Page 246 of 254 FirstFirst ... 244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,952 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    I know a lot of people were saying cut him when Ozzie was swinging his axe when the lockout was lifted. I wanted to wait, but if he can't play there is no point in keeping him around carrying that big cap number. He's had over a year to heal and he's still not ready to go. We wouldn't be the only team that got rid of it's injured players. I see a lot of reasons to cut him, and not many to keep him at this point.
    I agree with that 100%. If he can't play, why keep him on the team if there are other options out there at corner.

Didn't know which thread to post this in, but a great video on the rookies and some UDFA's from Decosta's standpoint.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media...158ec6f050b7a7

- Seems like they really like Boren

Blog Entries

I've seen a few reports that say the Pats are about to cut 85.

@NFLDraftBible
    NFL Draft Bible NFL executive "familiar with the Patriots ways" told the National Football Post he expects NE to cut "one or both" Haynesworth and Ochocinco

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

When is the deadline to cut from ninety?

5. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I've seen a few reports that say the Pats are about to cut 85.

@NFLDraftBible
    NFL Draft Bible NFL executive "familiar with the Patriots ways" told the National Football Post he expects NE to cut "one or both" Haynesworth and Ochocinco
    Is there any more info as to why? I can probably make a close guess but they gave up draft picks for those two idiots.

Blog Entries

this is from ESPN insider.

Ochocinco a possible cut?
    8:43
    AM ETChad Ochocinco | Patriots TopEmailCommentsWithin his "Sunday Blitz" column for National Football Post, a report by Dan Pompei concerning two high-profile acquisitions of the New England Patriots raised a few eyebrows around here.

"Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth might not be long for New England," Pompei reports. "One day before this story came out by my guy Mike Reiss, one NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways told me he believes one or both of the big name acquisitions will be cut before the season starts. The front office man thinks coach Bill Belichick will use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room."

So Belichick is testing both of them, and will not hesitate to pull the proverbial trigger should they not be able to handle the "Patriot Way?" Certainly makes the preseason in Foxborough that much more interesting.

7. Re: Around the NFL

Belichick playing mid games.

I love how everyone still kisses that guy's ass thinking he's the smartest coach ever even though they haven't won a playoff game in three years, or since Pioli left.

Blog Entries

Yeah pretty odd if he wants to bring in the high profile guys just to shoot them in front of the team and keep everyone scared. great coach

Blog Entries

Also watched the Titans / Vikings game last night and TN looked really sharp in the first half. I know it's just a preseason game but their offense was clicking. BTW - top receiver was Yamon Figurs (ok only one catch) and Frank Walker broke up a pass. yes...

Blog Entries

this is from ESPN insider.
    And people wont even question his giving up draft picks for those fools.

Also watched the Titans / Vikings game last night and TN looked really sharp in the first half. I know it's just a preseason game but their offense was clicking. BTW - top receiver was Yamon Figurs (ok only one catch) and Frank Walker broke up a pass. yes...
    Yamon Figurs. Thats a name I havent heard in a while. I thought he was out of the league.

Blog Entries

Fat Albert and Chad Johnson could be cut from the Patriots, huh?

Haha, man that would be something.

It's not like the Pats needed either of them anyway.

Brady can make any receiver look good and he has a good relationship with Welker, Edelman, and Branch. Toss in some impressive performances from young guys like Taylor Price, Brandon Tate, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez and you really don't have the need for Chad Johnson.

Same on their DL. They've got like 11 or 12 DL'men in their camp right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just curious, but did anyone sign Taylor Mays after the Niners cut him?
    Nope. The 49ers offered him to every team in the NFL for a very late round pick and no one was interested. He came to camp the size of a linebacker. Sounds like another guy who didn't take this offseason seriously.