Welp, I've been nosing around a bunch of threads, and I think it just might be time for a thread to put our predictions where our worries are! (How's THAT for a mangled adage? :D)

For the benefit of anyone who gives a flying rat's petard, or is unfamiliar with what I used to do on the SunSpot Forum, here's the deal --

Many (most? all?) of us have pretty strong feelings about how well the Ravens will do. It seems to me that the perception(s) we have of the team and its eventual success or failure often get motivated by a "What happened lately?" view of the team's activities. Dab's "Are we better or worse" thread hit me like a Bert Jones pass over the middle into my forehead that it's time to document for posterity (or posteriors) the current thinking on how well the Ravens will do in the upcoming 2011-2012 season.

More of the deal -- I want to get predictions on what everyone thinks the Ravens regular season record will be for this season. I'll start another thread like this one AFTER training camp is over and before the 1st regular season game, asking again for predictions.

Benefits of these threads -- At the very least, it offers a chance to look back during the season when a "fight" breaks out in a thread, where someone posts that the NEVER said the Ravens wouldn't win (or lose) x number of games. It's useful when a potser says "I TOLD ya so!" and we can check back to see what was said. IMHO, it's also instructive to see how opinions change (or not) as the roster changes, as the FA's get signed (or not), as the injuries occur (or not) and the Next Man has to stand up, etc.

So, the rules--
1) Post your prediction for the Ravens for 2011-2012 REGULAR season.

2) Please make a single prediction - it's difficult to summarize when I get "between 8 and 12 wins". :D Plus, that doesn't tell me much.

3) That being said, please feel free to add comments or extra conditions, post-season predictions, etc.

4) Do NOT "edit" your predictions. Some may actually think that you waffled on your initial guess and went back after the fact just to make your prediction look good. ;) If you do want to change your guess, just make a second post with any update(s).

I'll create a Word file with the summarized results, and make it (or the results) available throughout the year or on request.

Have fun, and GO RAVENS!!