Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Warren Sapp on Flacco: Shut up and...

So if you can only say you are good if you have a ring on your finger, I guess Dan Marino should STFU?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Guys, I think the point is that some fat TV guy is calling out some skinny NFL guy, and the skinny guy is saying, Piss Off!

Blog Entries

Sapp should just stick to slapp'n bitches before Super Bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    So if you can only say you are good if you have a ring on your finger, I guess Dan Marino should STFU?
    Totally forgot about this. Excellent point sir.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    So if Joe doesn't speak he is bashed for having no heart. He gives an honest opinion to a question he was asked and Warren Sapp, one of the biggest self promoters of all time jumps down his throat for expressing confidence in his own abilities? What a joke.

If you are going to be a QB in the NFL, you better think you are one of the best, you better be confident and sure as hell better defend yourself if somebody takes a shot at you. Yes he needs to back it up on the field, but I have no problem with what Joe said and as a Ravens fan it makes me happy to hear it.

Now go back it up.
    iagree:
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Joe is in a great situation. Kinda like... Americans. Blessed to be in your current surroundings.

I mean, the Texans offense did everything they could to win games last year, but the defense couldn't stop the other team. If you asked Schaub which situation he would rather be in, trust me, he would rather be in Joe's shoes.

Flacco sounded a little too much like the last 1st rd QB that would talk to the media about how much confidence he had, then hyperventilate after every ball hike.

Don't tell us you're good, then muck it up against a Steeler's team that did everything to help us win that game. Get this team to the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in the playoffs, then tell us you've improved.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Joe is in a great situation. Kinda like... Americans. Blessed to be in your current surroundings.

I mean, the Texans offense did everything they could to win games last year, but the defense couldn't stop the other team. If you asked Schaub which situation he would rather be in, trust me, he would rather be in Joe's shoes.

Flacco sounded a little too much like the last 1st rd QB that would talk to the media about how much confidence he had, then hyperventilate after every ball hike.

Don't tell us you're good, then muck it up against a Steeler's team that did everything to help us win that game. Get this team to the playoffs, and beat the Steelers in the playoffs, then tell us you've improved.
    Defense couldn't stop the other team? Like how our defense couldn't stop the Steelers from scoring a TD in the playoff game. Obviously they were put in bad situations by the OFFENSE (not just Joe).

I think you need to go back and watch that game. Joe wasn't great but he wasn't horrible either. The offensive line played like complete shit and his receivers left him out to dry.

You don't have to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to be considered good. But Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have something that Joe has lacked over his first three years: Control over his offense. He said it yesterday in the presser.

"I want the ball in my hands. I want to be in control. I want to be in position to lose football games. I want it to be on me. If we lose football games, I want you to be able to look directly at me and say, 'Why did we lose this game?' and I should have a pretty good answer for you. And I want you to be able to look at me and say why did we win this game? In order to do that, you have to have trust in me, and I think we're there."
    That is a very telling quote. If given the option, there are things that he would have done differently on the field last year if he was allowed to.

We haven't seen the real Joe Flacco yet. We will this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Defense couldn't stop the other team? Like how our defense couldn't stop the Steelers from scoring a TD in the playoff game. Obviously they were put in bad situations by the OFFENSE (not just Joe).

I think you need to go back and watch that game. Joe wasn't great but he wasn't horrible either. The offensive line played like complete shit and his receivers left him out to dry.

You don't have to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning to be considered good. But Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have something that Joe has lacked over his first three years: Control over his offense. He said it yesterday in the presser.

That is a very telling quote. If given the option, there are things that he would have done differently on the field last year if he was allowed to.

We haven't seen the real Joe Flacco yet. We will this year.
    I have a really good feeling about Flacco this year. He's taking ownership of this team in a very tangible way. I'm also getting the impression that while Rice is a more dynamic personality, he is not the type to draw attention away from Flacco. Whenever he's interviewed, it seems like he's always name dropping Flacco. It's always, this is OUR team and WE need to bring these young guys along. I'm looking for big things because a Ravens team has never talked about a QB like that before. I'm amped. Practice starts in under an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    It's not like Joe just walked up to the podium and said it without being asked anything. People take things too seriously.
    :word

He was asked a question. Now, some of the criticism of Joe is fair, but don't call him out for a lack of "hardware" and then tell me Vince Young is a winner.

Blog Entries

Flacco is damned if he does and if he doesnt. If he had answered that question the way he normally does or better yet ignored it all together, he gets criticized for not having enough fire.

He answers it the way he does and now they want to knock him down saying he's not as good as he thinks he is and make him out to be a blowhard.

To hell with all of them.

was happy to hear Joe speak up for himself
    Agreed!

As for Warren Sapp he can just shut the fuck up.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Flacco had an outstanding year last year 25TD 10INT, kept his team in games and put them positions to win.

This year is gonna have some down moments. Flacco not only needs to get this team to the playoffs for the 4th consecutive year, but also has to beat Atlanta in the Superbowl.