Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries

Re: Gaither Announces on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Its kinda ironic if you ask me.

Think the Raiders got a look at his medicals and saw that there was really no structural physical ailment that could be pointed to that would explain his missing the entire season.....

At that point it becomes Gaither saying well I had a bad back but its better now. How does any team QUANTIFY or VERIFY its better if you could never quantify or verify it was bad in the first place.

Think teams looking at the medicals and hearing his agent explain it realize this guy had a tantrum and blew off an entire season. That makes him a special kind of risk, one that a lot of teams would rather not deal with.

Had Gaither just played RT he would be getting paid good money right now, some team needing RT or LT would have paid him handsomely. As it stands he will likely get a deal significantly less valuable than had he manned up and played .....thats JUSTICE if you ask me and its how it should be :)

That's a very good point and I think you might have hit on something.

Think the Raiders got a look at his medicals and saw that there was really no structural physical ailment that could be pointed to that would explain his missing the entire season.....

At that point it becomes Gaither saying well I had a bad back but its better now. How does any team QUANTIFY or VERIFY its better if you could never quantify or verify it was bad in the first place.

Think teams looking at the medicals and hearing his agent explain it realize this guy had a tantrum and blew off an entire season. That makes him a special kind of risk, one that a lot of teams would rather not deal with.

Had Gaither just played RT he would be getting paid good money right now, some team needing RT or LT would have paid him handsomely. As it stands he will likely get a deal significantly less valuable than had he manned up and played .....thats JUSTICE if you ask me and its how it should be :)
    Agreed. IMO if he comes in and plays RT for a week of TC they move him back to LT. I think it was a test to see if he was a team player and he's not. You don't want to invest big money in a lineman who isn't a team player. That's why giving Haynesworth all that money never made sense to me. The best linemen on both sides of the ball are lunch-pail guys. No flash, no pomp, no circumstance. Just hard work and grind-it-out type efforts-attributes one could never accuse Gaither of having.

Blog Entries

"What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Jeremiah W,

It is very possible that his poor work ethic is the reason why the back got injured in the first place, along with the other ongoing injuries (The foot and shoulder). Had he kept himself in better shape, he might have avoided some of those injuries. In 2008, he played through the shoulder injury, but missed time in 2009 due to neck and foot problems. Then, he gets the back injury and misses an entire season.

You keep pointing to the 33 games he played, but what we are trying to explain to you (What Harbaugh was trying to get Gaither to understand) is that his level of play would not have continued if he didn't take better care of his body. Now, that has become a reality.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Why does Gaither show up on the Raiders on the NFL Network?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Why does Gaither show up on the Raiders on the NFL Network?

because they are lazy

Where do we fit Gaither's agent into this equation? Would any competent agent think that sitting out an entire season -- and with a back injury at that -- would help Gaither get a fatter contract than playing a year and "showcasing" himself? If Gaither was NOT injured, what agent would allow Gaither to label himself as "damaged goods?"

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Agreed. IMO if he comes in and plays RT for a week of TC they move him back to LT. I think it was a test to see if he was a team player and he's not. You don't want to invest big money in a lineman who isn't a team player. That's why giving Haynesworth all that money never made sense to me. The best linemen on both sides of the ball are lunch-pail guys. No flash, no pomp, no circumstance. Just hard work and grind-it-out type efforts-attributes one could never accuse Gaither of having.
    As the music continues to play and other free agents find chairs to sit in. I find further irony in the fact that perhaps one of Gaithers best shots at being a starter in the NFL is at the very position he turned his back on starting RT for the Baltimore Ravens (not saying the Ravens would want him back)

Yanda who filled the role that Gaither should have (RT) was rewarded for it with a nice fat contract in part because of the versatility he demonstrated. Had Gaither played RT, even if he stayed there all year he would have been seen as a versatile team player and gotten at least Tyson Clabo type money if not more. NFL GM's know his skill set could translate to LT even if he played at RT last year. Now he looks like a whiny, lazy, problem child with a phantom injury. Talk about a guy screwing himself royally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenous1 View Post
    as the music continues to play and other free agents find chairs to sit in. I find further irony in the fact that perhaps one of gaithers best shots at being a starter in the nfl is at the very position he turned his back on starting rt for the baltimore ravens (not saying the ravens would want him back)

yanda who filled the role that gaither should have (rt) was rewarded for it with a nice fat contract in part because of the versatility he demonstrated. Had gaither played rt, even if he stayed there all year he would have been seen as a versatile team player and gotten at least tyson clabo type money if not more. Nfl gm's know his skill set could translate to lt even if he played at rt last year. Now he looks like a whiny, lazy, problem child with a phantom injury. Talk about a guy screwing himself royally.
    thank you!