Page 16 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the NFL

Blog Entries

Re: Around the NFL

If Landry leaves, we'll be ok. If he stays, great. One less position we have to worry about a new face in.

I'm not the biggest fan of Landry. I think he's an above average safety at best, but I do think he is better than Zibby or Nakamura (on a hole).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm hoping someone, anyone will offer Landry some money...I'd really like to give Nakamura a chance to earn the spot next to #20.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    why would Rex need Landry when he has HOF Jim Leonhard
    Somehow I don't think any of the guys they take from our team are really worth what they pay. (Leonhard, Scott, Pryce, etc.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Somehow I don't think any of the guys they take from our team are really worth what they pay. (Leonhard, Scott, Pryce, etc.)
    I think Scott was worth it.

He's a pretty damn good MLB. You can't really put a price on experience and knowledge and at the time Rex needed someone who knew his defense in and out.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    Could Landry end up in Philly now that Mikell is gone?

I am thinking NFC East all the way here, with him.
    Philly just spent a 2nd round pick on Jaiqwan Jarret from Temple. He is more than likely going to be there SS. Skins spent a boatload on Atowgwe earlier this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

He's a pretty damn good MLB. You can't really put a price on experience and knowledge and at the time Rex needed someone who knew his defense in and out.
    I agreed. Scott was worth it to that team. Probably not to us or other teams, but absolutely for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Scott was probably the most valuable of them all, but I still don't think he has lived completely up to that contract. I feel like David Harris is the much better ILB on that defense.

Blog Entries

Scott has been enormous for the Jets. He's like having coach on the field. Jim Leonard has also been great for the Jets as a special teams player and a starting S. Pryce was a waste but he didn't cost more than the league minimum.

9. Re: Around the NFL

Scott was probably the most valuable of them all, but I still don't think he has lived completely up to that contract. I feel like David Harris is the much better ILB on that defense.
    Scott's contribution was more about being a player to explain Rex's defense to the other players. His actual performance is nothing to write home about. Certainly not worth 8 million a year, however I will say I wish we still had him next to Ray. None of the guys we've tried to replace Bart with have really stuck as a long term solution.

Blog Entries

I've got a feeling most of our guys are going to want to return rather than take less from another team. With so many free agents out there 2nd tier guys are not going to get the money they used to get. If this was last years free agency Landry would probably have been blown away by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Scott's contribution was more about being a player to explain Rex's defense to the other players. His actual performance is nothing to write home about. Certainly not worth 8 million a year, however I will say I wish we still had him next to Ray. None of the guys we've tried to replace Bart with have really stuck as a long term solution.
    :word

12. Re: Around the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I've got a feeling most of our guys are going to want to return rather than take less from another team. With so many free agents out there 2nd tier guys are not going to get the money they used to get. If this was last years free agency Landry would probably have been blown away by now.
    I don't know. If you weren't a Ravens fan would you even know who Landry was? I don't know if I would.