Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Seattle Ravens Game

Great, I will check with with Group Sales to see if I can add more to the group of tickets we already have. If they can it might not be in the same section depending on what they have available, will that be ok?

But for right I can put you down for 9 tickets.

Thanks for letting me know tailgating is limited. I will do some research to see if meeting at a restaurant/bar would be better or just stick with tailgating.

We don't go back to bama anymore neither. We lived in Birmingham, Tuscaloosa and then Huntsville. Then we migrated to Maryland and became Ravens fans and now we're in Oregon. We really need to go back for the Alabama-Auburn game someday.

So exicted for the season to begin.

Re: Seattle Ravens Game

Trying to track down our West Coast contingent who normally make it to the Ravens games out there. Waiting for MikeK to start paying attention to this thread and my e-mails. He was part of the original members of the predecessor RN2 message board, tailgated with many of us in the early 00's, then moved to Portland. Also Ravenous52, who is a Marine based in the Mojave desert but frequents Afghanistan. I may have to download an old sim-card which has phone numbers to track them both down.

Give me a few days to finalize headcount. I just wanted to have you assured that you wouldn't get stuck with unused tickets. Actually, check with group sales to ascertain if the order could be split under the single account, i.e. I would use my credit card for my nine and have them mailed directly to me, you do same with other 11, or further subdivide. Some NFL teams will do just what I described.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Meanwhile, I gave my wife's Seattle nephew a 20 item questionnaire to fill out comprehensively re tailgating improvements made since our 2007 visit, if any, and alternatives, including nearby bars, improvements similar to our Ravens Walk, and public transportation - remote parking..

Q: When would your group be arriving from Oregon? Any others? I could get word out to others who make most road trips to see if we wanted to do something larger, if interested. I will also check with Cole to see if his group would benefit by our presence at tailgate party -- expect $20 apiece or more, as he usually gets quality catering for his events.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

4. Re: Seattle Ravens Game

In order for me to secure the group of 20 tickets I had to pay for the whole thing up front. If you still want me to call and see if I can get more tickets under the group account, I assume it can go under another card.

Our group is kind of spread out between Oregon and Washington. But most of us will be arriving in Seattle by Sat. afternoon if not earlier. We would definitly be up for doing something larger. And would love to join Cole's tailgate if he has room. Nothing like eating good food and getting pumped up for the game with all the Ravens fans.
    Last edited by bamaravens; 08-31-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo

5. Re: Seattle Ravens Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Meanwhile, I gave my wife's Seattle nephew a 20 item questionnaire to fill out comprehensively re tailgating improvements made since our 2007 visit, if any, and alternatives, including nearby bars, improvements similar to our Ravens Walk, and public transportation - remote parking..

Q: When would your group be arriving from Oregon? Any others? I could get word out to others who make most road trips to see if we wanted to do something larger, if interested. I will also check with Cole to see if his group would benefit by our presence at tailgate party -- expect $20 apiece or more, as he usually gets quality catering for his events.
    Definitely up for some tailgating or at a local bar somewhere. 2007 was pretty lacking. But the Ravens are definitely a different team today. I live in Seattle let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaravens View Post
    In order for me to secure the group of 20 tickets I had to pay for the whole thing up front. If you still want me to call and see if I can get more tickets under the group account, I assume it can go under another card.
    Yes, please. I am now up to confirmed seven of my nine, and still haven't heard back from 3. I may want to go up to the 12-15 range within a few days. At least PM or e-mail me the contact.

Also, since you had to put it on one card, get in touch with me as to how to send you $$$. I really appreciate your carrying this burden, and want to make sure that you don't have to carry this on your credit card.

btw: if, for some reason we can't extend group buy beyond the twenty, I should be able to get some of the Ravens players' & coaches allotment of tickets, at face value. For the 2007 game, there were dozens of these available. Might be nosebleeds, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ELDripps View Post
    I live in Seattle let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    Yes. Please scout out the tailgating scene prior to the next Seahawks home game to advise us what may nearby lots may be available, or if we should go to a bar. Remember, bars near NFL stadiums usually get overwhelmed during Game days, so not always a good idea. Alternatively, is there anything similar to our Ravens Walk, i.e. cheap beers, barbecue, music etc in a plaza outside the stadium:

The 2007 game tailgating sucked; however, we were inundated with rain, and the stadium was still pretty new.

Just to keep count: I went from needing seven to needing 11, so I now need 2 in addition to my share of the nine from the initial group purchase of 20. Dripps wants 3 more, so that would make it a total of five over the 20.

Is Oregon Ravens (who wanted 2) included in bamaravens total? Does Ravenboy2003 still want to pay $150 for protected seats, or sit with us at $55? I will also track down a few more to see if we can get up to another twenty if needed, or at least be able to accomodate all who have expressed interest.

8. Re: Seattle Ravens Game

Because I am a newbie, it won't let me send a PM. Please send me an email at jskyu68@yahoo.com and I will send you my contact info.

I will call sales again tomorrow morning to find out if they will do additional info. I don't have anyone on the list of the twenty tickets from this forum except for you MistaT. I haven't gotten a response from anyone else unless I missed it.

ELDripps, do you have tickets? I don't have you on my list. Thanks for scouting out bar/tailgating site that would be super helpful.

We are now up to 25 purchased, and the Seahawks group sales in squatting on some adjacent seats if anyone wants to be added. We only have a few days to do this.

Section 343, rows BB & CC stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonRaven View Post
    I rode up for the game in 2007 and would like to go again this season. I'd be in for 2 tickets if you get enough people.
    You are not included in the 25 purchased (since no recent contact). You can get them as per above if you move quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ELDripps View Post
    I live in Seattle let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    Yes there is: Please check your e-mail!!!

Tailgating update: I got all 25 invited to a weekly private tailgate party 1 1/2 blocks from the stadium. Normally about 40-50 people at a downtown repair garage which is turned into a bar & barbecue each week. They are welcoming us after I swore we have no rowdies. Cost nothing, just bring some food to contribute & BYOB. Free street parking, as long as you arrive early.

Per my Seattle nephew.

I'll post maps and precise driving instructions, later.

Sorry I haven't been able to check the board for the past few days. I'm definitely still interested in 2 tickets. bamaravens, if you included me in the tickets you already have, then let me know and we can make arrangements. I'll send an e-mail to the address you gave. If not, I'll get in touch with Mista T to see if he still has anything available.
    No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. -Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

12. Re: Seattle Ravens Game

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Tailgating update: I got all 25 invited to a weekly private tailgate party 1 1/2 blocks from the stadium. Normally about 40-50 people at a downtown repair garage which is turned into a bar & barbecue each week. They are welcoming us after I swore we have no rowdies. Cost nothing, just bring some food to contribute & BYOB. Free street parking, as long as you arrive early.

Per my Seattle nephew.

I'll post maps and precise driving instructions, later.
    Thanks Mista T. That sounds great. I will start a list soon of who will bring what. Are there grills already there or would we need to bring that as well?