Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 1 - Pitt - Tickets?

Myself, Irishraven and another friend are making the trip over form Ireland for the season opener. It will be my much anticipated first game at M&T! :ww:

Wondering where would be best to pick up three tickets? Online or through a season ticket holder?

Any help is much appreciated!

Re: Week 1 - Pitt - Tickets?

you can find them online but they are marked up considerably. My seats are 60 face and they are up for 200 for seats in my section on the ticket exchange. Hopefully someone here can help you out.
    Section 536
    Since 2002
    Dont Touch The Railing!!!

Very doubtful that you'd find any tickets close to face value tix for the Steelers game, James. While it's one of the best games to attend, it's also the one in the highest demand -- if the stadium held 100,000, it would fill up for this game. Some people use this game to finance a large portion of their season ticket costs by scalping the tickets at very high prices.

It's a very longshot, but I may have three available on Sept 11th; if so, you can have them at cost (about $80 IIRC). My son gets married Sept 10th evening and it's possible that, of my long list of relatives and friends who have asked for Steelers game tix before, perhaps no one wants them due to the late hour of the reception. My waiting list of friends and relatives (over a decade old) would get first dibs, but, since you are being accompanied by my Irish friend who entertained us so well at Dublin's Temple Bar a few years ago, I'll check out what is the demand over the next few weeks -- however, if you see tickets for 150% of face value, pounce on them.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mista T, how the hell are ya?:ire:

If you have tickets we are definitely interested. PM either myself or James RE: Price and availability :respect

Wink Re: Week 1 - Pitt - Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    PM either myself or James RE: Price and availability :respect
    It will take a few weeks before I'll be able to give you an answer. We normally don't get into which family member or friends gets our original upper deck seats until the week or two prior to each game. Pull the trigger if you see reasonably (over) priced tix elsewhere because I may not be able to deliver -- remember, I don't ordinarily sell my Ravens tix, but would make an exception for Irish friends.

The price is the ticket price to me: $75 to $80 range, IIRC.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    My waiting list of friends and relatives (over a decade old) would get first dibs, but, since you are being accompanied by my Irish friend who entertained us so well at Dublin's Temple Bar a few years ago, I'll check out what is the demand over the next few weeks -- however, if you see tickets for 150% of face value, pounce on them.
    I was there that night in Temple Bar too

Thanks for the advice and the ticket offer. We're looking at getting somewhere around the 200/100's near the endzone corner. Tickets for section 119 are listed at around $300. We might just jump on some now to ensure we get decent seats.

Is it worth hanging on to try get single game tickets from ticketmaster when the go on sale next week?

Quote Originally Posted by James R(aven) View Post
    Is it worth hanging on to try get single game tickets from ticketmaster when the go on sale next week?
    To save hundreds of dollars: absolutely. Even though your chances are <1%. Be prepared to break your group up. I'll put in for extras for you when the PSL owners get 1st crack at singles later this week. Still <1%.

Suggestion: aim high, at least upper or lower sidelines, even club seats. You may find less competition than ohers going for cheaper seats. I believe that, for most games, one can buy scalped club seats for only a few bucks more than lower deck seats. There's a huge difference in what you get for your money in the club section.

Blog Entries

There's a huge difference in what you get for your money in the club section.
    the only differance I see is you pay 2-3 times as much for club seats and all you get is the option to go into the AC/Heat if you need it, an escalater, and snobby fans that look at you weird if you stand up and cheer the entire game.

Wink Re: Week 1 - Pitt - Tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    the only differance I see is you pay 2-3 times as much for club seats and all you get is the option to go into the AC/Heat if you need it, an escalater, and snobby fans that look at you weird if you stand up and cheer the entire game.
    I wasn't talking about talking about face value tickets. My context, which perhaps could have been more clear, is that scalped club seats can often be purchased within $50 or less more than lowers. (The % of profits to the scalper is significantly less for clubs seats.)

I usually get away with face value or below uppers on road trips. When that hasn't been an option, I have sometimes purchased club seats for road games at prices cheaper than similarly located general admission tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    all you get is the option to go into the AC/Heat if you need it, an escalater, and snobby fans that look at you weird if you stand up and cheer the entire game.

"all" you get? Huh? these are pretty valuable extras. btw: The cheapest club seats are about 50% higher than the most expensive uppers.

As to the escalators & going into the AC/Heat, I think they are worth every penny of the club seat price.

As far as the snobby fans: it happens at any seat in the stadium, not just the club seats. I used to sit on row 1 of upper deck and have been the object of derision from fans sitting behind me. It happens anywhere where people stand up to block the view of people sitting behind them. I have sat in every location in our stadium except the suites, and don't see a dime's worth a difference in fans being "snobby" anywhere.

Urban legend.

My dad and I have our two season tix in section 125, front 20 rows, and I wouldn't sell them for less than $600 if I were selling them. Which I'm not.

Sorry dude, I think you're gonna pay a ton for these seats. After a quick look around, I can't see anything cheaper than $125 per seat, and those are the upper end zone.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Suggestion: aim high, at least upper or lower sidelines, even club seats. You may find less competition than ohers going for cheaper seats. I believe that, for most games, one can buy scalped club seats for only a few bucks more than lower deck seats. There's a huge difference in what you get for your money in the club section.
    Thanks Mista T, I'll do that so. So what area would be worth trying first to maximize our chances of grabbing 3 – Round the 100's or 200's?. We're still willing to pay up to 300 dollars per seat.

In my opinion, the best value seats for the combination of view/perspective & money are, in order:

• Upper sidelines (500) lower rows
    • Club seats anywhere
    • Lower deck sidelines, upper rows

Going up to $300, you may find some club seats available. Keep your eye on Baltimore Craigslist, where local businesses dump tickets. And the Ticketmaster re-selling site sometimes has decent deals.

My experience on road trips has been that face value club seats are often available, especially singles. e.g. last year at KC, three of us got club singles, at face value, in the same section and wound up sitting together after filling in empty seats. What I have found in some cases is that lower deck seats may be scalped to the point of crossover with club seats. These experiences may or may not apply to Ravens games -- I don't know because we buy season tickets.