Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Training Camp Thread

Now, there can be one thread for FA/Trade transactions and one thread for training camp updates.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp Thread

I hear that Lardarius Webb and Dominique Foxworth have been running with the first team defense. I wonder how long it will be before Smith takes the starting spot from Foxworth?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Despite the fact that everyone seems ready to shovel dirt on Foxworth, I'm going to go out on a limb here....

Foxworth is starting Week 1
    Foxworth is starting Week 8 (barring injury to himself)

Jimmy Smith, while having a ton of potential, is still a rookie. That means there's a lot to get acclimated to. I saw notes saying in 1 on 1 drills, Torrey Smith beat him twice. If he's getting beat by a rookie WR, imagine what Mike Wallace might do. I think he'll just need time...

and Webb...while we're all hopeful of his skills, can anyone forget the last play we saw him on? I'm speaking of the 53 yard bomb to a Steelers WR whose name I can't even remember, which practically sealed the game for the Steelers. Webb wasn't able to cover him worth a nickel.

Foxworth, while maybe overpaid, is a very smart guy, a very well experienced CB in the league, he's going to bring a lot of knowledge to Jimmy Smith. He was playing pretty well at the end of 09. I think he keeps a starting spot in Week 1, all the way through at least midseason, if not longer.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Just remember that when the Ravens draft a defender in the first round, they tend to start a lot in their first season.

Blog Entries

just because Smith isnt one of the 2 starting CB doesnt mean he wont be on the field quite a bit. With the teams we play this year that like to throw the ball we will be in Nickel quite a bit

Blog Entries

How has Flacco looked thus far? Has he been targeting Boldin? I'm hoping that with Mason potentially not coming back this could be a year that Boldin has over 1000 yards for us.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How has Flacco looked thus far? Has he been targeting Boldin? I'm hoping that with Mason potentially not coming back this could be a year that Boldin has over 1000 yards for us.
    If the Cleveland game last year was any indicator I would say yes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    If the Cleveland game last year was any indicator I would say yes.
    Is that David Reed, the man who will soon return from the PUP list and claim his starting spot, in your avatar? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Just remember that when the Ravens draft a defender in the first round, they tend to start a lot in their first season.
    I would wager Jimmy Smith starts all year. But I would wager Foxworth starts as well. Its Webb that I think gets bumped to nickel when Smith is ready.

SIAP, this seems as good a place as any to post these:

RavensInsider Aaron Wilson
    Michael Oher on Jah Reid: 'He's looking great. He's going to be able to help the team this year.'

Michael Oher on Jah Reid cont.: "He's physical, has all the tools. He has the right mindset.'

Sounds promising. Btw, this place is so much better than the Sun board.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Is that David Reed, the man who will soon return from the PUP list and claim his starting spot, in your avatar? lol.
    Indeed it is. I recently found that purple kool-aid you have been passing around.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    SIAP, this seems as good a place as any to post these:

Michael Oher on Jah Reid: 'He's looking great. He's going to be able to help the team this year.'

Michael Oher on Jah Reid cont.: "He's physical, has all the tools. He has the right mindset.'

Sounds promising. Btw, this place is so much better than the Sun board.
    That's what I like to here. First Pre-Season game will be exciting.