Rookie Camp Notes ~ AM and PM Sessions

Getting to know you....

Observations from the 11AM practice today: ROOKIE MINI-CAMP AM

ROOKIE CAMP PM
    Last edited by TL24x7; 05-04-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Re: Rookie Camp Notes ~ AM Session

Thanks Tony!

I've been dying to hear something about today's Rookie Camp... as usually you are there to report it. Thanks!:)

THanks for the report Tony. Was Kyle Tatum RT (Alabama) 6-7, 311 there?

Also one small typo in your report:

He is every bit of the reported 6’in height.
    At 6 inches Troy may have some problems seeing over the line :)

Isn't Cullen Finnerty signed to a minimum contract?

I'm glad to hear Troy Smith is determined and looking good

Having suffered through living in cleveland from fall 2000 until the august 2005 or so...I've had to see a lot of things i don't like.

That said, watching ohio state games...that's really taken over for the Browns in the mistake by the lake. And I can tolerate that, so I've seen a TONS of ohio state, along with seeing OSU v. Illinois @ Illinois this year.

Troy Smith came in and busted his rear and took the starting job from super-recruit Zwick after not even being promised a spot or position on the team. After a mistake in taking something around $500 from a booster (think LBJ accidentally taking the retro jersies) and serving his time, he really matured.

Every time he has an interview or has the opportunity to speak to the media he's probably about the most impressive I have seen for a player in his position. He was the heart and soul of his Ohio State team and everyone loved him. His teammates raved about his intangibles, his coaches loved him and so did all of the fans. For instance, his senior year he really developed into more of a pocket passer and using his feet to buy time over taking off down the field. I am really impressed with the kid.

I really think he's got the chance to develop into a starter if given the opportunity to work and prove himself. As far as a true leader I couldn't hope for a better guy at the QB position.

Glad to see the 1st practice went well throwing and following some semblance of the Ravens offense. I am very excited to see more of Troy Smith.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 05-04-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Re: Rookie Camp Notes ~ AM and PM Sessions

Sweet