Page 52 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Peterman View Post
    If the Jets sign Nnamdi, we need to make a counter move, IMO.
    I would prefer a preemptive strike by snatching him out from under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    Dang it, Ozzie...

2. Re: Around the NFL

No to Braylon "I drop every ball thrown my way" Edwards. All kidding aside, he hasn't dropped as many passes but IDK why but he's not a threat IMO. Defenses aren't really scared of Edwards you know? He's just a decent WR that can collect about 60 catches per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    No to Braylon "I drop every ball thrown my way" Edwards. All kidding aside, he hasn't dropped as many passes but IDK why but he's not a threat IMO. Defenses aren't really scared of Edwards you know? He's just a decent WR that can collect about 60 catches per year.
    he only really had 1 great (sorta bizarre year really) with D Anderson throwing to him - but for the right price he could be a decent complimentary WR maybe

ok Marty Hurney has lost it.

LB Thomas Davis has had back-to-back ACL injuries the past two years and he got a 5yr contract? Don't know what the total is, but that is just kooky.

Ozzie must be working the Jimmy Smith contract (and all the other 2011 draftees) real hard.

That kid better have his ass in camp tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Ozzie must be working the Jimmy Smith contract (and all the other 2011 draftees) real hard.

That kid better have his ass in camp tomorrow.
    Both Smiths were at the Castle yesterday, but not allowed to do the conditioning test because they aren't under contract yet. The contracts for rookies are basically form-contracts with the new CBA so I wouldn't imagine many hold ups to getting them on the field tomorrow when players can be officially inked.

Brandon Stokley signed with the skins.

soft spot for that guy. bounced around, injured - but still solid when he gets on the field.

Blog Entries

I am late to the discussion today, but have read through the previous posts and care to note a few things:

1.) Shaslers' description of Bob Sanders being 'mushy' is great.
    2.) This is the second time in about five years that the Rams have vastly overpaid a safety
    3.) Now that teams have to spend 90% of the salary cap, we are really beginning to see why the top GMs are considered as such and why some teams have left us scratching our heads for years.
    4.) Doug Free was somewhat overpaid, but I can understand Dallas doing it. Even though the play where he got hurt was not the LT's fault, it is of the utmost importance that Romo is protected
    5.) Deangelo Williams got too much money
    6.) Orton will not succeed on the team that he is traded to. He padded his stats from Denver playing from behind so often.
    7.) Do not expect a major splash from the Ravens. They were only about 16 mil under the cap. Yanda took up close to, if not, seven. They still want Vickers, will probably resign Wilson and need an OT for depth. Unless Ngata gets an extension, there will be no 'splash' moves.
    8.) There is so little time to get new players acclimated with new systems. So, you really want to keep your outside additions at a minimum.
    9.) Phil Collins- In the air tonight, is a good song. Thank you Peterman.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quincy Black just got $29M over 5 years from the Bucs...including $11.5M guaranteed.

He's a promising young player, but...$6M/year?

Blog Entries

Apparently Frank Gore wants a deal similar to what D. Williams just got in Carolina.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: Around the NFL

Anyone think we can win the SB with what we have? Personally I'm a bit pessimistic. I know we battle with these teams and keep it close, but something is holding us back whether that's Cam or a lack of a player. I know we kill ourselves a lot of times but IDK what it will take for them to get over the hump.

12. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post
    Quincy Black just got $29M over 5 years from the Bucs...including $11.5M guaranteed.

He's a promising young player, but...$6M/year?
    The Bucs need to spend money right now though don't they? WAAAY under the cap.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L