Page 243 of 254 FirstFirst ... 241242243244245 ... LastLast
Results 2,905 to 2,916 of 3047

Thread: Around the NFL

Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Cotchery goes to the Steelers, 1 year deal.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...13691535343617

We'll see how that goes. Hopefully won't bite us.
    how would it bite us he sucks.

2. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Boldin/Housh is better than Mason/Clayton in my book. Maybe Housh has been the wild card all along and ozzie is just waiting it out to see if somebody better becomes available.
    If they wanted Housh, he would already be here. We haven't heard one thing about Housh from anyone.

Blog Entries

I would tend to agree...but say that again when he catches a 58 yard pass to setup the game win. (Antonio Brown, who should be ahead of him on the depth chart).

Just saying, with him going to a division rival. specifically, THAT division rival....the potential exists for him to have a chance to bite us for passing on him. I didn't say we SHOULD'VE signed him, I just said it could come back to bite us.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    On other words..."If the price is right he's gone".

BTW anybody know if he got the bonus yet? When is it due?

Heard on 105.7 the Fan he already recieved his roster bonus! So I doubt the Bill scut him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    If they wanted Housh, he would already be here. We haven't heard one thing about Housh from anyone.
    Could be like Mason...with Mason, he was our "Safety net" supposedly. Housh might be a guy we're using as a fallback option.

One of the few things I'd agree with from Vinny and Kenny show on 105.7....Ravens are going to have a chance with Philly and KC game to see if Torrey and Tandon look ready to play on the big stage. If they don't, we'll likely make a move by the 3rd week of preseason. If they look fine, we'll roll with what we've got.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

well you dont no he will catch a bomb on us late in the game, and considering he had 2 catch for 18 yards against us last year, and the fact that he sucks, im not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Yes, and I did mention eating crow. That said, Hensley also said in his personal opinion, the Ravens won't make that move. There's no buzz around Evans yet, but my guess given his "#1 WR" status with Fitzpatrick and the Bills FO is that they'll want at least a 3rd round pick for him. Would you be willing to deal a 3rd rounder straight up, knowing full well you'll need to re-do his contract and that you've got two kids in the wings who should contribute late this year into next year?

Also consider that every day Ngata's deal isn't done, that's another day where someone with the cap space to bring him in NOW has a chance to pull the trigger before we can. You can mention the reports of Ngata's deal being practically done all you want. Until it's done, it's not. And that means we don't have cap room for Evans now.

The Bills have nothing pending which forces this trade. No salary cap issue, no disgruntled locker room, nothing. Basically, if they don't get the deal that looks good to them, they can sit back, have Evans in their offense for another year, and offer him up again next year.
    I agree until Ngata's deal is done the Ravens can't do anything, I've gone on record in saying that the Ravens won't trade for Evans but that's my opinion. If Lee Evans became a Raven I wouldn't be mad and he can help the team. I don't expect the Bills to trade him but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility. At the end of the day it will be up to the Ravens to get Ngata signed and then discuss and possibly pursue a trade for Lee Evans, it's not up to us fans.

8. Re: Around the NFL

They better get Ngata done ASAP b/c they cannot franchise him again (correct?) and typically they don't do deals midseason. Ngata as a FA next year... forget the Ravens then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawc View Post
    how would it bite us he sucks.
    Cotchery historically does not suck. The 3 years he started before Rex got there and benched him, he averaged 78 catches, and 983 yards.

He just doesn't add the correct piece that we need at WR.

I have a bad feeling they are going to let Ngata play out the season on the tag...

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    They better get Ngata done ASAP b/c they cannot franchise him again (correct?) and typically they don't do deals midseason. Ngata as a FA next year... forget the Ravens then.
    Tony L said the deal is getting close to being done (somewhere in the 6year $72 million and $40mil signing bonus), it should get done sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Cotchery historically does not suck. The 3 years he started before Rex got there and benched him, he averaged 78 catches, and 983 yards.

He just doesn't add the correct piece that we need at WR.
    hes not terrible, but hes not good, nor is a missed signing that will bite us..