't seem as far fetched as many would think. I mean, there's only 16 games in a season, and crazy things happen.

AFC East: Buffalo Bills (4-12)
    Absolutely no way. Two way race between Jets and Pats with Dolphins playing spoiler.

AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals (4-12)
    This is not as far-fetched as it might seem. Fairly decent draft, and Gradkowski is a solid journeyman QB. They also still have a ton of cap room, so they could make some surprise additions. AFCN also plays NFCW which can help their record. But it still would really require a collapse of the Ravens and Steelers and fluke losses.

AFC South: Tennessee Titans (6-10)
    Possible, if Manning has to miss crucial games. But I call Texans to finally get it done.

AFC West: Denver Broncos (4-12)
    I expect the Chiefs to be the team to beat this year. But Kyle Orton is a good QB and if John Fox gets the defense in shape and San Diego collapses like last year... it's possible.

NFC East: Washington Redskins (6-10)
    I would gladly eat Dan Snyder's shoes if John Beck somehow managed to win them the division against the now super star Eagles. Zero chance, especially since the Cowboys finally have a halfway decent coach.

NFC North: Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
    Not gonna happen. Detroit's on the upswing, Chicago is solid, and the Packers are probably the best and deepest team in the conference.

NFC South: Carolina Panthers (2-14)
    No way. Three playoff level teams in one division. Sorry.

NFC West: Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
    This is such a pathetic division that it could happen. Although I'd expect the Rams to come out on top.

vikes

Blog Entries

Buffalo picked up Tygpen as a back up - Gailey has always loved him since KC. They also got Brad Smith from the Jets to play some wildcat and WR. This will make their offense more dynamic while also hurting two of their division opponents.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Buffalo also drafted Marcel Dareus, which should help their run defense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    For 8 years in a row and 10 of the last 11, a team that finished last in their division the previous year has won it. Below are the last place finishers from last season.

Who do you think has the best chance at winning their division and why?

AFC East: Buffalo Bills (4-12)
    AFC North: Cincinnati Bengals (4-12)
    AFC South: Tennessee Titans (6-10)
    AFC West: Denver Broncos (4-12)
    NFC East: Washington Redskins (6-10)
    NFC North: Minnesota Vikings (6-10)
    NFC South: Carolina Panthers (2-14)
    NFC West: Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
    Cards have the best chance I guess, but do not write off the Vikings.

I think McNabb could do what Favre did for them. They are in a tough division, but they have the talent to make a run if McNabb can have a good season.

The Titans are another team that was recently a top seed in the playoffs, had a QB disaster and fell off. Hasselbeck could be this year's version of Kerry Collins a few years ago. Another tough division, but that can actually be a good thing, making it unlikely any team is able to run away with it and 10-11 wins can get it done.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Buffalo also drafted Marcel Dareus, which should help their run defense.
    Bills just signed LB Nick Barnett from the Packers. They could make some noise but tough division.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Bills just signed LB Nick Barnett from the Packers. They could make some noise but tough division.
    The Bills are doomed, they are suffering the curse of chasing Bill Polian out of town.

Wow tough list.

The Bills still don't have enough fire power to get it done.

Cincinnati just disemboweled themselves.

The Titans are fighting with Chris Johnson and will be breaking in an experienced but battered and injury prone QB who may or may not have Kenny Britt to throw too.

The Broncos have some promise, John Fox will be a good fit in Denver and he'll want to come out of the gate strong. Tebow had a good showing last year and will only improved with more snaps as the starter this year and McGahee will add instant improvement to the run game.

Washington is still undergoing face lift surgery and will be ready for the recovery room by seasons end... maybe.

Minnesota could be exciting with the addition of McNabb, they've got the tools to make it happen but they they have to keep the QB healthy. McNabb is still a very dangerous and viable QB with the right scheme and the proper protection, but once he starts getting dinged up his value drops dramatically. It will be interesting.

Panthers, that's easy... Cam Newton is not the answer.

AZ, they've got a good TE out there now, but even he won't be able to get them over the top. Good Luck HEAP!!!

I'm taking Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Maniac View Post
    Wow tough list.

The Bills still don't have enough fire power to get it done.

Cincinnati just disemboweled themselves.

The Titans are fighting with Chris Johnson and will be breaking in an experienced but battered and injury prone QB who may or may not have Kenny Britt to throw too.

The Broncos have some promise, John Fox will be a good fit in Denver and he'll want to come out of the gate strong. Tebow had a good showing last year and will only improved with more snaps as the starter this year and McGahee will add instant improvement to the run game.

Washington is still undergoing face lift surgery and will be ready for the recovery room by seasons end... maybe.

Minnesota could be exciting with the addition of McNabb, they've got the tools to make it happen but they they have to keep the QB healthy. McNabb is still a very dangerous and viable QB with the right scheme and the proper protection, but once he starts getting dinged up his value drops dramatically. It will be interesting.

Panthers, that's easy... Cam Newton is not the answer.

AZ, they've got a good TE out there now, but even he won't be able to get them over the top. Good Luck HEAP!!!

I'm taking Minnesota.
    Doubt any of them goes worst to first this year to be honest but if you forced me to put money on it ...Minnesota would have to be my pick if say Aaron Rodgers went down early in the year etc