Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Calling a Spade a Spade

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The reality is that this offense is The Joe Flacco Show. It has to be. You can't win with a journeyman QB anymore.

If Flacco is going to take that next step then he's got the perfect opportunity to do so with this offense. No Heap, No Mason, No McGahee, No McClain. Joe's the top dog right now with Boldin & Rice.
    yep! ...and his contract is not far off - so if he is NOT the guy, they need to know. Would put us in an entirely different building cycle very fast.

Blog Entries

I happen to think that the team has got better this off-season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

3. Re: Calling a Spade a Spade

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Kruger is almost a bust, and sure Kindle's situation is unfortunate but it is what it is... a big question mark (Also much earlier Cody was bust).
    Dude, your comments about Kruger and Cody are idiotic. To call these guys busts, especially Cody, is incredibly short-sighted and uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Dude, your comments about Kruger and Cody are idiotic. To call these guys busts, especially Cody, is incredibly short-sighted and uninformed.
    Pretty sure he was talking about Dan Cody.

PP

Yes I was talking about pass rushers so Dan Cody..

Kruger might not be a 'bust' yet but he is disappointing. Its basically make it or break for him.

Relax fellow Hokie...

6. Re: Calling a Spade a Spade

Thought you were talking about Mount Cody. This is really the year for Kruger for me. No Pryce in front of him, should make playing time for himself. With the position change and veterans in front of him, I think it's premature still to make any "bust" statements.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Thought you were talking about Mount Cody. This is really the year for Kruger for me. No Pryce in front of him, should make playing time for himself. With the position change and veterans in front of him, I think it's premature still to make any "bust" statements.
    The kid's got heart, but you need more for this game. Like a spleen.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I think this is very likely to be the case. Ozzie can't ignore two huge facts: 1) the team needs to get younger, and 2) he has to look forward at potential cap issues next year.

Yes, Ozzie may think these young guys are ready ...or at least he hopes they are. I suspect it's a gamble he feels must be taken. The other option is to mortgage the farm to "win now". Arguably the Ravens are indeed a team built to "win now" -- but -- what if they decided to blow everything on one or two high-priced FA's and STILL fail to reach the Super Bowl? Where would that leave us in 2012 and beyond? The needs of the present have to be balanced against the needs of the future.

That said, we still have time in this FA period and it's possible something interesting will happen.
    :word

I happen to agree with the general tone of the thread that this team will be going much younger and I'm good with it. It's had to happen at some point. Fortunately, we're not relying on a unproven 6th rd'er to step into a crucial role (Harewood could be the exception).

I'm with Eternal Ring and feel that this is a better team.....potentially. I can see this team being a better team by the end of the year because the young players will bring more athleticism to the field. I liked the older players that were released but I felt the team (defense more specifically) was losing its athletic edge and the young guys can bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    If it were Heap or Mason... I'd want Heap back.

And maybe just sign one cheap vet WR to solidify the group.
    I would prefer Heap also instead of Mason. Is Floyd still available? Maybe he could be the right price vet WR that we need.

I agree we will get our guys in time but I will say that its time to snag a CB fast. With NNamdi signing now done, I expect these guys to start falling like dominos ...dont want to be the one caught with their pants down.

12. Re: Calling a Spade a Spade

What I was saying is that last year we had very little rookie contribution, not that that should be the basis for which a final opinion on a draft class is made.

I think this year's improvements might be striking if we get a reasonable level of performance from our rookie draftees and see meaningful contributions for the first time for second and third-year draftees.