Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: For old times sake, a good old fashioned Boller thread

lol at mr t again with trying to hype a back up first round bust over a 13 and 3 qb former league MVP. dude come on stop the nonesense. NOBODY is buying it. with takes like this his moderator status should be in serious jeopardy.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Wink Re: For old times sake, a good old fashioned Boller thread

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    with takes like this his moderator status should be in serious jeopardy.
    What does my personal opinion about the Ravens worst-ever $33 million player transaction have to do with moderating a message board? Do you think that moderators should be the "Haters" only?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

its one thing to have a take but nobody likes to be snowed ala used car salesman style. I have to admit you are good. you can make a jalopy sound like a mint musle car.

but whatever...you can resight stat after stat and everybody but the few on this board will laugh hard in your face with that BS about Boller. you know it too at least I hope you do.

no about the mods have to be haters but to give you an idea of what you sound like just imagine if oldfan or wso was the mod. yup, its like that.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis

Thumbs down Re: For old times sake, a good old fashioned Boller thread

but whatever...you can resight stat after stat and everybody but the few on this board will laugh hard in your face with that BS about Boller. you know it too at least I hope you do.
    Not really. Very few Ravens fans that I personally know do not support sticking with Boller in the long run, and no one that I personally knows are of the ilk to cheer when he was injured. I believe that the message board and call-in crowd of Haters is different than the mainstream Ravens fans.

no about the mods have to be haters but to give you an idea of what you sound like just imagine if oldfan or wso was the mod. yup, its like that.
    That a crock.

Some of the "Hater" crowd repeatedly posted despicable personal insults towards Boller the individual person, as opposed to limiting discussing how he plays. As you may recall from the other board, we even had some members who supported cheering of Boller's injury and at least one who admitted participating.

I don't loathe Steve McNair - he's OK for an aging average vet, just not anywhere near worth the $$$ spent for him. My problem is with the Front Office for overpaying him, winding up (just as I had predicted) in being unable to afford to keep our best player, Adalius Thomas.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

don't know how cheering for boller when he got hurt fits in to this other than the people who did do it were from baltimore...that's the 'ilk' your must be refering to.

if your problem is with the front office then why the mcnair to boller comparisons? you compare a season to two games, one in which resulted in a loss and neither one was a start. its a stretch considering all the other ball games you have to go on with boller.

when you say your beef is with the FO it doesn't add up you continually try to slam mcnair in favor of boller. and for what, because the FO paid him 33 mil? we were 13 and 3 with mcnair and we made the playoffs with him starting, you can't say the same for boller.

fwiw I do not listen to the baltimore sports stations. sirus radio subscriber. however judging by what you are saying it sounds like those people who are calling in have it right. the average fan knows what kyle is made of. get a clue its not a vocal minority.

There are five quarterbacks on the Ravens' roster. The one with the most natural talent, by far, is Kyle Boller. Deal with it.

The one with the most heart is Kyle Boller. (several runnersup are close) Deal with it.

The one with the best recent stats is Kyle Boller. I guess you have to deal with that too.

Kyle Boller haters are irrational. He stumbles and his head goes into overdrive, yes, but he's a brave loyal kid with a howitzer arm. What's to hate, really?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

tex that had to be one of the best follow ups to any post I have ever read from you. my god that was some funny stuff right there. stating the obvious around this joint is a lost art and it is quite refreshing.

as for Mister T you never got back about why if you are so mad at the FO way make outlandish comparisons between boller and mcnair. oh nevermind hoe can I trust what you are going to say.. you've aready stated that you 'wouldn't break a sweat''and would be 'optimistic' if steve was injured. you're from baltimore right? Its not a crock, with takes like that how come you're still a mod? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    But in the NFL it comes down to this: would you bet your life on Kyle Boller winning a road playoff game in Foxborough?

I sure wouldn't.
    I'm not ready for a full response to this yet, although I will say I always had more faith in Kyle than most- and do feel he was put in a bad spot from the start- beginning with his holdout during his rookie season... BUT- my comment here is... to say "Would you bet your LIFE..." come on man- I wouldn't bet my life on Tom Brady, Joe Montana or John Elway in the playoffs, much less Kyle Boller." A paycheck, maybe...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    The problem with Boller is he is hideous on the road and since 50% of all games an NFL team plays are road games that to me is more than enough to send Boller packing regardless of how "young" he is. Face it, the guy suffers major meltdowns under pressure. Only Boller's utmost supporters are willing to overlook this and focus only on the 'big plays" he sometimes creates. But let's deal with reality here, how many of these so-called "big plays" have come on the road in a hostile environment when the game was on the line? Please share the abundance of these plays with us and perhaps we might be Boller believers?

The fact that Boller is so terrible and ineffective on the road IMO points to two major factors: 1) he can't handle pressure 2) the rest of the team knows this and their play suffers accordingly (a pyschological letdown when you know your QB is going to fall apart). Boller can play til he's forty and I don't see him conquoring his lack of poise. It is ingrained in his hyper, nervous, and rapid speach personality. He would make a perfect auctioneer instead of a QB.:p
    Off the top of my head, he lead a comeback drive against the Jets 3 years ago. I know of a few more drives he lead in the final minutes too, but they were at home. You continually attack his "lack of poise" and his "nervous" feet and personality, but you are only looking at the glass half empty. If you want to point out his flaws, fine. That's not exactly a tough thing to do, but don't suggest he doesn't have upside.

As some other posters have noted, his second season as the starter, he had NO WEAPONS to work with, and he started off the season playing well. His first season was rushed. He held out. He STILL started AT PITTSBURGH in week one. He held the weight of the franchise on his back from Day One, and it took a toll. With no offensive weapons to help him, and an offensive philosophy that handcuffed him from his most positive attributes, in favor of a very conservative approach, he just never got going.

I'd say to judge him from his more recent playing stats will serve us well. Steve Young was getting beat up in Tampa- went to San Francisco, waited for years behind Montana- and flourished. Yes, Boller is no Young- but the correlation is obvious. Not every quarterback is GREAT from day one. Rich Gannon was a nomad for like 10 seasons, and HE BECAME AN MVP! Kyle Boller has been booed on the field at his home stadium, and then cheered after getting hurt. What did he do, he took it like a man. He said the fans have the right to express their opinion. he didn't cry like a Tim Couch. He stood up, took it, and came back as a backup, eager to soak up whatever knowledge he could from McNair. THAT, right there, if for no other reason, is enough for him to deserve a little bit of respect form people like you so ready to throw him under the bus. Criticize if you must, but have some respect for the man!

I'm a huge fan of McNair, in fact I was an Oilers fan before the Ravens came to Baltimore- but his career is in its twilight- and with our aging defense... the truth is, we could be only a few years away from a completely different look. Perhaps a team with a more offensive minded philosophym rather than all defense. When Ray Ray retires, along with a few others, whose to say with our young wide receivers, and exciting new backfield- along with avery young crop of O-lineman, we don't develop more of a deep passing game. Boller fits that bill. Will it happen, I doubt it. BUt if it does, and Kyle is the front runner to lead the team, I hope people so eager to dismiss what potential he has, give him a chance to show what he had learned the past two years- and not what he did as he was learning on the go his first 3 years, with the weight of an entire city on his back
    Last edited by Rex Thunder; 07-13-2007 at 01:31 PM.

You don't lose your job to an aging vet brought into replace you unless your team pretty much thinks little of your performance. Now that is a fact, anyway you try to spin it.
    Okay, most of what you say about Boller is obvious. Yes, he can get flustered. Yes, he is prone to happy feet. He is prone to a lot of mstakes at times. I could make an argument that a lot of this has been to over coaching, to a point where he became too mechanical, and lost his instincts. Now with less pressure, he performed better... but that's not the point os this response.

"You don't lose your job to an aging veteran unless your team pretty much thinks little of your performance?"??? You act as though they brought in Damon Huard or something. They passed on Kerry Collins and Daunte Culpepper, as well as a few others. It was either, MCNAIR, or we'll stick with Boller. It wasn't like they were going after ANYONE to replace Boller.

The Ravens have a storied history playing against McNair and they know his toughness. The window was/is running out with our veteran laced team built round Ray Lewis, and they thought bringing in McNair, and ONLY McNair would be a "significant" upgrade. McNair is a Spuerbowl quarterback who is tough and normally clutch. He controls the offense, which is what this team needed. That's not a knock on Boller, just the truth. McNair is better right now than Boller, no doubt. McNair is a better fit for THIS team. But to say that bringing in an "aging vet" to replace him should tell us what we need to know of Boller's talent is just not fair. (to be polite)

You might as well tell me how bad my fossil watch is because I saw Rolex on sale and decided to jump on it.

Rex, welcome to the forum.

Please do not quote Tex in your replies to him, some of us get migraines when we have to read his nonsense.

Bear in mind when trying to talk to him, he's not rational or fair, so traditional techniques of reasoned discussion are wasted.

Many of us, myself included, have him on 'ignore'.

Good luck, if you must joust with that windmill.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Unfortunately, if only they could have traded for McNair back in 2003 instead of drafting Boller, I have no doubt there would be at least another Lombardi won by the Baltimore RAvens.

What a crock!

Did you happen to see what happened to McNair in the 15-6 humiliation to the Colts? McNair panics in the big games. Everyone else played their hearts out, the crowd was worked up as much or more than ever, the Defense played a great game against an offensive powerhouse. Yet McNair did exactly what I expected: laid an egg. Just as he did a few weeks earlier in Cincy. That dumbass 4th Q interception was a rookie-type mistake that cost us a run at the Super Bowl and the season. Criticize away about any of Boller's blunders -- none compared in severity with McNair's poor playoff game performance, and, in particular, the ill-conceived 4th Q interception.

As to 2003, I would love to have seen the Ravens have hired a good vet as well. Delhome was available. I would have also preferred hiring a vet in subsequent seasons, aiming to slowly develop Boller as the understudy. But the Ravens passed on the best one available in 2006 - Brees - and instead took on the too old, weak-armed, and overpaid McNair.

If McNair had been here in 2003, we would have been no better off. No playoff wins. It's the Defense & Jamal that has carried this team ever since Tony Banks' magic 2nd half '99 season and after he lost his touch after the Jax game in 2000.