Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Josh Wilson to Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I don't mind losing Wilson either. The only guys I feel like they cannot afford to lose are Yanda and Bulger.
    We're not hearing that Bulger is looking to start. In fact Warner said that Bulger likes it here. I also hope he stays. Bulger is the perfect backup.

getting J Joseph would make me feel a lot better about this and maybe he could help us figure out why we can't score against the Bengals!

Posted this in the free agent thread, but will post here as well since Clements was mentioned

Per Adam Schefter

Widespread reports 49ers releasing CB Nate Clements -- team and agent Todd France say not true.

Upon further reflection, I hope Oz anticipated this.

5. Re: Josh Wilson to Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by MachineJerk View Post
    getting J Joseph would make me feel a lot better about this and maybe he could help us figure out why we can't score against the Bengals!
    He's going to be like an 8 or 9 million dollar corner I heard. How are the Ravens supoposed to swing that? Don't say cut Foxworth because that is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. They don't need upgrades over the corners they have, they just need corners.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Upon further reflection, I hope Oz anticipated this.
    I'm sure he did. Oz knew Wilson wanted starter money, could probably command starter money, and he knew he couldn't/wouldn't pay starter money for a corner.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    He's going to be like an 8 or 9 million dollar corner I heard. How are the Ravens supoposed to swing that? Don't say cut Foxworth because that is like robbing Peter to pay Paul. They don't need upgrades over the corners they have, they just need corners.
    I am not a numbers guy, but it's even close to doable they can make the money work if they want to. If they value him that highly (of which I have no idea) they would fit it in. Kinda inexact I know lol, but I believe it.

Yeah, this is becoming frustrating. I know it's early in the frenzy and it's easy to get worked up/worried, but things could be going a lot better for us right now. I'd like to be able to CELEBRATE a decision we've made, not just JUSTIFY it.

We are the right move or two away from going from good to great. Time to make a move, Oz...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    You need 4 CB's in this league or you will get killed especially when there is usually one that is hurt.
    Tell that to Pittsburgh.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm probably the one Ravens fan who doesn't mind losing Wilson. That said I really hope they can keep Carr
    You are not the only one. He does not fit their desired defensive scheme.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Fans have to understand that when you draft as well as Pittsburgh, Baltimore and some other teams, you don't have time to spend big money in FA, because you have to preserve some money in homegrown talent. The Ravens have drafted Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Michael Oher, Terrance Cody, Jimmy Smith, etc. How are they going to pay these guys if they continuously tie up the cap by bringing in high priced FAs?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    You are not the only one. He does not fit their desired defensive scheme.
    :word We just spend a 1st round and 5th round pick on CB's. We already have a quality CB in Foxworth who played lights out towards the end of the season (Two Seasons Ago). He is the "vet" of the group while we also have an up and coming CB in Webb.