Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently Frank Gore wants a deal similar to what D. Williams just got in Carolina.
    Apparently Frank Gore neglected to realize his team just hired a new hard-ass coach, he is NOT a FA, and he has a vast and extensive injury history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently Frank Gore wants a deal similar to what D. Williams just got in Carolina.
    I think that he deserves it, if not something close to it. He has been their offense for years. They can give him this one big deal.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

3. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Anyone think we can win the SB with what we have? Personally I'm a bit pessimistic. I know we battle with these teams and keep it close, but something is holding us back whether that's Cam or a lack of a player. I know we kill ourselves a lot of times but IDK what it will take for them to get over the hump.
    Player can't even be officially signed yet. I'm not sweating anything yet.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Anyone think we can win the SB with what we have? Personally I'm a bit pessimistic. I know we battle with these teams and keep it close, but something is holding us back whether that's Cam or a lack of a player. I know we kill ourselves a lot of times but IDK what it will take for them to get over the hump.
    I think the Raven's biggest issue is Cam Cameron. As a Steeler fan, I was thrilled he didn't get fired this off-season. I think the potential lock-out kept him. With the uncertainty, it would put the team behind to install a completely new offensive system. I wanted Bruce Arians gone, even though the Steelers went to the SB. I would be in chat rooms and we could call BA's plays because he can be so predictable. Ben is at his best in the shotgun, because he calls the plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Apparently Frank Gore neglected to realize his team just hired a new hard-ass coach, he is NOT a FA, and he has a vast and extensive injury history.
    Maybe Frank Gore realizes that hard-*Bleep* head coach is going to do jack on offense without Gore.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Ravens are going to sign Vickers and will try to work in a pass rusher. Other than that, do not expect to see any outside FAs of quality signed by the Ravens.

I don't think any of us know what we can do with the team as it is right now. The offense is largely unproven, the defense is very old some places and very young in others. If Flacco is the real deal, the offense will be fine. If he is a serviceable QB, the offense will be what it has been for the past 3 years...which is just ok. Last year, he spent a lot of time doing his best impression of a chick in a horror movie (running for his life/on his back). If he has time, and if Torrey Smith can get over the top of the coverage, stretching out the cover 2, then Boldin/Doss/Dickson can work the middle of the field. I can see David Reed running Mason's sideline/comback routes. With Boller, and every other member of our QB carousel, I wasn't impressed by their abilities to make the throws. As long as they can find a WR that can work the sideline I don't think we will miss a beat.

Nate Clements released. Making Room for Nnamdi?

Could Clements play SS?

Blog Entries

Niners release Nate Clements....making room for someone???
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

They overpaid Clements in the first place.

From Aaron Wilson responding to a fan on twitter:

RavensInsider @kyadams12 Malcom Floyd is a name to keep an eye on. Going to repeat this again: Nnamdi Asomugha isn't coming to Baltimore. Too expensive
    15 minutes ago in reply to kyadams12
    http://mobile.twitter.com//ravensinsider

I'm guessing Aaron is starting to get tired of the Nnamdi questions, I sure as hell would be. Jeremiah W I hope you read the last part of the tweet over and over again until you get the message LOL.

I for one hope Nmandi goes to San Fransisco. He'll be out of the AFC, and like someone mentioned on twitter (can't remember who) it might make Manny Lawson available to a team with pass rush needs (i.e us).