Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Re: Predict Ravens record

Thanks for doing this Beau. It will be interesting to see if/how the predictions change after pre-season.

As an NFL Fan:

NFC West Conference = 4-0
    AFC North Conference = 4-2
    AFC South = 3-1
    NYJ + SD = 1-1

Total = 12-4

As a Ravens Fan:

NFC West Conference = 4-0
    AFC North Conference = 4-2
    AFC South = 4-0
    NYJ + SD = 2-0

Total = 14-2

I tried to stay as neutral as possible in this one. Do I think we will beat both NYJ and SD? Yes. We have a history of beating both of those teams on the road, and you guys know how well we play at home.

For Indy, I think this could be the year. Peyton is coming off a surgery and a lot of their great football minds (Tom Moore, Howard Mudd) have gone elsewhere. The Ravens pass rush and secondary have gotten a lot better since the two teams met. I expect a good fight. As for the rest of the AFC South, I expect Houston to put up a good fight similar to last year, but still lose in the end. Jag's and Titans have no hope against us.

NFC West is the NFC West. Should be no problem.

As for our division, the bengals should be the easiest team to beat. The browns got a little bit better, but still have a young Colt Mccoy at QB. Now the steelers. To make it as realistic as possible, I gave the steeler's the benefit of the doubt. However, I made our record 4-2 in the division which means those two losses could be seperate teams (Hopefully). Either way a total record of 13-3 is my guess after averaging the two. A very good record that could land us a home playoff spot.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

ActualSB--
    Welp, notwithstanding Ozzie's reticence in calling me back with his TV viewing habits, I took "unless Ozzie stops watching re-runs of the "The Real Housewives of Orange County" and actually starts doing his job, I would say 0 - 16" as an 0-16 prediction!

[Note: No names were changed to protect the innocent...]

pyite32--
    I woulda thunk youlda wanted a ---oh, man, this is sooooo bad! -- py chart!:bag: ;)

P-58--
    Ce n'est pas grave, mon ami, and I completely agree with the question of perspectives changing after preseason is done, the roster is finalized, injuries are counted up (hopefully a non-issue), and so forth. When I was reading a lot of the threads about a month ago, it felt like the Ravens would be lucky to score a touchdown, much less win a game - no FB, no backup QB, no WR experience besides Boldin, no TEs that can block or catch, no RTs....yeeee-oowwwwww!

After 3 more games, let's see if the temp has changed.

13-3
    if we get a decent rt
    10-6 if we don't

10-6

Steelers Sweep us

Colts destroy us as usual

San Diego Beats us, People forget(or just never cared to look up the facts) but, the chargers had the number one total offense and defense of the regular season last year.

Houston Wrecks our secondary again, this time we don't get so lucky

Rams, every year we manage to lose to a team we are better than this year its the Rams. Last year it was the Bengal's the year before that it was the Patriots, the year before that it was Titans and so on.

Yo Beau,

13-3

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreson View Post
    10-6

Steelers Sweep us

Colts destroy us as usual

San Diego Beats us, People forget(or just never cared to look up the facts) but, the chargers had the number one total offense and defense of the regular season last year.

Houston Wrecks our secondary again, this time we don't get so lucky

Rams, every year we manage to lose to a team we are better than this year its the Rams. Last year it was the Bengal's the year before that it was the Patriots, the year before that it was Titans and so on.
    Stop being so optimistic. It's sickening.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Stop being so optimistic. It's sickening.
    Well he was on a roll.

12 - 4

The change from Mattison to Pagano is a significant improvement. It is only exhibition, but the Ravens' defense looks like the Ravens' defense again. Offensively, Mason was a very good player, but his absence will be addition by subtraction. The OL was not good last year, defense had only 27 sacks, and the team was still 12 - 4. There does not appear to be any area of this team that is not at least as good as LY (maybe loss of Heap), and several areas that are clearly improved.
    Last edited by Honest John; 08-23-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Ravens 11-5

Bumping it up a game to 11-5 since previous thread.
    Like the changes, hope they have time to take effect.

I am still in it!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!