Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Predict Ravens record

Welp, I've been nosing around a bunch of threads, and I think it just might be time for a thread to put our predictions where our worries are! (How's THAT for a mangled adage? :D)

For the benefit of anyone who gives a flying rat's petard, or is unfamiliar with what I used to do on the SunSpot Forum, here's the deal --

Many (most? all?) of us have pretty strong feelings about how well the Ravens will do. It seems to me that the perception(s) we have of the team and its eventual success or failure often get motivated by a "What happened lately?" view of the team's activities. Dab's "Are we better or worse" thread hit me like a Bert Jones pass over the middle into my forehead that it's time to document for posterity (or posteriors) the current thinking on how well the Ravens will do in the upcoming 2011-2012 season.

More of the deal -- I want to get predictions on what everyone thinks the Ravens regular season record will be for this season. I'll start another thread like this one AFTER training camp is over and before the 1st regular season game, asking again for predictions.

Benefits of these threads -- At the very least, it offers a chance to look back during the season when a "fight" breaks out in a thread, where someone posts that the NEVER said the Ravens wouldn't win (or lose) x number of games. It's useful when a potser says "I TOLD ya so!" and we can check back to see what was said. IMHO, it's also instructive to see how opinions change (or not) as the roster changes, as the FA's get signed (or not), as the injuries occur (or not) and the Next Man has to stand up, etc.

So, the rules--
    1) Post your prediction for the Ravens for 2011-2012 REGULAR season.

2) Please make a single prediction - it's difficult to summarize when I get "between 8 and 12 wins". :D Plus, that doesn't tell me much.

3) That being said, please feel free to add comments or extra conditions, post-season predictions, etc.

4) Do NOT "edit" your predictions. Some may actually think that you waffled on your initial guess and went back after the fact just to make your prediction look good. ;) If you do want to change your guess, just make a second post with any update(s).

I'll create a Word file with the summarized results, and make it (or the results) available throughout the year or on request.

Have fun, and GO RAVENS!!

Re: Premier -- The Great Perception Experiment Thread

Hey BP! it's SUJ - I don't smoke anymore, so a new handle was in order.

9-7 wildcard

mediocre start builds to an exciting playoff push.
    Last edited by MachineJerk; 07-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.

I say they go 10-6 and make it to the wildcard round as a 6th seed (our Superbowl). There we will destroy whichever team wins the AFC West and then move on to the divisional round where we will somehow choke against the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Nothing has happened to change my perception of the team. We are a 10-12 win team again this year and I think the division is ours for the taking. As long as we stay healthy.

The only thing that worries me is Karma. Black Monday might create some bad Karma for us.

12-4.

Our schedule is pretty weak and I think Flacco is gonna be really good this year.

Ozzie will fill this roster up.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

SUJ--
    Welcome to the Show! (even though you've got more posts than I! ;))

I hope you and the rest of the crazies here find this exercise useful. I've found the Pre-1st regular season set of guesses has been generally very accurate.

BTW, congrats on your cessation. Here's hoping it leads to better health for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MachineJerk View Post
    Hey BP! it's SUJ - I don't smoke anymore, so a new handle was in order.

9-7 wildcard

mediocre start builds to an exciting playoff push.
    Congrats on quitting Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    SUJ--
    Welcome to the Show! (even though you've got more posts than I! ;))

I hope you and the rest of the crazies here find this exercise useful. I've found the Pre-1st regular season set of guesses has been generally very accurate.

BTW, congrats on your cessation. Here's hoping it leads to better health for you!
    Thank you kind sir, it'll be 2 years off of them in Nov. after 30 years on. And a hearty welcome to you as well.

always have found these very fun & informative - no changing your tune when it's posted in pixels! I always like to go back & read the reasoning more than the numbers 'cause the season always plays out in a unique way.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Congrats on quitting Johnny
    Thank you! 40 years old & 2 sons under 5 years old makes a man change some things...and welcome as well Ed
    Last edited by MachineJerk; 07-30-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Oh 11-5 regular season record. Deep run into the playoffs where the Superbowl participant will be decided against either the Steelers, Jets or Pats. Today I am leaning towards the Steelers cause I am not so sure how the morale of the Jets will be affected by the whole Nnamdi thing and I think Fat Albert can screw up even the Pats.

10. Re: Premier -- The Great Perception Experiment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I say they go 10-6 and make it to the wildcard round as a 6th seed (our Superbowl). There we will destroy whichever team wins the AFC West and then move on to the divisional round where we will somehow choke against the Steelers.
    Wow was that fucking depressing.

11-5

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Wow was that fucking depressing.
    lol.