Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

Lions retain back up QB Drew Stanton.

Would have liked to see him come to Baltimore...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Josh Wilson is a Redskin:

http://mobile.twitter.com//jamisonhensley

3. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lions retain back up QB Drew Stanton.

Would have liked to see him come to Baltimore...
    At this point IDC who comes to Baltimore, I just want someone to come to Baltimore LOL

4. Re: Around the NFL

Josh Wilson to Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    That REALLY sucks.

I guess it's time to make up some ground with Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    WR is one of the toughest positions for a rookie to come in and play; especially with no preseason. If you're willing to suffer through the first half of the season he could likely be a good player late in the year but it's a risk.. that's all I'm saying
    I don't debate the difficulty for rookie wide-outs to come in and succeed. But with the exception of Stallworth (who perplexingly was never sent deep) we haven't had many big fast recievers. When we have had them, they have been able to get open deep, the problem has been with them reeling it in. Countless times I've watched Patrick Johnson, Clarene Moore, Demetrius Williams get open deep, only to have the ball hit them in the hands and bounce away. Despite not being able to convert those plays, the defenses we played still had to be concerned about them, because the ball hits them in the hands enough times, theoretically they are going to start bringing it in. As long as Torrey Smith can get off the line, he is going to force the safeties to play deeper and wider than they'd play if we lined up Mason Boldin and Housh.
    I don't think missing OTAs will put the rookies far behind at all. I don't see Torrey Smith running many different types of routes. I think the Ravens will simplify the offense for him, like they simplified it for Flacco. Take-off, Post, Sluggo, those are likely the routes they have him focus on because they fit best into his natural skill set. Throughout the season I imagine they'll put in more routes for him, and I would expect his development would progress him into being a multi-tool reciever. But I don't see why missing a few OTAs would keep him from being able to run fly patterns and posts effectively.

Blog Entries

Seriously? Damn.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Terrible.

$4.5 -$5 million a year for Wilson

I hope it's not a situation where we couldn't afford to match it. If so, we are going to be bargain barrel shopping.

Foxworth certainly not going anywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That REALLY sucks.

I guess it's time to make up some ground with Carr.
    They're going to have to, I thought the Skins' bad luck was going to continue since they lost out on Holmes, Yanda and refuse to sign a real QB. Oh well

12. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I think the Raven's biggest issue is Cam Cameron. As a Steeler fan, I was thrilled he didn't get fired this off-season. I think the potential lock-out kept him. With the uncertainty, it would put the team behind to install a completely new offensive system. I wanted Bruce Arians gone, even though the Steelers went to the SB. I would be in chat rooms and we could call BA's plays because he can be so predictable. Ben is at his best in the shotgun, because he calls the plays.
    I'm picking up where I left off on the thread and I come by this^^^^

Isn't this one of the reasons why everyone left The Sun board?

Why must Steelers fans always 1. Say stuff that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. 2. Turn their post into an opinion piece or their observations on the Steelers.

At least talk about Ike Taylor or Plaxico or anything relevant